Barnett Wins the Starting Job

OcalaBull2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Everyone keeps talking about the offense... the defense is poised to be absolutely disgusting!  That's what we need.  That's where Charlie Strong's reputation will help us.  It's going to be hard to move the ball against these guys and now they're free to fly all over the field because they know the defense and we have actual depth.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,901
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Everyone keeps talking about the offense... the defense is poised to be absolutely disgusting!  That's what we need.  That's where Charlie Strong's reputation will help us.  It's going to be hard to move the ball against these guys and now they're free to fly all over the field because they know the defense and we have actual depth.  

I don't know much about the DT position. I know we have a lot of guys that are supposed to be good, but, Hector/Senat were beasts. Hopefully we don't have a gaping hole up the gut. If that's not an issue, I agree, defense should be solid. If we are playing with a lead most of the time, turnovers will be plentiful.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

4 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

I don't know much about the DT position. I know we have a lot of guys that are supposed to be good, but, Hector/Senat were beasts. Hopefully we don't have a gaping hole up the gut. If that's not an issue, I agree, defense should be solid. If we are playing with a lead most of the time, turnovers will be plentiful.

This is why Temple scares the hell out of me..... Especially with Magee's size at LB.  Hector and Senat were both VERY productive inside for us and not just against the run.  

The good news is we get them later in season.  

• Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

48 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

This is why Temple scares the hell out of me..... Especially with Magee's size at LB.  Hector and Senat were both VERY productive inside for us and not just against the run.  

Temple only scared me when Woodie was DC

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

59 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

That might be worse cause of the weather, back to back road games and the war on i4 looming. However, there are a lot of dudes and plenty of depth. We haven’t seen that with a USF team since.... ever? Hopefully some guys step up, but between Kevin Bronson, Kegs, Pinkney, Boyce (Duke transfer who sat out last year), Blake Green (another transfer whom has done well in camp), the redshirt freshmen Darrien Grant, Jabreel Stephens, and true freshmen Tyrone Barber, Waller, Leacock and Williams there will be plenty of dudes. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

7 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

That might be worse cause of the weather, back to back road games and the war on i4 looming. However, there are a lot of dudes and plenty of depth. We haven’t seen that with a USF team since.... ever? Hopefully some guys step up, but between Kevin Bronson, Kegs, Pinkney, Boyce (Duke transfer who sat out last year), Blake Green (another transfer whom has done well in camp), the redshirt freshmen Darrien Grant, Jabreel Stephens, and true freshmen Tyrone Barber, Waller, Leacock and Williams there will be plenty of dudes. 

We got guys, hopefully a few of them are dudes.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

36 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

We got guys, hopefully a few of them are dudes.  

A863B4C4-BE0C-46C3-9682-7666409189FB.gif

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  19

I am still in shock that Barnett was named the starter. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

5 star QB starting for USF. I like that. Has that ever happened?

Edited by bulls phanatic
  • Upvote 1