Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

RedBull13

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

11 hours ago, Brad said:

Squandering momentum is not the same as “not having a plan”.  That’s a truth. Willie’s conceit shines through. 

These are CJL's words coming out of his mouth.  I can guarantee that him and CJL talked and compared notes on their experiences at USF.   CJL wasn't happy with the admin not giving him things he wanted (IPF/Football offices) during those "glory years".   He was upset at *squints and checks notes* the administration not having a plan to capitalize on USF's success while rising to #2 in a BCS conference.  Considering Taggart had ZERO connections inside the athletic departments during those years the only way he would have any kid of idea about that would be talking to somebody who was there.   Guess who was his DC at Oregon, was there, and was frustrated with the lack of internal support they got when their team got to #2?  You should only need 1 guess.....

I know I'm wasting my breath here because we have contingent of scorned lovers who love any chance they get to diss CWT.   If you don't think CJL had some influence on those words, I have some beach front property in South Dakota that you would LOVE!  I'll give it to you at a GREAT price too.....

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

How about take over 3 programs that were in horrible shape and turned them around and made them contenders in a short time period leaving them much better off than he found them?

**** you reeled me back in. 

So are you just ignoring all of his negatives I mentioned? 

Also, at Oregon he left them under .500 and 4th in their division. I dont think you can give him that one.

At USF I give Flowers more of the credit there but he did recruit him so that still fits my narrative of him being a **** good recruiter. So he turned around 2 programs. 

Skip Holtz can claim that too...

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,616
  • Days Won:  255

19 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

These are CJL's words coming out of his mouth.  I can guarantee that him and CJL talked and compared notes on their experiences at USF.   CJL wasn't happy with the admin not giving him things he wanted (IPF/Football offices) during those "glory years".   He was upset at *squints and checks notes* the administration not having a plan to capitalize on USF's success while rising to #2 in a BCS conference.  Considering Taggart had ZERO connections inside the athletic departments during those years the only way he would have any kid of idea about that would be talking to somebody who was there.   Guess who was his DC at Oregon, was there, and was frustrated with the lack of internal support they got when their team got to #2?  You should only need 1 guess.....

I know I'm wasting my breath here because we have contingent of scorned lovers who love any chance they get to diss CWT.   If you don't think CJL had some influence on those words, I have some beach front property in South Dakota that you would LOVE!  I'll give it to you at a GREAT price too.....

And all these years I wrongly assumed CJL was mad at the administration because of his wrongful termination. If they had just built an idf I’m sure we would all be cool right now and hangout like some weird divorced best friends that just work better in a platonic relationship.

1 minute ago, ForestBull said:

**** you reeled me back in. 

So are you just ignoring all of his negatives I mentioned? 

Also, at Oregon he left them under .500 and 4th in their division. I dont think you can give him that one.

At USF I give Flowers more of the credit there but he did recruit him so that still fits my narrative of him being a **** good recruiter. So he turned around 2 programs. 

Skip Holtz can claim that too...

Is 7-5 really a major turn around that you would want to hang your hat on? The fact still remains that you are measured by your record and CWT is still below .500, has zero bowl victories and only has a winning record at one destination, Oregon. I guess you can lose most of your hands and increase your bets and then finally win one hand, get up and declare yourself the victor as you move to another table but I don’t think most people will be horribly impressed. As CWT pointed out mainting success is a different animal than getting there the first time. For the first time in his life CWT will have to achieve and then maintain success, his career will be entirely defined by his time at FSU (.500 isn’t going to cut it so he better hope he steps up his game).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,953
  • Days Won:  436

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

his career will be entirely defined by his time at FSU (.500 isn’t going to cut it so he better hope he steps up his game).

And the saddest ******* thing is that there appears to be decent number of butt hurt fans on here that are hoping he doesn’t. 

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And the saddest ******* thing is that there appears to be decent number of butt hurt fans on here that are hoping he doesn’t. 

I didn't want him to fail at Oregon. I do want FSU to fail so I guess I am rooting against him.

My hatred towards FSU dates back way before Taggart coaching...

Edited by ForestBull

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I hope FSU fails because they are FSU, the same way I hope Florida fails and I’m not even exactly sure who is coaching them now. If there was a way for CWT to be successful with out a team that’s not us to be successful I would cheer for him for sure ( oh wait there was but he left). I will cheer for him everytime he goes against the Gators though, for old times sake.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And all these years I wrongly assumed CJL was mad at the administration because of his wrongful termination. If they had just built an idf I’m sure we would all be cool right now and hangout like some weird divorced best friends that just work better in a platonic relationship.

He was mad at the Admin BEFORE slap gate, a few years before actually.  The relationship was contentious before any of us even knew who Joel Miller was...... 

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

He was mad at the Admin BEFORE slap gate, a few years before actually.  The relationship was contentious before any of us even knew who Joel Miller was...... 

Oh for sure but if you asked him for his take on the university’s administration I’m willing to bet the Joel Miller situation comes up BEFORE any previous contention. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,148
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

Hard to plan, finance and build an IPF and OCS in one week.