Scouting Report: Georgia Tech

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

50 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I'm not one to Pop off about positions groups like that compared to opponents but we have size and speed to spare outside and a very unique athlete in Tyree McCants that is a match up nightmare in the slot.   We're 6' 2" or taller on the outside on our 2 deep and everyone can run.  Inside McCants is built like a big RB but runs like a WR and guys like Phillips and Roland are you prototypical slot WR's that are quick and nifty in space.   We have a good P5 team's size speed combo outside and you'll not see another guy like McCants all year, especially with how we use him.  

Ok, I see where you are coming from. However, we have two guys that fit what you are talking about. The 3rd guy I was talking about is only aroun 6’0-6’1 but he’s a burner. Our top guy right now has the potential to be very very good. He has really strong hands and he’s jut a big dude. His name is Jalen Camp and is the guy I posted the video of earlier in the thread. I’d definitely say y’all have studs at the WR spot though, and they are really going to test our DB’s. 

27 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

Got a little heated in here lol. I think what we are saying is we are not worried about your passing because we are so worried about your running game. I think our secondary is the strength of this D. Although, I do find it odd that CCS has been saying all summer that the DLine is the strength of this team. Regardless, even a good dline will have a tough time with you guys.

In regards to our offense vs. your defense, we believe our passing game will give you guys a hard time because of the quality WRs(plus Wilcox) and QB who seems like a stud. Our running game is a big unknown because our starter did not play last week and we have no game film to rely on. Holding my breath on that one.

It seems like one of your message boards tends to be more level headed about this game than the other. 

Yea GTSwarm is the best imo. And I agree with everything you said, that’s just not how the other posters put it at all. There was a lot of comments made based on no facts and just assumptions. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 minutes ago, GT FAN said:

Ok, I see where you are coming from. However, we have two guys that fit what you are talking about. The 3rd guy I was talking about is only aroun 6’0-6’1 but he’s a burner. Our top guy right now has the potential to be very very good. He has really strong hands and he’s jut a big dude. His name is Jalen Camp and is the guy I posted the video of earlier in the thread. I’d definitely say y’all have studs at the WR spot though, and they are really going to test our DB’s. 

Yeah, nothing against your guys we're just loaded at WR and it's the best and deepest position group on the team.  Usually we have maybe one big guy that can run but we go two deep with big fast guys who can actually catch the ball as well.   Also, McCants well, you'll see about McCants.   He's probably one of the funnest players in the country to watch.  

Of course all of this is for naught if we cant protect BB.   How is your front 7 against the pass?  

Edited by Bull Dozer

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yeah, nothing against your guys we're just loaded at WR and it's the best and deepest position group on the team.  Usually we have maybe one big guy that can run but we go two deep with big fast guys who can actually catch the ball as well.   Also, McCants well, you'll see about McCants.   He's probably one of the funnest players in the country to watch.  

Of course all of this is for naught if we cant protect BB.   How is your front 7 against the pass?  

Not sure about our front 7 against the pass yet, we were so vanilla week 1 we didn’t see many blitz or stunts. We have some guys who can get after the QB from what we saw in the spring game (Really aggressive D) but that’s practice. Our best DL for the rush is probably Saint-amour he’s about 250, our other DE is 280 and our NT that started is 320ish, we should be good against the run. We also have some Lb’s who are quick and can blitz, but once again it needs to happen in a game. I honestly think we will be good, not great against the pass when it comes to creating pressure. The crazy thing from what I’ve read on this thread, is that what we think is a weakness for us(not sure if it really is) is something y’all can expose with y’all stregth and vice versa. Should be a good game I’m thinking in the mid to high 30’s. Remember guys there will more than likely be limited possessions in this game.

For GT to win I think we need to get out and score early and often which will hopefully put pressure on y’alls offense and cause mistakes.

For USF to win I think y’all need to get some early stops, maybe turnovers. And then on offense air it out. If you get ahead keep adding it on. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 minutes ago, GT FAN said:

Not sure about our front 7 against the pass yet, we were so vanilla week 1 we didn’t see many blitz or stunts. We have some guys who can get after the QB from what we saw in the spring game (Really aggressive D) but that’s practice. Our best DL for the rush is probably Saint-amour he’s about 250, our other DE is 280 and our NT that started is 320ish, we should be good against the run. We also have some Lb’s who are quick and can blitz, but once again it needs to happen in a game. I honestly think we will be good, not great against the pass when it comes to creating pressure. The crazy thing from what I’ve read on this thread, is that what we think is a weakness for us(not sure if it really is) is something y’all can expose with y’all stregth and vice versa. Should be a good game I’m thinking in the mid to high 30’s. Remember guys there will more than likely be limited possessions in this game.

For GT to win I think we need to get out and score early and often which will hopefully put pressure on y’alls offense and cause mistakes.

For USF to win I think y’all need to get some early stops, maybe turnovers. And then on offense air it out. If you get ahead keep adding it on. 

Yeah that's the way I see it too.  Tech needs to get ahead early and grind out long possessions.  USF needs to jump ahead early and get some some turnovers to make you guys pass more than you want to.  Option teams aren't built to play from behind so we need to get off to a fast start and hopefully force some turnovers early to keep you guys from grinding down our defense.   I think this will be a good tough game but i ultimately see you guys wearing us down and beating ups by 10-14.   We have a lot of guys stepping into starting roles in the middle of our defense this season and we're a bit small at LB and I think you guys will be able to exploit this and wear us down.   

41 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yeah that's the way I see it too.  Tech needs to get ahead early and grind out long possessions.  USF needs to jump ahead early and get some some turnovers to make you guys pass more than you want to.  Option teams aren't built to play from behind so we need to get off to a fast start and hopefully force some turnovers early to keep you guys from grinding down our defense.   I think this will be a good tough game but i ultimately see you guys wearing us down and beating ups by 10-14.   We have a lot of guys stepping into starting roles in the middle of our defense this season and we're a bit small at LB and I think you guys will be able to exploit this and wear us down.   

That’s kinda how I see it as well. If y’all can’t stop us up the middle it will be a long day. But who knows, this game could literally go a multitude of ways.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,580

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

Here's an example of McCants.....

McCants being McCants

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Geeze PJ seems like a lot of fun to be around...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,144
  • Days Won:  109

15 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I appreciate the break down.  Have you heard from your end how many people are coming down?  I am hoping for a big turnout all around.  I am also driving down from Atlanta, so I'll probably see a lot of GT fans on the road.

I am concerned about our line play in the first game, but we'll see. The QB came out slinging dimes, which I definitely did not expect.  Our secondary stood out in coverage.  We had a sidelined RB that was much ballyhooed, so I am hoping that is an X factor in the next game as well.

Spoke with new VPofA Kelly at the soccer match last night.  Think he mentioned 1,500 were allotted but didn't know how many were turned back.