Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

RedBull13

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,883
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

If we're not really sure what the **** that means, there's really no way to know whether he was right or not ...

I find it hard to believe that any school “has a plan” to follow in case they are unexpectedly ranked in the top 5.  What would that even be?

Edited by 79 Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,056
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, 79 Bull said:

I find it hard to believe that any school “has a plan” to follow in case they are unexpectedly ranked in the top 5.  What would that even be?

Keep winning.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, TheUpperHand said:

Keep winning.

You Sir are my Captain Obvious post of the day.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

2 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

C383B23B-47B6-4857-AAEE-7322979D43BE.jpeg

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

There may not have been a plan immediately happened but there **** well should have been one once it happened. It's not exactly ground breaking stuff to expect the athletics leadership to try to react as quickly as possible to capitalize on the momentum the program had. Instead we did nothing. I'm just a dude on a message board and even I see that would've been a perfect time to put together efforts for the IPF/football facility that CJL had been aggressively pushing for. From a business perspective you have to maximize your return on that level customer enthusiasm and athletics leadership definitely failed to do that and from what I see we failed to even start to plan to do so. People who think he was talking about planning on the field are missing the point. Everyone knows the plan on the field is to win. The failure to plan was not taking advantage of the winning and enthusiasm the program had from, fans, donors, and the local community at large. Athletics foolishly thought this level of support was the new normal and was complacent and squandered all of that momentum. 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,595
  • Days Won:  255

28 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

There may not have been a plan immediately happened but there **** well should have been one once it happened. It's not exactly ground breaking stuff to expect the athletics leadership to try to react as quickly as possible to capitalize on the momentum the program had. Instead we did nothing. I'm just a dude on a message board and even I see that would've been a perfect time to put together efforts for the IPF/football facility that CJL had been aggressively pushing for. From a business perspective you have to maximize your return on that level customer enthusiasm and athletics leadership definitely failed to do that and from what I see we failed to even start to plan to do so. People who think he was talking about planning on the field are missing the point. Everyone knows the plan on the field is to win. The failure to plan was not taking advantage of the winning and enthusiasm the program had from, fans, donors, and the local community at large. Athletics foolishly thought this level of support was the new normal and was complacent and squandered all of that momentum. 

We probably hired a firm to do a feasibility study on the feasibility of starting a fund for an IPF at a various future dates but then had to hire another firm to do a new feasibility study once we got to those dates as the situation had changed. There are two types of people in the college athletic world those that do and those that hire firms for feasibility studies, I feel we have been littered with the latter.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,595
  • Days Won:  255

3 hours ago, TheUpperHand said:

Keep winning.

Too bad you weren’t the athletic director, we could have saved so much heart ache. I’m going to try and become the offensive coordinator and then only call the touch down play.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

15 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

For a former qb he definitely can’t recruit qbs

He was a good enough qb recruiter, as a head coach, to have 2 of them drafted ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,883
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, Azmodi said:

I'm honored I guess.

Obviously have to say GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

10 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

I don't know.  Maybe someone can call Rutgers, West Virginia, Louisville.