Brent Schaeffer's decision this week?

S p e n c e

Guest Vanilla Rice

I can definately see him going to Clemson.  Why?  Clemson basically runs the same offense as USF.  Or make that USF runs the same offense as Clemson's.  Same formations, everything.  Brent played in a similar offense in high school.  He was always in shotgun.   Notice how Tennessee used him in shotgun a lot?  He will probably do better in a shotgun offense and Clemson runs the spread in shotgun just like USF.  He would definately be used to the offense.  Considering how many big time schools want him, I think the chances of us getting him are slim.  We're talking about a kid who started at QB in the SEC as a TRUE freshman.  That doesn't happen to often.  With that in mind, he probably will be a star in the making no matter where he goes.  I seriously think if he goes to an ACC school, he will be an All-ACC player.  If he wouldn't have gotten hurt this year, he probably would have been a freshman All American.  

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bullpride08

• beastiebull

• Papa_Bull

• Apis Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, but it is fun to think that a player of Schaeffer's calibur is considering USF and might come here.  I'm with you, I want to hear where he finally ends up going and I just hope it is right here.  I truely believe that if he comes here, he will be the biggest recruit this year.  Was really happy when we got Carlton Hill though.  Every year, it was always a near miss on landing a big time QB.  Hill has a lot of work to do though (he played at a class A school).  But it will be fun to see him play QB.  Denson will probably be the fastest QB ever to play at USF so far, but Hill is the total package (speed, size, arm, etc.).  Let's just hope he can pick up the offense pretty quick.  

Hmmm.  VR, put it this way before this became a major media blitz someone was almost a lock to come here.  I thought you would know, it wasn't until the phone began ringing off the hook that the decision became muddy.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

the move we're discussing right now. ;)

Others entered the picture, and promises started flying, and here we are today.

Guest Vanilla Rice

I think I know what you mean as he didn't know he could be recruited all over again and take visits.  But I still think he was considering other schools than USF

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

if he was soooo good why did tenn not put him back in when he cameback....could he be overrated or is ainge and or clausen that good

Guest USFPDIDDYguest
if he was soooo good why did tenn not put him back in when he cameback....could he be overrated or is ainge and or clausen that good

From what I saw, Ainge looked pretty darn good himself.  Clausen knew the offense and got his shot thanks to injuries.

Now, BS is a VERY good athlete who could start at most (but not all) schools 2 years from now.

Vanilla Rice, I have to disagree about him being a lock for the top of the ACC though.  Wright of Miami was a top QB prospect coming out of HS too (#2 behind chris leak I believe).

Thing is, if Wright were even a little worse than BS, he'll probably look much better to the lay person/get better stats.  He plays with much more talented athletes around him that will make him look better than if he were playing with average ones in a tough conference.

BS may wind up getting drafted higher than wright, but coming nowhere near him in college.

A good example of this is none other than Ken Dorsey.  The kid was smart, and ran Miami's system pretty well at QB (one of the top 10 college QB careers of all time according to ESPN, and I agree).  However, he got drafted SEVENTH ROUND (49ers took a chance on him based on his college play with a low pick).

Put it this way: Dorsey had better college numbers than Eli Manning, but there is no way that he was actually more athletic or better.  But man, did he have help.

BS has to go somewhere he will get some help from his offense.  Clemson isnt as strong as some of the schools that would take him.

If he wound up going to USF for some reason it would be terrific, but I don't think he will.  But if he doesnt, I'd look somewhere that is in a better position to win soon than clemson or UNC.  (UNC had an average record, clemson's was also just good but not like he could go to).  I'm surprised we haven't heard places like oklahoma, USC, nebraska (iffy, not really better than clemson), TAMU, Texas (behind young for a year maybe? if young stays!), Ohio State maybe, Kansas State (another good system for him), and NC State.

I'm sure the kid's basing decisions on other things than just playing time and good schools though.  Just about everyone does.

And the other fact of the matter is, if he plays, the NFL will find him.  The NFL is good at that.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Former Tenn QB Shaeffer to transfer to Clemson

According to a radio interview with former Tennessee QB Brent Schaeffer's stepfather, Adolph Lewis, the sophomore is planning to transfer to Clemson. Schaeffer wants to enroll in classes right away, so that he can sit out this fall, work in with the team as quickly as possible, and compete for the starting job next fall.

As we mentioned in May, Schaeffer was considering several schools, but recently narrowed his choices to South Florida and CU. An announcement could come this week or as late as next Tuesday.

Posted by Kevin Donahue

Former Tenn QB Shaeffer to transfer to Clemson

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

usf or clemson

we got good press yet again from scheffer!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Schaeffer makes ALL the QB's we have look like Ronnie Banks.  He won't be the #3 QB in the ACC. He'll be #1 and he IS going to Clemson.  Pencil it in.

;)