Bowl ticket email

Brad

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,674
  • Days Won:  13

I would not disagree though with putting the dollars spent on season tickets towards the amount donated. Although I disagree that because someone has given 20,000 over 20 years should stay in front of someone that has donated more over the period of 5 years. Does not make sense to me.

or 1 year. The only thing that matters is dollars. Harlan is right on this.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

We've been doing it this way almost from day one.  I'm pretty sure at least since we moved to Ray Jay.

Pecking Order:

1. Big Donor
  2. Medium Donor
  3. Small Donor
  4. Non-Donor

The Small Donors (most of us) were all good with getting to select our seats in front of the non-donors even though we just became a small donor and other non-donors were supporting the team since day one.  Well, you just have to deal with the fact that it works the same way above you.

Like others have said, wait until we someday get an OCS.  Some folks will not be happy, because you can believe that if we're building one because we're doing well and interest in the program is high, there will be plenty of new donors wanting to stake their claim in a new stadium.

The way we do this changed with everything else recently. Before, your place in line was based on Priority Points only, didn't matter what donor level you were at. Those who had been giving, attending games for a long time at, say the $1000 level, were probably ahead of some newer higher level donors. Now, anyone at level higher than $1000 are ahead of them, no matter how many Priority Points. Those are now used to rank you within your donor level.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,137
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I would not disagree though with putting the dollars spent on season tickets towards the amount donated. Although I disagree that because someone has given 20,000 over 20 years should stay in front of someone that has donated more over the period of 5 years. Does not make sense to me.

Ok that is fine but that isn't what is happening. It is current year giving. So if you gave $1000a year for 10 straight years you are behind someone giving $2000 for the FIRST time. 

28 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

Ok that is fine but that isn't what is happening. It is current year giving. So if you gave $1000a year for 10 straight years you are behind someone giving $2000 for the FIRST time. 

That should not happen.

20 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

That should not happen.

6 hours ago, Joe said:

It's the system most schools use. I know it sucks, but it's standard. Money talks. Especially if you're giving 10k a year

Probably the way we should have been doing it all along ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,672
  • Days Won:  25

On 10/16/2016 at 11:54 AM, BDYZR said:

Just wait til we build an OCS...

My personal opinion, make the donations cumulative. Some of us are well over $20,000 and have quite a few priority points. It's taken years of loyalty to get there. If that large donor wants to buy his way in front of me, my donations + my ticket purchases, I think I would be good with that. I think for me that would put his "donation" somewhere around $50,000 just to be slotted in front of me.

On 10/16/2016 at 0:14 PM, flsportsfan83 said:

I think if he were to give $20,001 he should jump ahead of you.

18 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Dollars make the program successful, if he passes you in dollars donated he deserves to be ahead of you in line.

4 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

4 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

or 1 year. The only thing that matters is dollars. Harlan is right on this.

44 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

13 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

That should not happen.

Cumulative... donations + tickets (including bowl games) over time should carry more weight than a one time donation, unless that donation is larger than the cumulative total. 

Like someone else said, my $50,000 over 20years is trumped by anothers $2000 this year.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,671
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

The way we do this changed with everything else recently. Before, your place in line was based on Priority Points only, didn't matter what donor level you were at. Those who had been giving, attending games for a long time at, say the $1000 level, were probably ahead of some newer higher level donors. Now, anyone at level higher than $1000 are ahead of them, no matter how many Priority Points. Those are now used to rank you within your donor level.

Yes the process changed a bit, but my point is that the frustration people are expressing has always been around. Even when it was based on Priority Points only, the heaviest weight in that formula was cash donations.  You're right when you say "probably," but really back then you could have had people who paid $100 per year for 8 years falling behind a first-year donor giving $1,000.

In fact, either when we moved to Ray Jay or we moved into the Big East and a lot of us were grandfathered, a point was made to us that while we can continue to enjoy a $1,000 section for only $100, the other newer donors in our section would be earning way more priority points and hence, better seating at away games.

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Like someone else said, my $50,000 over 20years is trumped by anothers $2000 this year

That's not apples to apples. What's the "another" spending on tickets this year? It will still be pretty heavy in your favor but at least more accurate ... ;)

21 minutes ago, Boomer said:

we moved into the Big East and a lot of us were grandfathered, a point was made to us that while we can continue to enjoy a $1,000 section for only $100

This is one of the places I think previous athletics screwed up. When we went big time, supposedly, should have made all donors go with us .... and we're still paying for it.