USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

bullsmeanbusiness

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

5 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

The guys out East also have the distinction of being the only FCS team to go winless in three separate seasons. Their fanbase has been exposed to seriously "craptastic" football and their donor base is still larger than ours.

I'm glad that athletics is actually discussing this publicly, since it'll take years and lots of money to execute. It gives our donor base the opportunity to step up. If we just compare with our conference brethren, UConn, ECU, and UCF are ahead of us. We need to do better, donor-wise,  prior to actually building this thing. 

Other than you meaning FBS rather than FCS, I completely agree.  It's a big opportunity for our donor base to step up and make this happen.  No complaints from me if it gets done that way.  

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

30 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

LOL  what exactly has UCF gotten out of having an OCS that we haven't?  They're in the same boat we are.  Edit:  and please don't talk about increased fan support.  They got that because they had a good enough team to win the first two AAC conference championships.  We all saw how empty their stadium was two years ago when they sucked.  

And I find it hilarious that you want people to stop bringing up the WVU game in 2007, yet you've complained twice about USF not putting a stadium up a decade ago.  

GaUSFBull and I disagree on a lot. But on this we agree.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

17 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

LOL  what exactly has UCF gotten out of having an OCS that we haven't?  They're in the same boat we are.  Edit:  and please don't talk about increased fan support.  They got that because they had a good enough team to win the first two AAC conference championships.  We all saw how empty their stadium was two years ago when they sucked.  

And I find it hilarious that you want people to stop bringing up the WVU game in 2007, yet you've complained twice about USF not putting a stadium up a decade ago.  

Sorry, I am just not following what your point is about the WVU game.  That is when we should have looked at an OCS, in my opinion, when we were kicking butt, nationally ranked, etc.  Bringing up the game now as justification to not build an OCS because of the full stadium in 2007 is my point.

I wish I could find it now, but there was something floating around that showed USF's donation level being well below C. Florida's, and yes, I contribute that in large part to Alumni support, which I guess you could call fan support as those fans grow into job having donors.   

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

We have a state of the art basketball arena on campus and consistently have solid scheduling in and out of conference and our attendance is <5K.  Where are the "build it and they will come" fans? 

Our WBB team has been ranked in the Top 20 and plays rock solid competition and the only real draw is UConn. every year.  I know, I know, it's women's hoops.  Again, where are the fans that attend in our OC arena?

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,799
  • Content Count:  38,278
  • Days Won:  29

image.thumb.png.32a723cc4450eee49cef4e2841bfb36f.png

Don't like sideline seating so far away.

Like the open End Zones, should be cooler.

Like that they plan on club seating, can't tell if it's two levels.

On 8/8/2017 at 11:27 AM, Bausfkid said:

While many are excited, as am I, about the conversations around an OCS, the facts are the facts.  The cost is massive and at 40K - 50K seats the stadium would be 2/3 full for home games based on history.  Additionally, at that cost, many could be priced out of season tickets. 

Go Bulls!

Bulls get Concession Moneys!

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

31 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

We have a state of the art basketball arena on campus and consistently have solid scheduling in and out of conference and our attendance is <5K.  Where are the "build it and they will come" fans? 

Our WBB team has been ranked in the Top 20 and plays rock solid competition and the only real draw is UConn. every year.  I know, I know, it's women's hoops.  Again, where are the fans that attend in our OC arena?

Go Bulls!

Our WBB team is just pure magic. The attendance there really is a tragedy.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

36 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Sorry, I am just not following what your point is about the WVU game.  That is when we should have looked at an OCS, in my opinion, when we were kicking butt, nationally ranked, etc.  Bringing up the game now as justification to not build an OCS because of the full stadium in 2007 is my point.

Just funny that the past shouldn't be talked about, unless it fits in line with the point you agree with.  Talk about a packed off-campus stadium for the WVU game should be ramped down, but an opinion that we should have built a stadium 10 years in the past is completely relevant discussion.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

53 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

The guys out East also have the distinction of being the only FBS team to go winless in three separate seasons. Their fanbase has been exposed to seriously "craptastic" football and their donor base is still larger than ours.

I'm glad that athletics is actually discussing this publicly, since it'll take years and lots of money to execute. It gives our donor base the opportunity to step up. If we just compare with our conference brethren, UConn, ECU, and UCF are ahead of us. We need to do better, donor-wise,  prior to actually building this thing. 

Georgia with the correction; good catch. I meant FBS. 

Edited by Paisa el Toro

On 8/8/2017 at 0:24 PM, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Prefer a 40K option.