Oregon reaches out to Willie Taggart

dclenden

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Gents....  CWT will be gone soon.... If not now but surely in the next few years...  a large part of me wants him to take the job now, if offered, so we can get in the mix for Miles, Kiffen, or Strong....  my favorite being Kiffen

Football-wise, Kifflen is a slam dunk. Problem is, he's a world class douchebag.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,256
  • Days Won:  6

26 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Gents....  CWT will be gone soon.... If not now but surely in the next few years...  a large part of me wants him to take the job now, if offered, so we can get in the mix for Miles, Kiffen, or Strong....  my favorite being Kiffen

Unless he comes out tomorrow and says he wants to retire at USF I guess I agree.

If he is going to leave, now would do the least damage.  I could pick some average joe from this board to coach next year's team and he would 10 games based on who we have returning and our schedule.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Days Won:  4

26 minutes ago, MMW said:

Unless he comes out tomorrow and says he wants to retire at USF I guess I agree.

If he is going to leave, now would do the least damage.  I could pick some average joe from this board to coach next year's team and he would 10 games based on who we have returning and our schedule.

Pick me! Pick me! 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

Seems to me the longer this drags on the less likely it's CWT, because we know the interview already happened and why delay?

The question then becomes, what other top-tier teams are looking for head coaches this year and next? I really don't think he'll bolt for just ANY P5 job. So we could luck into him staying longer at USF.

Whatever happens this year, I agree it needs to happen quickly.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,256
  • Days Won:  6

12 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

Pick me! Pick me! 

Not so fast, there's going to be an interview process. You need to provide your complete Publix Deli ordering history and your take on an OCS.

Typos and grammatical errors will not detract from your overall qualifications.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

21 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Seems to me the longer this drags on the less likely it's CWT, because we know the interview already happened and why delay?

The question then becomes, what other top-tier teams are looking for head coaches this year and next? I really don't think he'll bolt for just ANY P5 job. So we could luck into him staying longer at USF.

Whatever happens this year, I agree it needs to happen quickly.

gut feeling is oregon makes a hire soon. didn't they just do the ny interviews yesterday and then the report that fleck was out

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

We'd be smart to try and increase his buyout with flowers and Mack being back.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,901
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, 2000bull said:

gut feeling is oregon makes a hire soon. didn't they just do the ny interviews yesterday and then the report that fleck was out

Agreed, I also wonder if it will take some time because I don't think it will be an easy decision for CWT. He may take a few days after an official offer to make a decision. I think he is a good guy, he'll want to discuss with his family and talk to his team before he goes all in. It may just be that this is what I want, but, I think he stays one more year. I feel like his relationship with these guys (Flowers, Mack, Johnson) is special and he will want to see it through with them, knowing that we should have a great year again next year and he will get another opportunity.

I also wonder what Harbaugh will advise Willie to do. He is at his dream job now, I wonder if he tells CWT to figure out what that job is for him and find a path to it. If that job is in the SE, his path may not be through Oregon. Harbaugh could have skipped the NFL gig and still gotten his dream job.

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  3,501
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

We'd be smart to try and increase his buyout with flowers and Mack being back.

This, if Willie is smart he will ride these guys for next season. I have come to think that if he does bolt, what does that mean in terms of USF's perception? Just a spring board job for the next up and coming? I mean how the hell do you get recruits to stay committed if the coach is gone every three years. This cycle of bs needs to stop. I and I will finish with this, Jim would still be here..

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,316
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, jchem1995 said:

This, if Willie is smart he will ride these guys for next season. I have come to think that if he does bolt, what does that mean in terms of USF's perception? Just a spring board job for the next up and coming? I mean how the hell do you get recruits to stay committed if the coach is gone every three years. This cycle of bs needs to stop. I and I will finish with this, Jim would still be here..

Why would it be more smart for Taggart to stay here and ride those guys than probably double his salary at a perennial P5 contender?

Its not him, it's us.  We need to look in the mirror and deal with it.

• Upvote 1