Charlie Strong as new DC?

horny_gimli

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,801
  • Days Won:  28

33 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Charlie Strong is way overrated as a HC.  He rode the Bridgwater train to a huge contact at Texas.  Should have given  Teddy a cut.  He'd be fine as a DC and recruiter, however, he's not coming here.

Bridgewater did not play defense and Strong left the cupboard pretty good for Petrino. He also was a DC for some championship teams. All of the head coaches he got passed up for at UF he had more success than. Hell he would of still had a good squad had he stayed at Louisville. I don't see how you can undermine him because he had a great college quarterback.  That's like saying Spurrier rode the Danny Weurfel train or Urban Meyer rode the Tebow train lol Your views on him seems personal. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Im a florida boy so i would love to see all my Florida college football teams balling. 

I'm a Florida boy and I love to see just one Florida college football team balling ...

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I think it is sad that they fired him.  He looks to have things set up well for next year there, and whoever steps into that job will be a lucky coach.  

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  177
  • Content Count:  8,726

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Bridgewater did not play defense and he left the cupboard pretty good for Petrino. Hell he would of still had a good squad had he stayed. I don't see how you can undermine him because he had a good colege quarterback.  That's like saying Spurrier rode the Danny Weurfel train lol 

Like I said I think he's been a good DC and a fantastic recruiter and if he came here as a DC I'd be ecastic.  At the vile, Bridgwater was the heart and soul of that team and yes Strong recruited him so he gets credit for that.  However, he fell flat on his face at Texas as a HC and some say he's not the easiest to get along with.

As far as the Old Ball Coach, he won Championships with Shane Mathews, Terry Dean, he beat #1 FSU with Doug Johnson and Noah Brindise in one of the greatest games I've ever seen.  Spurrier had a lot more success than just the Wuerffel years.  As you can tell, I still have a soft spot for the Old Ball Coach and the Gators.

Anyway, Go Bulls and beat the Tinmen!!

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, hightechbull said:

Not gonna happen.  Put down the crack pipe and come back to reality.

geoff_stone_audition.jpg_size_xxlarge_le

I really wanted that guy to move to Florida and run for governor!

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Like I said I think he's been a good DC and a fantastic recruiter and if he came here as a DC I'd be ecastic.  At the vile, Bridgwater was the heart and soul of that team and yes Strong recruited him so he gets credit for that.  However, he fell flat on his face at Texas as a HC and some say he's not the easiest to get along with.

As far as the Old Ball Coach, he won Championships with Shane Mathews, Terry Dean, he beat #1 FSU with Doug Johnson and Noah Brindise in one of the greatest games I've ever seen.  Spurrier had a lot more success than just the Wuerffel years.  As you can tell, I still have a soft spot for the Old Ball Coach and the Gators.

Anyway, Go Bulls and beat the Tinmen!!

Whoa buddy, he won 1 championship with Weurfel and a few other SEC titles during an era that didnt have as much parity as we do now. I love Spurrier just as well, but can't comprehend how you can write off Strong as a head coach simply b/c he had one great player. He's was a DC for a national title team in which the defense carried half of the load, success at  Louville and yes he did not do great at Texas, but it was only his 2nd stop as a coach and to me the situation was toxic from the start.

Guest PCBull14
52 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Charlie Strong is way overrated as a HC.  He rode the Bridgwater train to a huge contact at Texas.  Should have given  Teddy a cut.  He'd be fine as a DC and recruiter, however, he's not coming here.

This all the way to the bank.

Guest PCBull14
20 minutes ago, namuh-bull said:

I think it is sad that they fired him.  He looks to have things set up well for next year there, and whoever steps into that job will be a lucky coach.  

Go Bulls!

They just lost to Kansas who had not beat an FBS team since November 8, 2014... Nothing is set up there.

• Topic Count:  177
  • Content Count:  8,726

40 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Whoa buddy, he won 1 championship with Weurfel and a few other SEC titles during an era that didnt have as much parity as we do now. I love Spurrier just as well, but can't comprehend how you can write off Strong as a head coach simply b/c he had one great player. He's was a DC for a national title team in which the defense carried half of the load, success at  Louville and yes he did not do great at Texas, but it was only his 2nd stop as a coach and to me the situation was toxic from the start.

Well, we can agree to disagree.  Time will tell.  Let's see where Strong ends up after UT and how he does.

Happy Thanksgiving and Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

Im starting to feel like it wouldnt be the worst move for Strong. A 2-3 year tour in tampa wouldnt hurt. Plus 2019 we have the strength of schedule 2 crash the playoffs.