We Made It!!

Apis Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

The only reasons the Big 12 would think about taking both USF and UCF as a package deal would be to eliminate a single school being on an island and to better cover the huge market both teams would encompass. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,587
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

The only reasons the Big 12 would think about taking both USF and UCF as a package deal would be to eliminate a single school being on an island and to better cover the huge market both teams would encompass. 

Putting a team on an island gets most of the market growth and at half the investment.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

Just now, puc86 said:

Based on what? Because history shows that there is a way better chance that it’s one of us, so why would we cheer for a coin toss?

You are really worked up about this. Who is saying that we are "cheering" for a coin toss? Who here doesn't want USF to be in a better position than UCF next time expansion talks come around? You are having an imaginary argument on this one, at least as far as people wanting us to be "tied" with UCF is concerned. Also, as has been noted, when teams have been added, they are often added to bring geographic balance and to have a travel partner for other universities in the conference. The Big 12, and WVU in-particular have constantly griped about how WVU is alone on an island. Getting a natural rival (see history and geographic proximity) has been brought up anytime they talk expansion. Other conferences have expanded to create proximity and rivalries. You can continue to choose to ignore that to fit your narrative if you'd like. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Putting a team on an island gets most of the market growth and at half the investment.

Wrong. You limit your conferences over all market penetration when compared to a rival Conference which already has two established and successful teams in that market. Not to mention that you're also going up against a second Conference with a widely successful team already established in the market. by only taking one of the two available teams in that market, you limit your appeal and exposure. Two teams = twice the home games played per year in that market and more overall coverage for your conference within that market. There's a huge difference between entering an open market and one that's already being dominated by a rival.

What do I know, I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night so, I could be wrong.

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Until then we need them to be right on our heels in every way.

Go Bulls!

6 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

You are really worked up about this. Who is saying that we are "cheering" for a coin toss? Who here doesn't want USF to be in a better position than UCF next time expansion talks come around? You are having an imaginary argument on this one, at least as far as people wanting us to be "tied" with UCF is concerned. Also, as has been noted, when teams have been added, they are often added to bring geographic balance and to have a travel partner for other universities in the conference. The Big 12, and WVU in-particular have constantly griped about how WVU is alone on an island. Getting a natural rival (see history and geographic proximity) has been brought up anytime they talk expansion. Other conferences have expanded to create proximity and rivalries. You can continue to choose to ignore that to fit your narrative if you'd like. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Right on our heels doesn't necessarily mean a coin toss. Also, for the sake of argument, how do you think one of our programs can significantly pull away from the other at the present time? 

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Right on our heels doesn't necessarily mean a coin toss. Also, for the sake of argument, how do you think one of our programs can significantly pull away from the other at the present time? 

It certainly means more of a coin toss than it does a marketable difference. One of the ways we just accomplished, if anyone tied to USF is hoping in any way that UCF even sniffs preeminence there is something seriously wrong with them. We need to keep racking up wins like this and keep hoping they don’t. At the end of the day I’m pretty sure it matters who has the most points more than it matters total points between the teams, otherwise we both would have been playing in Atlanta last January. This is a zero sum game and only what is good for USF is good for USF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

Screw UCF.  WE are #1 and no one is better than us Bulls!

image.png.eddacf59a73f2e6623c3c1cd957805fe.png

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

I'm not arguing any point.  I made a comment and he made a counterpoint.  I believe we would make a great package deal for a P5 conference.  He does not.  I'm cool with it.  Only time will tell.  Thanks for jumping in.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

Thanks for jumping in.

You're welcome.