How do you increase attendance?

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  966
  • Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

5 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

OK...since it didn't have anything to do with wins/opponents...was it because USF was within driving distance? You had plenty of opportunity prior to '97 to hitch your wagon to U of CF (being within walking distance of Lakeland). What made you NOT sign on with those folks?

I think the absence of pre-football alumni speaks volumes. And remember, since day one we were on an upward trajectory...whether moving from IAA independent to  IA, then getting into a conference, and finally making it to the Big East. The subsequent downward spiral cost a lot of "casual fans", but that small core of die-hards stuck around - even after winding up in the G5(AAC). But maybe this is not shocking. Maybe it's to be expected. Remember that first game...a full stadium....and then, the second game...lots of available seating. 

I honest-to-god have no idea how we're gonna get more people to shell out for season tickets. 

I think most of our season ticket base are pre football alumni like myself.  Not as much as I'd like to see though.  We definitely need more.  I think for us a consistent 35,000 - 40,000 is where we should be game in and game out.  Not even all P5 schools get over that number.  Wazzou has been playing football for a hundred years and that stadium only seats 34,000

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

48 minutes ago, E.T. said:

We have about 12,000 like me !

AD, Prez, Coach, Marketing Dept. & Iron BULLS should be sitting down together asking ALL these questions and finding the answer.

Go BULLS !!!

That's pretty cool ET, I always assumed you were a grad. Good for you in supporting the program the way you do. 

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,298
  • Days Won:  0

1 September 17, 2005 Tampa, FL South Florida 31–14 45,139
2 September 16, 2006 Orlando, FL South Florida 24–17 46,708
3 October 6, 2007 Tampa, FL South Florida 64–12 65,948
4 September 6, 2008 Orlando, FL South Florida 31–24OT 46,805
5 November 29, 2013 Orlando, FL UCF 23–20 45,952
6 November 28, 2014 Tampa, FL UCF 16–0 36,963
7 November 26, 2015 Orlando, FL South Florida 44–3 25,967
8 November 26, 2016 Tampa, FL South Florida 48–31 36,056

About 900 attendees less than 2014 where we had only 2 wins...

The ticket price sucks!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

9 minutes ago, JoeB said:

I think for us a consistent 35,000 - 40,000 is where we should be game in and game out.  Not even all P5 schools get over that number.  Wazzou has been playing football for a hundred years and that stadium only seats 34,000

Indeed. that would be ideal. Now all we gotta do is come up with a way to do it. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,144
  • Days Won:  109

This hasn't been addressed here that I can recall.  The length of games is really turning me off.  60 minutes of football is turning into a 4 hour game. Tack on 3 or 4 hours of tailgating and you have a long day. Maybe I'm just getting old, but sitting through all the time outs is making me crazy.  Think it was at the SMU game and we went through 5 or so minutes on the clock and about 3 or 4 commercial breaks which is probably 6 - 9 minutes.  

One would think with all the commercials they run that they could afford to pay the teams in our league more than $2 million/year (or whatever the lousy deal is).

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, JoeB said:

I think most of our season ticket base are pre football alumni like myself.  Not as much as I'd like to see though.  We definitely need more.  I think for us a consistent 35,000 - 40,000 is where we should be game in and game out.  Not even all P5 schools get over that number.  Wazzou has been playing football for a hundred years and that stadium only seats 34,000

Yeah, I am one of those too. No football when I graduated and the team was just starting as I moved away (my timing has always been bad). Although I did grad work at other institutions that had football and was raised as a Georgia Bulldog, none of that mattered when USF finally got a team. I bought two season tickets for the first three years. I just started back and bought one season ticket this year that I donated. I try and get to one home game a year (though this year it will be the bowl game) and attend a few away games.  I know everyone is different and some don't even care for football, but it is still surprising that the amount of alumni support is lacking at USF. I can see the day CWT leaves and he is saying "I tried everything and I could not get people to come." 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

I have to ask...as there have been a number of posts touching on ticket prices.

What do you think club-level season tickets should sell for?

What do you think individual tickets should sell for?

Is our pricing in line with other FBS schools? We need a revenue stream to operate the program at this level. I can't imagine dropping down to FCS because 'that's what people can afford'. There's a part of me that says that live sports pricing is not set for the...how to phrase this ... 'working class disposable income households (that's not offensive is it?)

I know that when the annual Talbot's Marketing Alumni Baseball night rolls around, we get the cheapest tix we can.~$10 or so. And we (me) only hit that one game per year. So I'm sure the Rays management would not consider me to be a 'fan who supports the Rays'. I s'pose that makes me a casual baseball fan. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,649
  • Days Won:  51

30 minutes ago, JoeB said:

Hillbillys that "rhyme" at ECU can "pack" :lmao:em in...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,796
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

OK...since it didn't have anything to do with wins/opponents...was it because USF was within driving distance? You had plenty of opportunity prior to '97 to hitch your wagon to U of CF (being within walking distance of Lakeland). What made you NOT sign on with those folks?

It was solely due to being a new team, being on the ground floor to help build a football team.

I left the BUCS to be a JAG FAN ... I left UF to be a BULL. Moved to Florida from Connecticut after Jr. High and became a Gator fan. 

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,298
  • Days Won:  0

We need to add the question "Are you interested in USF football games?" in the enrollment application.