Rating the state's RB's

Guest Vanilla Rice

Guest Vanilla Rice

Who says anything about bashing the kid?  I said he's one of the nation's top 20 backs.  I'm just being realistic and thinking football and not thinking just green and gold.  Again, a lot of people (like yourself) don't think very realisticly when it comes to football and I expect that of most fans.  I have friends who are Gators and they still think Kenyatta Walker is a good offensive lineman just because he started a Super Bowl.  I also remind them so did Trent Dilfer.  Again, start thinking outside of the green and gold box.  Next thing you know, I'm going to start hearing is that Tim Jones is compared to Lawrence Taylor or something.  Again, it's nice to be a fan, and all and thinking everything is the best.  But again, when you think football, you have to start thinking realistically.  Many of you don't know much about football outside of USF.  Get out some more and don't let green and gold cloud your head when it comes to thinking football.  I have friends that are gators and they thought Ron Zook was a good coach.  So you see what I mean.....again, start thinking outside the green and gold box.  

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bullpride08

• CyberBull

• BullDoug

• BullsHater

Guest Vanilla Rice

I'm not trying to knock Andre, but if he is so great as you all think and if you want to compare him to Marhsall Faulk, etc.  Then why haven't you seen him on the Heisman talk radar and why does EVERY sports publication that is out now not list him as a first team or even second team All-American.  in other words, take it for what he is....a good college back with great potential, but when some of you out there start comparing him to peyton, dickerson and marhsall?  That's being a little too inside the green and gold box thinking now isn't it?  now I'll give you a kid that wasn't given his due and that's Kawika.  I thought kawika was one of the top five LB's in America his senior year and definate All-America type player.  but he wasn't given that because he played for USF.  But I've seen Kawika play and saw the other LB's in the nation that year, etc.  Kawika was a dominating player and definate mention of top player calibur.  But you all are putting Andre HAll like he's going to win the heisman.  Again, last year he wasn't even the best back in Conference USA.  Did you all check out a guy named DeAngelo Williams from Memphis?  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not trying to knock Andre, but if he is so great as you all think and if you want to compare him to Marhsall Faulk, etc.  Then why haven't you seen him on the Heisman talk radar and why does EVERY sports publication that is out now not list him as a first team or even second team All-American.  in other words, take it for what he is....a good college back with great potential, but when some of you out there start comparing him to peyton, dickerson and marhsall?  That's being a little too inside the green and gold box thinking now isn't it?  now I'll give you a kid that wasn't given his due and that's Kawika.  I thought kawika was one of the top five LB's in America his senior year and definate All-America type player.  but he wasn't given that because he played for USF.  But I've seen Kawika play and saw the other LB's in the nation that year, etc.  Kawika was a dominating player and definate mention of top player calibur.  But you all are putting Andre HAll like he's going to win the heisman.  Again, last year he wasn't even the best back in Conference USA.  Did you all check out a guy named DeAngelo Williams from Memphis?  

I never compared him to Eric Dickerson or Marshal Faulk. My only issue is that you seem to focus on what he isn't at the expense of forgetting how good a COLLEGE back he is for USF.

Hall is a great college back. He is reliable, works hard, has leadership qualities and can a lot of things well.  It seems that some are holding it against him that he is not the physical specimen that like a Bo Jackson or Hershell Walker.

BTW, the word fan is short for fanatic. I think you and I could agree that USF needs all the fanatics it can find. These kind of fans breed enthusiam among USF fans and others on the fence. So yeah perhaps I am looking at things through my Green and Gold glasses but so what...

Hall has had a great college career and the jury is still out on how good he can as a pro.

Guest Vanilla Rice

At least Cyber bull you admit that you don't know much about football when you say you look at things through green and gold glasses.  With that being said, I think that shows that I am right when I say that Washington is a better back then Hall and that you all are putting him into a class that he is not.  I'm not saying it was you that said you compare him to Dickerson and Payton but somebody on this posting made that comment and I was like,  whooaa let's slow down a bit.  that kid is good, but those guys are in the Hall of Fame.  This year there are TWO special backs in the country.  Make that three.  There is the kid from Oklahoma, DeAngelo Williams and Reggie Bush.  I think lendale white is the better RB on USC's team, but Bush gets the nod because he is what is called a "big play maker."  meaning that he can break for six anytime on a return, reception or run.  But inbetween the tackles....its lendale White.  But Andre Hall is definately not in the class of those guys and I think some of you are putting him in that class.  Those guys are heisman trophy candidates.  But again, you are right when you say fanatic.  So as a fan, you just need to sit down and shut up and not talk about things you don't know.  Which is football.  Why?  Because you look at it from a fans standpoint meaning you don't see outside the box.  All you see is green and gold.  so in your case I guess that means that you also think that Travis Lipp is a Biletnikoff candidate?  i guess that means that DeJuan Brown is going to win the Thorpe this year too huh?  But at least you admit to your lack of football knowledge.  

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

The Heisman trophy stopped being a relevant measuring stick 15 years ago so I would stop that line of thought right there...

Bush, Peterson and Williams are special backs. But the NFL draft is littered with tons of "special backs" with all the tools that got upstaged by less heralded players.

All I am saying is that it is unfair to diminish Hall's abilities w/o seeing what he can do.

BTW, I have always hated the argument that if you didn't play the game at the college of professional level that your opinion on football matters is worthless. Once again there are countless examples where the media was right about a player when an NFL team with millions of dollars invested in talent evaluation was just dead wrong. Last time I checked most media members haven't played much football, but yet most knew enough to know that drafting Lawrence phillips out of nebraska in the 1st round was a bad idea....and we all know what happened there....

Oh one more thing....as a fan....I am the reason why the product exists and how players earn scholarships and NFL players get paid. Your reasoning that fans should not be heard is just as dumb as pro athletes who rip their coaches b/c they didn't play MLB or in the NFL. It's not rocket science to figure out who can play and who can't. The bottom line is production. If a player produces then he is a great player. Great athletes who don't produce are qucikly unemployeed. We'll have to wait and see what kind of player Hall and Washington will be at the next level.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,380
  • Days Won:  3

But again, you are right when you say fanatic.  So as a fan, you just need to sit down and shut up and not talk about things you don't know.  Which is football.  Why?  Because you look at it from a fans standpoint meaning you don't see outside the box.   

Wow, there is never anything more telling about a person then the way they put others down.  There is NOTHING I repeat NOTHING that makes someone who played college or pro football better at evaluating football talent in general than can be obtained by fans of the game. Playing offensive tackle for four years doesnt make you an expert on receivers or on defensive backs. (General example, if you played another position it still applies). If you were a receiver or a DB you might be able to discern ability in those two roles better than someone who hasnt played but in general, there is NOTHING that makes an "ex-player" a better evaluation of talent.

You can be a fan AND a student of the game which is what gives people the ability to discern talent.

Its a sports fans right to talk about thier team and players. We may not always be right but then again, neither are the players.

Hall has a lot of potential and he had a great year, considering how much damage he did early in games and then we seemed to abandon the run later in the game. It would be nice if we could get our passing game going early this year and then sit on and ride out a nice lead with a great running game. But then again we have already been given a nibble about Hall, and I bet his recieving yards go up a bit this year.....

Guest S.  Bien
At least Cyber bull you admit that you don't know much about football when you say you look at things through green and gold glasses.  With that being said, I think that shows that I am right when I say that Washington is a better back then Hall and that you all are putting him into a class that he is not.  I'm not saying it was you that said you compare him to Dickerson and Payton but somebody on this posting made that comment and I was like,  whooaa let's slow down a bit.  that kid is good, but those guys are in the Hall of Fame.  This year there are TWO special backs in the country.  Make that three.  There is the kid from Oklahoma, DeAngelo Williams and Reggie Bush.  I think lendale white is the better RB on USC's team, but Bush gets the nod because he is what is called a "big play maker."  meaning that he can break for six anytime on a return, reception or run.  But inbetween the tackles....its lendale White.  But Andre Hall is definately not in the class of those guys and I think some of you are putting him in that class.  Those guys are heisman trophy candidates.  But again, you are right when you say fanatic.  So as a fan, you just need to sit down and shut up and not talk about things you don't know.  Which is football.  Why?  Because you look at it from a fans standpoint meaning you don't see outside the box.  All you see is green and gold.  so in your case I guess that means that you also think that Travis Lipp is a Biletnikoff candidate?  i guess that means that DeJuan Brown is going to win the Thorpe this year too huh?  But at least you admit to your lack of football knowledge.  

VR,

You're spending way to much time trying to explain to people why Hall isn't going to be good in the pros.  Sorry bud but I've got to break two things to you.  First, who gives a frickin crap right now, just quit it dude all most care about for the time being is what type of senior season Hall will have, and by most gauges it will be pretty good, because even by your own admission Hall's a **** good college back.   Second, he has skills that can be valuable in the NFL, IF he improves in other areas.  AND you nor anyone else does not possess a crystal ball so let's quit trying to predict if he will or won't improve.  There will be plenty of time next spring to gauge that aspect of Hall.

I know enough people connected with the team, and Hall was told last year he was a late-mid to late round pick---- 5th round or greater.  Most consensus had him drafted it was just the question where.  He was told what to work on- strength, size, speed; so he has something to build on and a shot to improve his draft status....let's see what happens before putting him in a **** box!

Now there's no green and gold glasses hanging on that assessment.

By the way, Travis Lipp as a Biletnikoff winner is an amusing analogy.  That's not fair to Hall because Lipp's marginal at WR, and Hall's far from a marginal RB.  Be fair to the posters here at least.

Guest Vanilla Rice

Bien,

I wasn't trying to bring up his pro potential, I was just trying to talk some sense into people who don't know diddly about college football and who wear the green and gold goggles and don't think things when they talk.  I mean, by no means am I an FSU fan.  But come on.  A lot of these people here think Hall is the best back in the state.  Better than Washington at FSU?  That kid is one of the top ten backs in the nation.  Everyone then comes up with stats.  So I bring back the analogy, if that is true.  Then i guess the kid at North Texas is the best RB in the nation (he led the nation in rushing).  I don't think the kid at North Texas is as good as Andre Hall.  Also the sun belt defenses aren't as good as conference USA defenses.  I know it's nice to be a fan.  but some people on this site don't think with football sense and think every player on the Bulls team is the best in the nation.  I mean, someone on here even compared Hall to Dickerson and Payton.  That's going a little overboard.  Then someone tried comparing him to Faulk because they are similar in size.  Whoa Nellie!  Faulk was special his freshman year and was runner up for the Heisman his sophomore year.  You knew that kid was going to be special at the next level automatically which is why he was a top three pick.  I'm surprised I'm not hearing on this site Pat Julmiste or Courtney Denson as Heisman candidates.  Granted, Hall is one of the top 20 backs in America and he is a good back.  But....some people are putting him up there with Reggie Bush, the kid at Oklahoma, DeAngelo Williams, Mike Hart at Michigan, the kid from Minnesota, Washington from FSU.  Those guys are in a class to themselves.  To be honest with you, I think some people on this site want to say Hall is better than the kid at FSU because they hate FSU.  That's fine and dandy, but if you know a thing or two about football, you know that the kid at FSU is one of the top ten backs in America.  A potential All-America candidate.  Then people want to throw stats out there and they forget.....he shares carries with Lorenzo Booker.  Bulls fans might remember when USF was stacked at RB with Crossley, DeJuan Green, Vince Brewer and Quinten Callum.  Remember that?  They all shared carries and because of that one individual didn't put up Andre Hall type numbers.  The same is at FSU.  They have two good RB's so they share the carries.  Same goes for the two at USC so when that happens, you're not going to have one guy with Andre Hall type numbers.  I liked though how Cyberbull said that he is a fan and a fan is a fanatic so yes he sees things in green and gold.  At least he admited at that point that he is biased and doesn't know a **** thing about football.