How do you increase attendance?

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, BDYZR said:

I don't know. But, as someone posted earlier in this thread, there are a lot of students that don't know who or when we're playing. That's ON CAMPUS! I just think that every department should and could do a much better job of marketing the product.

If they don't know then obviously they don't care. that's not your target market. I guess they could put up a billboard near campus with the schedule on it. not sure that would attract anymore of that type of student.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, BDYZR said:

I don't know. But, as someone posted earlier in this thread, there are a lot of students that don't know who or when we're playing. That's ON CAMPUS! I just think that every department should and could do a much better job of marketing the product.

I call BS on this.  They don't know, because they don't want to know.  It's on GoUSFBulls.com, It's in the Oracle, and on the Oracle website.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,672
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

If they don't know then obviously they don't care. that's not your target market. I guess they could put up a billboard near campus with the schedule on it. not sure that would attract anymore of that type of student.

We certainly won't know by doing nothing, or the same thing that's being done now.

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

We certainly won't know by doing nothing, or the same thing that's being done now.

What do you want them to do?  Knock on each dorm and have runners going from classroom to classroom yelling, "There's a game this Saturday!!  We're playing UCF!!" or something like that?  Maybe a town crier in the Marshall Center?  The ones that care, know.

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,672
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I call BS on this.  They don't know, because they don't want to know.  It's on GoUSFBulls.com, It's in the Oracle, and on the Oracle website.

Funny, I said they don't know and you call BS and turn right around and say they don't know because they don't want to... NO KIDDING! 

That's the marketing part of this conversation I'm talking about. The original question was how to increase attendance. Making darn sure everyone knows is, I think, a good place to start. Banners, signs, or whatever, in every dorm and hallway on campus might be a good start. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

10 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

6 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Also have to assume it's being pushed on the various tools of the Devil, Twitter, Facebook, blah blah blah ... if not, that could be a problem.

5 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Funny, I said they don't know and you call BS and turn right around and say they don't know because they don't want to... NO KIDDING! 

That's the marketing part of this conversation I'm talking about. The original question was how to increase attendance. Making darn sure everyone knows is, I think, a good place to start. Banners, signs, or whatever, in every dorm and hallway on campus might be a good start. 

No, you said they don't know because the University failed to inform them.  I'm saying they don't know, because they choose not to know.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

10 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

There have been several studies to show that an OCS does not increase attendance.  I've linked them in several of these types of threads.

Gotcha, yes, I have seen the ones you have posted.  It is my opinion that USF is unique and there are other available articles, studies, and the like that show a causal relationship between attendance and an OCS.  Further, the OCS talk goes way beyond empirical attendance data.  At the end of the day, not having one is a negative for USF.  Always will be, for many of the qualitative reasons I mentioned.  Attendance is really only part of the equation. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I remember a while back, when driving on campus, they would have these approx 4'x4' signs signifying a Game Day but I think those were for the non football sports and don't know if they still do. Thought we had some current students on here that could maybe shed more light on what's actually being done rather than what appears to be conjecture ...

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Students would know about games if there was a giant stadium visible form almost all parts of campus.  Talk about marketing!!!!