The Unofficial Big 12 Announcement thread

Brad

Monday the Big 12 plans an announcement regarding expansion  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  53

They are dodging the questions on the ESPN and Fox paying them off.  Yay

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I know it won't happen, but it would be great if the ACC took USF and UCF, effectively keeping the Big12 our of Florida forever.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,463
  • Days Won:  6

Just now, Rocky Style said:

SEC has a massive interest in K-State

All they would need is call. I am sure that K State would answer the phone, especially with the ever widening Conference revenue gap

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  6,307
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, RaisingFenix said:

Shockingly, they don't want to discuss what the networks are paying them to not expand.

Of course not. The corruption in college sports is starting to make politicians look like saints. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

They are dodging the questions on the ESPN and Fox paying them off.  Yay

That means that they did then

I really love that the question MC's microphone is several notches louder than the actual press conference.  His mic goes to 11.

• Upvote 1

Aw snap Big-12 has an RFP to generate more revenue AND a new championship game! 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

http://news.usf.edu/article/templates/?a=7541&z=224

USF Statement on Big 12 Decision

TAMPA, Fla. (Oct. 17, 2016) - Earlier today, the Big 12 Conference Board of Directors decided not to expand conference membership at this time. The University of South Florida will remain a member of the American Athletic Conference.

“On behalf of the entire USF System and Tampa Bay community, I would like to extend our thanks to Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby and the leadership of the Big 12 Conference for their thoughtful interest in our university and the Tampa Bay region. We also deeply appreciate all the support of our students, faculty, staff, alumni, fans, supporters and local leaders.” said USF System President Judy Genshaft. “This process has been extremely positive, giving us the opportunity to showcase our excellence on a national scale: We are a top 25 public research university; our nearly 50,000 students have never been more accomplished. Our athletic program is on a strong trajectory, not only have we led our conference in Learfield Cup standings, but also posting a student-athlete graduation success rate of 86 percent. We have a great story to tell, and this is only the beginning.”

"We are on a path toward greatness at USF, reminding everyone in the Bulls Family why we are proud of who we are, how far we have come and what lies ahead. Our student-athletes, coaches, staff, donors, alumni, fans and community members have propelled our program to profound success in recent years in the American Athletic Conference and I am confident that they will continue to do so in the future. The USF family came together with many in the Tampa community to tell our remarkable story to the world, and we will continue to share it." said USF Director of Athletics Mark Harlan.

About USF

The University of South Florida is a high-impact, global research university dedicated to student success. USF is a Top 25 research university among public institutions nationwide in total research expenditures, according to the National Science Foundation.Serving over 48,000 students, the USF System has an annual budget of $1.6 billion and an annual economic impact of $4.4 billion. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.

About USF Athletics

USF Athletics sponsors 19 varsity men’s and women’s teams that compete in 11 different sports, 18 competing at the NCAA Division I level in the American Athletic Conference. The Bulls’ athletic program is celebrated its 50thanniversary in 2015 having started with a men’s soccer contest in 1965. Nearly 500 student-athletes train and compete in the athletic district located on the east end of Tampa campus. The Bulls claimed eight conference titles in their first three seasons in The American. Nine USF programs reached NCAA post-season competition in the 2015-16 season as USF posted an 83 percent Graduation Success Rate among student-athletes, with 214 earning conference all-academic recognition.

– #GoBulls –

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,463
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

Aw snap Big-12 has an RFP to generate more revenue AND a new championship game! 

They are on the cutting edge of Conference Leadership

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  6,307
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, 2000bull said:

http://news.usf.edu/article/templates/?a=7541&z=224

USF Statement on Big 12 Decision

TAMPA, Fla. (Oct. 17, 2016) - Earlier today, the Big 12 Conference Board of Directors decided not to expand conference membership at this time. The University of South Florida will remain a member of the American Athletic Conference.

“On behalf of the entire USF System and Tampa Bay community, I would like to extend our thanks to Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby and the leadership of the Big 12 Conference for their thoughtful interest in our university and the Tampa Bay region. We also deeply appreciate all the support of our students, faculty, staff, alumni, fans, supporters and local leaders.” said USF System President Judy Genshaft. “This process has been extremely positive, giving us the opportunity to showcase our excellence on a national scale: We are a top 25 public research university; our nearly 50,000 students have never been more accomplished. Our athletic program is on a strong trajectory, not only have we led our conference in Learfield Cup standings, but also posting a student-athlete graduation success rate of 86 percent. We have a great story to tell, and this is only the beginning.”

"We are on a path toward greatness at USF, reminding everyone in the Bulls Family why we are proud of who we are, how far we have come and what lies ahead. Our student-athletes, coaches, staff, donors, alumni, fans and community members have propelled our program to profound success in recent years in the American Athletic Conference and I am confident that they will continue to do so in the future. The USF family came together with many in the Tampa community to tell our remarkable story to the world, and we will continue to share it." said USF Director of Athletics Mark Harlan.

About USF

The University of South Florida is a high-impact, global research university dedicated to student success. USF is a Top 25 research university among public institutions nationwide in total research expenditures, according to the National Science Foundation.Serving over 48,000 students, the USF System has an annual budget of $1.6 billion and an annual economic impact of $4.4 billion. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.

About USF Athletics

USF Athletics sponsors 19 varsity men’s and women’s teams that compete in 11 different sports, 18 competing at the NCAA Division I level in the American Athletic Conference. The Bulls’ athletic program is celebrated its 50thanniversary in 2015 having started with a men’s soccer contest in 1965. Nearly 500 student-athletes train and compete in the athletic district located on the east end of Tampa campus. The Bulls claimed eight conference titles in their first three seasons in The American. Nine USF programs reached NCAA post-season competition in the 2015-16 season as USF posted an 83 percent Graduation Success Rate among student-athletes, with 214 earning conference all-academic recognition.

– #GoBulls –

Too bad we couldnt say what we wanted to say "FU" to the B12 for wasting everyone's time 

Edited by Rex Havoc