We Made It!!

Apis Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,587
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Check my post again and see my Edit. It didn't say that when I clicked on it and I now fully understand the consternation ...... sometime after Ned posted and I saw it, it was corrected.

Well that’s a nicer tagline; glad they fixed it but it was pretty shoddy work at best to have it there in the first place. We maybe a pretty whiny fan base but I think any fan base isn’t going to appreciate that much.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Well that’s a nicer tagline; glad they fixed it but it was pretty shoddy work at best to have it there in the first place. We maybe a pretty whiny fan base but I think any fan base isn’t going to appreciate that much.

Just another example of shoddy editing you see pretty much everywhere these days ...... and I was wondering what was up with your #metoo comment but that explains it.

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,672
  • Days Won:  25

20 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Of course we are going to do what we can to differentiate ourselves and seem more appealing than any other option, but the possibility of USF/UCF as a package deal is   just as likely    as either one of us on our own. 

Unfortunately I agree. This was yesterday ↑  ↑  ↑ 

But! Today - Jack Swarbrick, University of Notre Dame Vice President and James E. Rohr Director of Athletics
 "We believe Michael Kelly's hire will be transformational for the South Florida athletic department. He has great local relationships, a strong resume and the industry ties that will ensure the Bulls a seat at the most important tables in collegiate athletics. We look forward to working with him to elevate USF locally and nationally.

https://gousfbulls.com/news/2018/6/28/general-appointment-of-kelly-creates-more-bulls-buzz-in-bay-area-and-beyond.aspx

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,143
  • Days Won:  109

10 hours ago, puc86 said:

Is that bull smiling in that picture?  Is that same bull still on campus?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,143
  • Days Won:  109

20 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

But! Today - Jack Swarbrick, University of Notre Dame Vice President and James E. Rohr Director of Athletics
 "We believe Michael Kelly's hire will be transformational for the South Florida athletic department. He has great local relationships, a strong resume and the industry ties that will ensure the Bulls a seat at the most important tables in collegiate athletics. We look forward to working with him to elevate USF locally and nationally.

https://gousfbulls.com/news/2018/6/28/general-appointment-of-kelly-creates-more-bulls-buzz-in-bay-area-and-beyond.aspx

This is the kind of stuff I enjoy reading.  Gives me hope that I can travel to Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas to see our teams play any conference away game.  Almost forgot WV.  (Where is the sarcasm font?).  Would rather the Big 10 for variety.  If we make AAU status.........

Edit: The first sentence I meant.  Nice to hear from ND that they think highly of our new VP of Athletics.

Edited by CousinRicky

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Is that bull smiling in that picture?  Is that same bull still on campus?

Yes and Yes.

26 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

We need to grab life by the horns and keep doing things to position ourselves at the head of the line, if UCF comes too that's unfortunate but I guess life, and not worry about yoking ourselves to schools that could hold us back.  

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Sounds like the stuff I read on LinkedIn everyday.  Everyone posturing for the next job, just in case. 

ND is a group of elitist who have never had to work for anything as a university.  Why would ND help us?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,556
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Sounds like the stuff I read on LinkedIn everyday.  Everyone posturing for the next job, just in case. 

ND is a group of elitist who have never had to work for anything as a university.  Why would ND help us?

That quote is actually from the CEO of the lightning. Jack had nice things to say about Michael, too, but you are right, ND doesn't plan on helping us.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

14 hours ago, puc86 said:

The real media edition had the correct caption this morning ....

• Upvote 1