dclenden

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

WKU - entry level

USF - middle management

Oregon - Senior Executive

People are insane to think Taggart owes USF any kind of loyalty. He needs to do what's best for him and his family.

We would not have hesitated in firing him if he had a losing year last year.

Nobody on here would pass up a significant raise and promotion.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Saved the program from cancellation?

will NEVER be taken seriously as a potential power team?

Brad's "silence" = complicit with "lynching?"

Brad - why are you protecting this guy?   ^^^ he just impugns you and USF in every way possible.  Please, FTLOG, ban his ass from this site.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

I understand why it makes sense for CWT to leave, but I agree with Brad. I also just don't like the hypocrisy and elitism inherent in CFB at certain levels. On the one hand, CWT lectures recruits that they should be #BayMadeBayStayed and "put on for their city" like him, but on the other hand, his *** is out the door as soon as he gets paid.

There are also various structural advantages that favor older teams over newer teams, even if they are less competitive (Purdue, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest). And money has infiltrated CFB to the point that a caste system has developed and longstanding rivalries have been eliminated.

I love my Bulls and will always support them, but loyalty is in short supply in CFB. It is demanded from alumni and fans on a regular basis, as well as recruits, but has gone the way of the dodo among coaches and executives.

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,310
  • Days Won:  8

50 minutes ago, Mizzou said:

Brad...

I think you're perspective is a bit skewed.  CWT took over a roaring dumpster fire of a program and saved it from cancellation, yet many here badmouthed him and called for his firing.

Have you never sought or accepted a promotion?  USF will never again be taken seriously as a potential power team and will always be a stepping stone program, so please excuse CWT while he tries to get to a program where he can achieve at the top of his profession.

CJL remained loyal to USF and look where that got him?  And you had a bully pulpit to speak, but remained silent and went along with the lynching. 

Out of line.  I second GA's motion for a ban...this guy's been given enough rope himself.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

If he leaves he leaves. I trust Harlan to find a great replacement (would hope for Scott) and we would move on. And guess what? If that replacement does well he too will move on. As long as the AD develops a system that hires successful coaches who want to maintain our offensive consistency (spread the field out) and has recruiting chops, our chances are always good. USF FB Head Coach is a great job that many will want! 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,310

4 minutes ago, Mizzou said:

How dare I speak the truth!

Like I've said before...I've been banned from much better message boards than this one.  And I have been banned from this one as well, thus the comment about Brad being a fair person.

b8134ab0b85e1b7c7410dc318540c72316937c15

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

26 minutes ago, Mizzou said:

There's no hypocrisy in advancement in your profession.  You're going to have to deal with the realities of being a stepping stone program.  You should be happy bigger programs want your coaches because that means you're winning, but if you're not winning, no one cares who your coach is.

Again...You make the mistake of thinking a promotion to a nationally prominent program with lots of money and resources is just about money.  It's not.

Look here. Reality is that there are perhaps 5- or 6 end jobs in all of FBS. They are Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan and perhaps Notre Dame and Stanford. USC, Florida and Florida State no longer register as that.  So you coming here and casting disparaging comments towards USF displays only your distain for USF. You have no credibility when you could just as easily be writing about UGA, LSU, USCe, Florida State, Florida, Penn State, Oregon or Oklahoma.

Do yourself and all of us whom post here a favor and just go away. Don't go away mad, Just go away.

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 2

• Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

I would be very surprised if Oregon offers Willie the job, his resume does not warrant that job and also he does not have the connections yet to build a winning supporting cast of assistant coaches (Woodie...lol). However, if he is offered that high profile job he has to take it.

what irks me is Tony dung who lives in Tampa and says he supports our program is lobbying for the coach he helped bring here get the Oregon job.   We really need to distant ourselves from this kind of support.  

jim Leavitt never let outside people affect this program.   We need to bring in an ex USF coach to lead this team if slick Willie leaves who understands defense. 

• Content Count:  3,233

1 minute ago, Bullinchinashop said:

I would be very surprised if Oregon offers Willie the job, his resume does not warrant that job and also he does not have the connections yet to build a winning supporting cast of assistant coaches (Woodie...lol). However, if he is offered that high profile job he has to take it.

what irks me is Tony dung who lives in Tampa and says he supports our program is lobbying for the coach he helped bring here get the Oregon job.   We really need to distant ourselves from this kind of support.  

jim Leavitt never let outside people affect this program.   We need to bring in an ex USF coach to lead this team if slick Willie leaves who understands defense. 

Agreed. Keep the spread Offense but, get a Defensive Mind to compliment the current Offense.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

Do you really think USF is a destination? As long as we're resident in G5dom, it is indeed a stepping stone. Gotta remember, coach speak is one thing, but we - oh yes, we, those of us who answer to The Man for our livelihood - all look at promotions and stagnation and weigh the effects of our decisions. So what if CWT leaves for Oregon? The only reason anyone would hire a coach is so they can fire him...and coaches know this as well. He'd be replaced. He did a great job of turning the program around, but does anyone really think he was going to be here for decades? Gotta strike while the iron is hot. And don't forget...we were a BCS school when he signed on. We've taken a step backwards, so that surely has to weigh into the decision. Honestly...I don't think he'll leave just yet. Oregon might be shopping around for some other proven commodities with somewhat more impressive resumes (experience). :FIREdevil:

Edited by WoolyBully
comment