Oregon reaches out to Willie Taggart

dclenden

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  19

10 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

It actually gets weirder if you click the link to CFB matrix. All I can say I can say is I hope Oregon's athletic grass thinks this way too.

Dave) – Darrell Hazell went 11-1 in a season after a 5-7 season, then Purdue hired him.  Just a single cautionary tale of a one hit season.  I know he’s done it twice, once at Western Kentucky and now with South Florida.  For Rob Mullens, hitting a 9+ win season in year four, with the 5th best talent profile in the conference, is not going to cut it.  I am amazed he made it to year four as the previous three year were all negative coach effect with an average of -3 games per year.  that is Muschamp territory. Even if I could insure very good coaching, the recruiting element is the concern in this hire.  The average USF class the last year is ranked 21.5% lower than the previous four years, including their two lowest ranked classes of the last 13 seasons.

co-wmu-usf-7-yr-recruiting-trends

(Adam) – Taggart is a hot name right now, but I wouldn’t have him on the list due to exactly what Dave illustrated above.  The recruiting at USF got a slight bump after Taggart was hired, but has since dropped sharply.  His recruiting impact is -4.9 while at USF and he only has two above average seasons all while having a +19.36 roster talent difference.  His scheme is also an awkward fit with Oregon’s roster.  Taggart would be a bad hire for Oregon.

They are correct, the gulf coast offense  does not fit or belong in Oregon

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, HR Bull said:

I get both perspectives on his record and recruiting. I don't always think head coaches control all the recruits a team brings in, but I digress.

Throw some names in the ring. Who do you favor to take the reins?

Ok, not a big name but we don't need one. give me Larry Scott any day of the week. Excellent recruiter, Coached Miami really well for a few games.  And most importantly USF legacy. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

8 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Why?

Use your imagination.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,869
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ok, not a big name but we don't need one. give me Larry Scott any day of the week. Excellent recruiter, Coached Miami really well for a few games.  And most importantly USF legacy. 

100% agree. That would be awesome!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, ArmyBull said:

Use your imagination.  

As a grownup, my imagination ends where reality begins.  Hopefully with that said, you can grasp how ridiculous your statement was.

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

As a grownup, my imagination ends where reality begins.  Hopefully with that said, you can grasp how ridiculous your statement was.

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,826
  • Days Won:  0

Larry Scott can probably recruit well I just don't anyone to change the offense. We are a spread offense no matter who our coach is. I think Harlan gets this. We have Florida speed and this is the formula.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, ArmyBull said:

:facepalm:

I agree.  Do you think Urban Meyer pays Tim Tebow a fee?  Cardale Jones?   What about Jimbo Fisher to Jameis Winston?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Larry Scott can probably recruit well I just don't anyone to change the offense. We are a spread offense no matter who our coach is. I think Harlan gets this. We have Florida speed and this is the formula.

Larry Scott knows the spread is the way to go...he will know this as a former USF player and coach. 

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I agree.  Do you think Urban Meyer pays Tim Tebow a fee?  Cardale Jones?   What about Jimbo Fisher to Jameis Winston?

If you really can't see the difference in your own "ridiculous" example, then I don't know what to tell you.  Maybe someone else will take the time to explain it to you.

• Downvote 1