How do you increase attendance?

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

10 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Like most investments, the return can take decades to produce.  An OCS is not a day trading endevour.

Although, I have heard that championships are like going to McDonald's, where you can drive up and have one to go in 5 minutes.  

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,558
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

I call BS on this.  They don't know, because they don't want to know.  It's on GoUSFBulls.com, It's in the Oracle, and on the Oracle website.

No it's true... Many people don't know. All season long, I had to remind actual alumni and casual fans that USF is actually doing well...

They don't know. They really don't.

(Even the CFP doesn't know, either)

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

7 minutes ago, Carolina_Bull said:

Attendance for AAC football will underwhelm no matter where it is played.

This does not require speculation.

When the team was good and we played in the BE, attendance at Rayjay was more gab respectable.  

Now that the the team is good but we are playing a Generican schedule, attendance is embarrassing.

stop blaming fans.  Stop talking stadiums and amenities.  IT'S THE PRODUCT. . . . People, in large part, don't want to watch meaningless football games.

Says ECU, Houston, and UCF, who have higher attendance than us since the BE folded.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

4 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Like most investments, the return can take decades to produce.  An OCS is not a day trading endevour.

You've got to think that all the athletic administrations since we started football have looked at the ocs possibility but, up to this point, haven't been able to pull the trigger on the investment potential. Reality appears to be that we have some awesome upper level donors but not enough that see the positives some say that an ocs could bring.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

"What new stadiums have done for other programs

Recent history also suggests new stadiums do little to increase interest in football. Since 2000, 11 stadiums either on-campus or near-campus with the main purpose being to host Division I FBS college football games have been built. Attendance at these stadiums has been lower compared to college football as a whole.

The average percentage of capacity filled at the 11 newest stadiums in 2014 was about 73 percent. For all of college football it was 83 percent. Of the 11, two teams, Baylor and Stanford, had an average attendance that met 95 percent of capacity. Six teams were below 70 percent of capacity, and Akron and Florida Atlantic, with stadiums completed in 2009 and 2011, averaged about 31 percent capacity and 47 percent capacity last year, respectively."

http://billypenn.com/2015/08/27/why-temples-quest-for-a-stadium-on-campus-could-doom-its-football-ambition/

Of course at USF it would be different /sarcasm

This is an opinion piece for Temple...

Also, their (season) attendance is currently terrible

35 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Also, the DEBT argument is old and tired. Yes, we will go into debt and make payments for our stadium.  However, it is the same as making endless payments to RJS.  Actually, it is worse, it is not like we can ever stop paying for a stadium.  Thus, I would love to know how much we pay for RJS and what that would translate into  our own stadium debt.  Imagine if we stay at RJS another 20 years, how much is this really costing us?  We do have stadium debt, we just pay it to RJS. 

It's like renting versus buying...

However, unlike the BUCS, USF is never (ever) able to leave Tampa

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,256
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, ArmyBull said:

Says ECU, Houston, and UCF, who have higher attendance than us since the BE folded.  

Was the BE so great?  We still play UCONN and Cinci.

We lost Rutgers, Syracuse, Pitt, WVU and UL.  

I think you can swap Rutgers for Temple, Syracuse for ECU (ECU probably has better fan support for football), Pitt for Navy/Memphis and UH for Louisville.  WVU was a loss but it was only one game and UCF helps somewhat.

Before you all jump on me about UH v UL keep in mind, Louisville stunk during the Kragthope years.  UH does a pretty good UL impression these days in my opinion.

I would agree that it is a step down but is it really that big of a step? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

1 minute ago, MMW said:

Was the BE so great?  We still play UCONN and Cinci.

We lost Rutgers, Syracuse, Pitt, WVU and UL.  

I think you can swap Rutgers for Temple, Syracuse for ECU (ECU probably has better fan support for football), Pitt for Navy/Memphis and UH for Louisville.  WVU was a loss but it was only one game and UCF helps somewhat.

Before you all jump on me about UH v UL keep in mind, Louisville stunk during the Kragthope years.  UH does a pretty good UL impression these days in my opinion.

I would agree that it is a step down but is it really that big of a step?

The only real big step down was the auto New Years Day bowl bid for the champion.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Better home games, and winning. Pretty simple really. We aren't going to get the home games with our conference so we need to schedule P5 teams. OCS would help, but won't draw an extra 10k, maybe 5k or so.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,119
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

No, you said they don't know because the University failed to inform them.  I'm saying they don't know, because they choose not to know.

I agree with this big time.

I was the one who posted about USF students having no idea that there was a game going on.  My example was commuter students who lived in Pinellas county.  I also said that they seemed to know about all the other college matchups going on.  

If these students wanted to know about USF football, they'd know.  The information is out there.  The communications are there.  

So, I think you found the root cause of the attendance problem.  The question is not about how to get the word out about the upcoming games.  The question is how do we make more people care?  How do we make more people WANT to know about USF football?  Winning is obviously the #1 thing, but in our case it is not enough.  We need to somehow get USF games to be the "place to be."  And somehow get it to be socially unacceptable to be a student or alumni who doesn't know USF's W/L record or who we have next week.

• Upvote 1