Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

RedBull13

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Offense gets to know the play and they get to dictate when you can sub. If a defender is tired, the only thing they can do is go down or else they risk a substitution infraction by the offense just snapping the ball. Not Busch league, just playing to game the way they have to. the player has to come off so its not like there is no punishment. Just attack whoever that sub coming in. 

Again tempo should make or break your game plan. If it does, its not that good. 

they need to make injured players sit for the entire series. that would stop this bush league practice.

BTW if you have to fake injury on defense and it's the only way to stop an uptempo offense then your game plan is not that good.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

they need to make injured players sit for the entire series. that would stop this bush league practice.

BTW if you have to fake injury on defense and it's the only way to stop an uptempo offense then your game plan is not that good.

If they do that, they need to make offenses allow defenses to sub. Defenders have to have time to figure out what formation offenses are getting into so that they can aligned themselves. Something offense doesn't have to do because they are told where to go. That cant happen if offenses are just running down and snapping the ball. There's no game plan to cover that because you get two seconds to make a decision. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I would like to see this implemented as it would stop the busch league stuff and also force kids to get evaluated rather than self report injuries.  It's good for player safety and good for the integrity of the game. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

If they do that, they need to make offenses allow defenses to sub. 

Nope, what the offenses are doing is not unethical if a kid can't keep up he needs to be in better condition or needs treatment for cramps etc.  What the defenses are doing is completely unethical and honestly not a good look for player safety either..... 

Edited by Bull Dozer

If they do that, they need to make offenses allow defenses to sub. 

why? if an offense doesn't sub then there is no reason for a defense to be able to sub. there is no advantage.

call a timeout if you want a breather or to sub out players.

Edited by Bull94

4 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

If they do that, they need to make offenses allow defenses to sub. Defenders have to have time to figure out what formation offenses are getting into so that they can aligned themselves. Something offense doesn't have to do because they are told where to go. That cant happen if offenses are just running down and snapping the ball. There's no game plan to cover that because you get two seconds to make a decision. 

why? if an offense doesn't sub then there is no reason for a defense to be able to sub.

I added my explanation to my last post. Offense already has an advantage. Up tempo offenses magnify it by not allowing defenses to line up. To me that just as Busch league because your success is predicated and the other team not having time to get ready. Its just like starting a race on 3 and the running at 2. 

Again offenses get the advantage of knowing where to line up. So basically Willy is saying I can't win unless the team i'm playing against doesn't have time to line up. 

Up tempo offense lead to way more injuries than faking an injury. 

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I added my explanation to my last post. Offense already has an advantage. Up tempo offenses magnify it by not allowing defenses to line up. To me that just as Busch league because your success is predicated and the other team not having time to get ready. Its just like starting a race on 3 and the running at 2. 

so do they need to check with the defense before they allow the ball to be put in play ? couldn't a defense just say" hey we aren't ready yet just give us another 15 seconds so the clock runs out". you see quick snaps all the time in every level of football whether it's to run a play, spike the ball to stop the clock or to catch a defender offsides.

Again offenses get the advantage of knowing where to line up. So basically Willy is saying I can't win unless the team i'm playing against doesn't have time to line up. 

the offense always has the advantage. they know where the play is going. should they have to tell the defense what play they are running in order to get the right personnel on the field or get in the right alignment?