Oregon reaches out to Willie Taggart

dclenden

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Mizzou said:

I can only imagine how the Tampa Media with POS people like Martin Fennelly would simply go nuk-u-lar if Leavitt was hired back.

I was not referring to Jim Leavitt, he is done forever here.   I was referring to a past assistant coach if there is a good one available that understands defense and can recruit in Florida.   

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Mizzou said:

Good luck with that.  There is a big reason the vast majority of assistant coaches cannot make the transition from coaching to administration.  And that is what a HC is, an administrator.

So I am curious what is your point/agenda? What is the purpose of your posts? What is your end game? Are you saying that we are basically screwed because we dropped CJL? Should we just shut down our program? Should we move to 1aa? Exactly, what do you want us to do?

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  53

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So I am curious what is your point/agenda? What is the purpose of your posts? What is your end game? Are you saying that we are basically screwed because we dropped CJL? Should we just shut down our program? Should we move to 1aa? Exactly, what do you want us to do?

Haha this reminds me of being at work.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,310
  • Days Won:  8

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think he likes typing.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Mizzou said:

Yeah...That about covers it.

Ahhh...so in other words, you are just a ******* waste of time. Got it. You better get back to bed honey, I think 'ol Jimmy is calling you back for your frontal massage.

Thank God for the ignore feature on this board. Bye-Bye.....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  216
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Brad said:

If money overwhelms loyalty in this case, I'll be glad he's gone.  USF needs a guy that believes he can take this program to new heights.  It needs a head coach to believe in USF as much as he will ask players and recruits to believe.  His leaving would be a sleight to every single player he has recruited to U of South Florida.  If he leaves, his enticements and vision would have been only to serve his own needs.  This school believed in him and gave him a hand up from WKU.  Players believed in him.  He and Harlan should talk this through to determine what makes the most sense.  Sure, we were spoiled to have a coach that would have made USF Football his life's work.  Now we know how rare that can be.  If Willie isn't about USF Football, if he is not #Allin and #OntheBus himself, then we need to #DoSomething and find someone that wants to be here and being a millionaire is enough.

While I don't think CWT will be offered the gig and was only interviewed because he fills the state of Oregon's requirements regarding minority hiring....CWT does not owe us anything.

If this year could not get the students, alumni, and community to bother supporting the team...nothing will. CWT is as embarrassed about this as any of us are.  It shows that this community has no interest in USF becoming big time and relevant.

I would imagine that he is getting paid the same as Scott Frost does not help either.

Edited by gmanbull93
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Wants us to give him the record of most neg votes?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

2 hours ago, Mizzou said:

How dare I speak the truth!

Like I've said before...I've been banned from much better message boards than this one.  And I have been banned from this one as well, thus the comment about Brad being a fair person.

I love Coach Leavitt, but he seemed to plateau, and then gave USF no choice but to fire him.  It's been 7-8 years...it's time to let it go, and not act like the ex-girlfriend who cheated, got caught & dumped and then keeps popping up on Facebook to tell the guy, now recovered, that she was the best he ever had.

Get on with your life.  Leavitt seems to have done so, and I wish him well.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bullinchinashop said:

I would be very surprised if Oregon offers Willie the job, his resume does not warrant that job and also he does not have the connections yet to build a winning supporting cast of assistant coaches (Woodie...lol). However, if he is offered that high profile job he has to take it.

what irks me is Tony dung who lives in Tampa and says he supports our program is lobbying for the coach he helped bring here get the Oregon job.   We really need to distant ourselves from this kind of support.  

jim Leavitt never let outside people affect this program.   We need to bring in an ex USF coach to lead this team if slick Willie leaves who understands defense. 

If Oregon was so great for Dungy, why did his son bolt for USF, only to ride the pine for a year (occasional ST plays)?

But hey, Dungy has an agenda, and is trying to help improve Taggart's career path.  Can't hate him for that.

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He yearns for us to be as miserable as he is, and has been since his buddy Leavitt fired himself.  I'm not joining him in that dark place.