QB battle narrowed to two??

BrassBulls12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,826
  • Days Won:  0

If Tommy Eveld or Matt Floyd is any indicator we need to wait until they see the field.  Number 3 could be number one soon. Granted this isn't 2013 or 2014 but eventually Mike White saw the field after Eveld and Bench. Then 2014 we had Matt Floyd start then, Mike White then Quinton Flowers eventually started.  Show me the money!!!!

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

20 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

If Tommy Eveld or Matt Floyd is any indicator we need to wait until they see the field.  Number 3 could be number one soon. Granted this isn't 2013 or 2014 but eventually Mike White saw the field after Eveld and Bench. Then 2014 we had Matt Floyd start then, Mike White then Quinton Flowers eventually started.  Show me the money!!!!

Agreed.  Things can change fast when the bullets are live.    However I do think this next scrimmage will decide the starter if one of the 3 clearly outplays the other 2.  I think the coaches have been looking for somebody to clearly take hold of the job but none of the guys have done that so far.  I think the coaches have been holding out for a "that's our guy" moment but none of the 3 have separated themselves like that which means we may be moving towards "well, i guess we can settle on _____________".  

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

32 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Pretty sure 2013 was the year Floyd started, with Mike White eventually taking over.  2014 we saw Q get limited time (with a redshirt that had no business being burned that late in the season)  with White being our main starter.  But yes, I get your point.  It's really hard to tell where anyone truly stands.  Kean has the same amount of TD passes as Barnett throughout his career (2), which is the highest level of college experience any of our QB roster has. 

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

40 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Pretty sure 2013 was the year Floyd started, with Mike White eventually taking over.  2014 we saw Q get limited time (with a redshirt that had no business being burned that late in the season)  with White being our main starter.  But yes, I get your point.  It's really hard to tell where anyone truly stands.  Kean has the same amount of TD passes as Barnett throughout his career (2), which is the highest level of college experience any of our QB roster has. 

I wonder if BB comes to USF if Q was still here?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I wonder if BB comes to USF if Q was still here?

I HIGHLY doubt it.  I’m sure he transferred with the hopes of winning a job, but I don’t see anyone in their right mind starting someone over Q if he were back another year. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,826

1 hour ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Yes you are right. Matt FLoyd happened Taggart's first year.

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649

It's funny how I was banned from Stampede for saying that CCS was going to get a GT in the spring. Some folks here also post there and went nuts and put forth an effort to get me banned. When BB got here I said he will start and immediately that pencil neck moderator banned me. I think the line that broke the camel's back was.."You are not in the mix to be the QB at Bama as a RS freshmen if you are not that good....this guy can fling it all over the yard and K and O are just not at that level." I also said that CCS would try to find a lineman and a LB...well I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

20 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

It's funny how I was banned from Stampede for saying that CCS was going to get a GT in the spring. Some folks here also post there and went nuts and put forth an effort to get me banned. When BB got here I said he will start and immediately that pencil neck moderator banned me. I think the line that broke the camel's back was.."You are not in the mix to be the QB at Bama as a RS freshmen if you are not that good....this guy can fling it all over the yard and K and O are just not at that level." I also said that CCS would try to find a lineman and a LB...well I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad. 

Nobody cares 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, Corey lea said:

LOL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, Corey lea said:

There's got to be more to the story of the banning than that ....