Rating the state's RB's

Guest Vanilla Rice

Guest S.  Bien
Bien,

I wasn't trying to bring up his pro potential, I was just trying to talk some sense into people who don't know diddly about college football and who wear the green and gold goggles and don't think things when they talk.  I mean, by no means am I an FSU fan.  But come on.  A lot of these people here think Hall is the best back in the state.  Better than Washington at FSU?  That kid is one of the top ten backs in the nation.  Everyone then comes up with stats.  So I bring back the analogy, if that is true.  Then i guess the kid at North Texas is the best RB in the nation (he led the nation in rushing).  I don't think the kid at North Texas is as good as Andre Hall.  Also the sun belt defenses aren't as good as conference USA defenses.  I know it's nice to be a fan.  but some people on this site don't think with football sense and think every player on the Bulls team is the best in the nation.  I mean, someone on here even compared Hall to Dickerson and Payton.  That's going a little overboard.  Then someone tried comparing him to Faulk because they are similar in size.  Whoa Nellie!  Faulk was special his freshman year and was runner up for the Heisman his sophomore year.  You knew that kid was going to be special at the next level automatically which is why he was a top three pick.  I'm surprised I'm not hearing on this site Pat Julmiste or Courtney Denson as Heisman candidates.  Granted, Hall is one of the top 20 backs in America and he is a good back.  But....some people are putting him up there with Reggie Bush, the kid at Oklahoma, DeAngelo Williams, Mike Hart at Michigan, the kid from Minnesota, Washington from FSU.  Those guys are in a class to themselves.  To be honest with you, I think some people on this site want to say Hall is better than the kid at FSU because they hate FSU.  That's fine and dandy, but if you know a thing or two about football, you know that the kid at FSU is one of the top ten backs in America.  A potential All-America candidate.  Then people want to throw stats out there and they forget.....he shares carries with Lorenzo Booker.  Bulls fans might remember when USF was stacked at RB with Crossley, DeJuan Green, Vince Brewer and Quinten Callum.  Remember that?  They all shared carries and because of that one individual didn't put up Andre Hall type numbers.  The same is at FSU.  They have two good RB's so they share the carries.  Same goes for the two at USC so when that happens, you're not going to have one guy with Andre Hall type numbers.  I liked though how Cyberbull said that he is a fan and a fan is a fanatic so yes he sees things in green and gold.  At least he admited at that point that he is biased and doesn't know a **** thing about football.  

I hear ya, and you make great sense with a wealth of knowledge but I mean where is it really getting us bantering about Hall's potential a year from now.  Let's just all hope he stays healthy and lives up to the potential this fall- let's face it that's the first step for him to have any shot at getting drafted, stay healthy and have another very good season.

As for your identity I got an idea, but not sure.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bullpride08

• CyberBull

• BullDoug

• BullsHater

Guest Vanilla Rice

Right now, Andre Hall is the best RB ever to come through USF.  But i tell you what.  There was a RB that was here that was waaaayyyyy more talented but never lived up to the billing (partly due to sharing time with three other backs)  And that was Dejuan Green.  Want to talk about breakaway speed?  That guy had it.  Legit 4.4 guy.  About the same size as Andre, but a little stalkier.  This kid was one of the top 20 running backs in the nation coming out of high school.  Amazing potential.  Had the drops though.  I know we're talking college and not pro.  That's why I made the analogy of Danny Wuerful vs. Peyton Manning.  Everyone knew Peyton would be a better pro player than Danny, but in college it was a different story.  Quarterback is also a different position when it comes to pro's vs. college.  All I was trying to say is that Andre Hall is a good college back and one of the best in the nation.  But not like some people on this website are making him to be (like those that compared him to Walter and **** and Marshall).  It seems to me, that the Big East lacks star players this year and with that in mind, he has a good chance of being Big East offensive player of the year.  My guess would be that Brohem has a good chance at getting that, Hall, and Greg lee of Pitt.  What will hurt Hall's chance of getting that honor is if we hit the tank like we did last year and don't win some games.  Hall is only one man and can only do so much though.  I would definately have to say that he is probably the most valuable player on the team this year because of how much he accounts for the offense on the team.   But I just love how people don't want to give other players from other teams credit just because they play for a school that they hate.  I'm sure some people on this site don't give Duante Culpepper any credit because he played at Central Florida and as of right now, he's the best pro quarterback out of the state of florida that's currently playing in the league.  

Guest Vanilla rice

The way some people on this site that don't think outside of the box kills me sometimes.  It reminds me of a friend of mine who used to work for the Gators.  He honest to God, said to me that he would take Bam Hardmon over Kawika Mitchell on a college team.  Then again, this is the same guy that thought Kenyatta Walker was good because he started a super bowl and that Cosey Coleman was to blame for the O-line woes of the Bucs and that others have gotten booed in starting lineups of monday night football.  By the way, this guy also called Mo Collins an NFL star player and said that Florida has just as many star players in the NFL as Miami.  Again, it's people like him and some of the people that are fans on this site, that don't know that much about football and think automatically that everything on their team is the best.  It's nice to think that and have that confidence, but one also must be realistic.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

I'm just being realistic and thinking football and not thinking just green and gold.  Again, a lot of people (like yourself) don't think very realisticly when it comes to football and I expect that of most fans.

If you expect that of most fans then why not just shut the Hell up ..........? These sites are mainly for the fanatics of a team, not the intense breaking down of film. If you're trying to impress with your vast wealth of supposed football knowledge, quit wasting your time. Leavittation pretty much burst your bubble on that.

Guest Vanilla Rice

if that's the case then why does everyone put their two cents in here and talk like they know what they are talking about when they don't.  People like you.

You like apples?  how bout them apples!  

If that is the case, then they shouldn't be making comments like comparing Andre Hall to Dickerson and Payton?  Come on.  

Also Fan-atics are sometimes called "crazies."  Is that you?  Get a life!

Guest Vanilla Rice

Maybe if you watched some film Triple B you would have an educated comment to make.  but until then, I guess you don't know much do you?  I guess since you don't, I guess that's why you can't make an educated comment about the subject now can you?  

Didn't think you liked apples.  

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

You just have to look at Kawika's recruiting status coming out of HS.  He visited Notre Dame, UF, UGA, and I believe Tech.  He had over 60 offers, and if they had these type of top 100 lists, and websites Kawika would have been ranked in the top 20 of players coming out of FL that year.   He was no fluke at USF, when he transfered here from UGA that was the biggest help we ever received because to me he was probably one of the most heavily recruited players to ever transfer to USF (hell play)- behind him are Green, McMillian, Usry (came to USF at the wrong time), and possibly Barnhardt.

He was that good, amazingly, he was that solid and fast in HS....The best part of kawika's game was the speed by which he hit players.  Some players absorb blocks, or runners but the great ones accelerate through, speed up at the point of contact- this is why Kawika played even faster than his actual speed (which wasn't bad either).  Kawika was one of those types when he hit a ball carrier or blocker he hit them with as much or more velocity then what they were bringing on him.  What generally occurred was the ball carrier or blocker usually fell back or was knocked down.   He had that knack that when he met a ball carrier that guy went down and usually falling backward.  The sign of a great LB.  That ability causes havoc on an offense, when a LB is rendered unblockable teams must find ways to account for him- MoJones, and Kawika were both those type of players which is why our defense was so **** good from 01-03.  

Snake is a different kind of LB then those two.  Much, much more agile, and explosive but with his speed.  Nicholas is a legit low 4.5's type guy, but he's also legit around 220lbs so he can't absorb blocks he must avoid them.  What makes Nicholas special is he has a knack for avoiding blocks then he has great acceleration to get to a ball carrier before he can get a head of steam- either out of the backfield or off a cut.  As much as I like Snake I am hoping that the rumors I'm hearing are true and Gene Coleman is eligible and ready to go.  He's a player much in the same mold of a Mojo, or Kawika.  Big, solid, and fast but he has the ability to disrupt blocking lanes, and plug holes (not Nicholas' forte).  If we can get someone like that to play along side Nicholas then we're back to being a dominant LBing crew.  A guy like Coleman could allow Nicholas to run free and wrek havoc on offenses by using angles and his speed to disrupt plays while Coleman plugs everything else.  Like in 03' when Mojo got all-conference and Nicholas got Freshman AA.  What a compliment.

Guest Vanilla Rice

Recruiting is like a box of chocolates.  Again, you don't know what you're gonna get.  Kawika lived up to the billing, but DeJuan Green didn't.  DeJuan was higher rated than Kawika was coming out of high school.  You're right about Steve.  He flows good.  He knows how to avoid and shed blocks and find his way through traffic.  Not the biggest guy in the world, but it doesn't matter.  He's gotten a little bigger though but like everyone else, he will lose a lot of it in two a days.  Definately the best guy on defense.  One to watch is Pat St. Louis.  He chose us over Auburn.  He too, has added size and boy that kid can run.  He's fast like Mo Jo but probably faster.  I was very surprised to see that MoJo couldn't hang on in the NFL.  I thought he would be a good player in the league in terms of making a team and contributing on special teams.  i was wrong on that one.  But getting back to St. Nich.  He's also a good kid.  One that you will never find in the police blotters unfortunately like some of his former teammates.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Right now, Andre Hall is the best RB ever to come through USF.  But i tell you what.  There was a RB that was here that was waaaayyyyy more talented but never lived up to the billing (partly due to sharing time with three other backs)  And that was Dejuan Green.  Want to talk about breakaway speed?  That guy had it.  Legit 4.4 guy.  About the same size as Andre, but a little stalkier.  This kid was one of the top 20 running backs in the nation coming out of high school.  Amazing potential.  Had the drops though.  I know we're talking college and not pro.  That's why I made the analogy of Danny Wuerful vs. Peyton Manning.  Everyone knew Peyton would be a better pro player than Danny, but in college it was a different story.  Quarterback is also a different position when it comes to pro's vs. college.  All I was trying to say is that Andre Hall is a good college back and one of the best in the nation.  But not like some people on this website are making him to be (like those that compared him to Walter and **** and Marshall).  It seems to me, that the Big East lacks star players this year and with that in mind, he has a good chance of being Big East offensive player of the year.  My guess would be that Brohem has a good chance at getting that, Hall, and Greg lee of Pitt.  What will hurt Hall's chance of getting that honor is if we hit the tank like we did last year and don't win some games.  Hall is only one man and can only do so much though.  I would definately have to say that he is probably the most valuable player on the team this year because of how much he accounts for the offense on the team.   But I just love how people don't want to give other players from other teams credit just because they play for a school that they hate.  I'm sure some people on this site don't give Duante Culpepper any credit because he played at Central Florida and as of right now, he's the best pro quarterback out of the state of florida that's currently playing in the league.  

Dang Vanilla you ramble like a Golden Knight or someone with maybe an issue w/Hall.  Did he steal carries from you? R u Crossley?  Did he date your girl?  I don't believe there is one fan on this site that believes 'Dre is the Jesus Christ of the "Rock Carriers" or even a true Heisman candidate due to team & conference.  However this is a fan site for fun.  It's about dreaming about championships, sharing fan dreams and disappointm'ts with people of like mind.  95% of us are college educated or is in pursuit of a degree.  Most of us have our heads on straight.  Some of us have even played college football at smaller institutions before coming to USF.  We can discuss the game with an aire of intelligence.  While we are looking & writing thru GnG glasses, we know what the real deal is.  Basically, the issue is, you are being one helluva wet blanket.  Chill on 'Dre Hall please cuz your just killing my preseason football buzz.

Guest Vanilla Rice

Bulldoug,

Hey, i wasn't the one who started comparing hall to Dickerson, Peyton or Faulk like others on this site.  That's when I said, "whoaa nellie."  Let's be realistic here.  I even said he is a top 20 national back.  But I call it like I see it.  I just wanted to bring people down to some sort of reality here who may not know much football sense and don't know much football outside of USF football.  I am a football realist.  If you ask ten out of ten sportswriters, football people, etc.  They will even tell you the best back in the state is the kid from FSU.  I'm not an FSU fan either!  I just probably know a little more than the people on here.  The kid is a good back.  A top 20 back but not a top ten.  Sure it's opinion, but if you look at most of the publications out there and if you watched a little football last year, you probably wouldn't put Hall in the top ten.  Nice to be a fan, but again, let's start getting more realistic.  Like I said, the next thing you know someone will start talking about Travis Lipp for the Biletnikoff award.  That's just like saying do I think USF will go undefeated next year.  Could it happen.   yes, as anything can happen?  Will it happen, most likely not.  In any given year maybe one maybe two teams in the nation go undefeated.  Again, I'm a realist.