Bowl ticket email

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,292
  • Days Won:  490

Brad,

USF (6-1, 3-0) defeated the Connecticut Huskies 42-27 at Ray Jay on Saturday night and the Bulls are now bowl eligible for the second consecutive season!

Tickets are now available to be requested for the potential bowl games that USF may play. Ticket requests will only be fulfilled for the postseason game in which USF is selected. All other ticket requests will automatically be cancelled.

Seats will be assigned by 2016-17 Bulls Club Donor Level and then by priority point rank. There is no restriction on the number of bowl game tickets you can request in 2016 and in an effort to accommodate all bowl game purchasers, requests of 15 or more tickets will be assigned separately. For example, a fan who orders 20 tickets will have:

// 14 tickets assigned based on their 2016-17 Bulls Club Donor Level and then by priority point rank;

// 6 additional tickets assigned after all other orders have been fulfilled.

Please note that in the event a game is oversold, USF Athletics may limit the quantity of tickets per account.

The priority request deadline and general game day information will be provided as soon as the final bowl game announcement is made. Continue to check  www.gousfbulls.com for the most up-to-date bowl game news.

Lastly, the American Athletic Conference Football Championship will be played on Saturday, December 3rd and will be hosted by the divisional champion with the best record in conference games. The Bulls currently lead the AAC East Division and further information (if necessary) will be communicated in the coming weeks.

"Seats will be assigned by 2016-17 Bulls Club Donor Level and then by priority point rank."

This season trumps all.  Line cutters.  What do you all think about that?

If you have been a long time "investor" in USF Athletics it doesn't matter?  Has it been this way?  Maybe I've not paid attention since the changes a couple years ago.

We've gone LA.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,137
  • Days Won:  1

It changed a year or so ago and I don't like it and I expressed that to the Bulls Club. And it's that way for everything. They say it is an effort to give incentive to new high donors. However it makes their whole priority point thing worthless and totally devalues those who have been with them and supported them long term. 

For example say you donated $1000 a year since day 1 of football. That's $20,000. So then this year someone donates $2000 for the first time ever. That's right they have priority over you and get better seats for the Bowl game. I get USF has to do what they have to do but it just doesn't sit right (in my mind). 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

It changed a year or so ago and I don't like it and I expressed that to the Bulls Club. And it's that way for everything. They say it is an effort to give incentive to new high donors. However it makes their whole priority point thing worthless and totally devalues those who have been with them and supported them long term. 

For example say you donated $1000 a year since day 1 of football. That's $20,000. So then this year someone donates $2000 for the first time ever. That's right they have priority over you and get better seats for the Bowl game. I get USF has to do what they have to do but it just doesn't sit right (in my mind). 

I agree loyalty should be rewarded also. I've had tickets for 13 years now (since I graduated), and it sucks we can be topped by someone who just jumped onboard. I also don't think they do a very good job of rewarding people who show up to every game and make sure all their tickets are used.  Someone can pay $1,000 more than me, attend 1 or 2 games, and get better tickets. High donors are great, but some of the biggest and best supoorters of USF don't have deep pockets. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, Brad said:

"Seats will be assigned by 2016-17 Bulls Club Donor Level and then by priority point rank."

This season trumps all.  Line cutters.  What do you all think about that?

If you have been a long time "investor" in USF Athletics it doesn't matter?  Has it been this way?  Maybe I've not paid attention since the changes a couple years ago.

We've gone LA.

Pretty sure it changed when everything else did. And being a long time investor DOES still matter, within your Donor Level, which could be significant. Not real crazy about it but we are in such a crappy state when it comes to donors, if it gets someone to up their level to be a line cutter, I'm okay with it. Think it's still a ways off that it will really really matter that much, anyway ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  966
  • Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Will this matter?  I don't think so.  We can't even get a good crowd for games within 10 miles of our fan base.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,689
  • Days Won:  52

I am pretty sure this changed when Harlan did the pricing revamp. It means someone could just come in and pay and skip people who have been donating a long time (but they would be at the back of their donor level).

I don't hate it because it entices people to spend more money now which I am assuming we need.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  19

I'm excited to put my name in

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,137
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Relax, plenty of seats will be available. 

I'm not worried about getting seats. Others disagree and that is fine but to me both should be rewarded (loyalty and current giving) but the fact that in my case 20 years as a season ticket holder and 16 years of giving is given less priority then someone who gives a level up from me for the first time doesn't seem right. 

It is done with more than just Bowl tickets it is everything now. When they reseated the SunDome it was by priority points. So loyalty was rewarded but if you gave a lot you had a lot of priority points so it recognized both. Now if anything major happens that is out the window. It's a business and they obviously believe this way will get them more money so good for USF - I just don't think it should be that way. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,292
  • Days Won:  490

Perhaps, but when the current admin's actions are essentially cutting out those fans built over the first 15 years, it won't help get butts in the seats.  

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Just as an FYI, FSU handles this issue in the exact same way. Not saying it's right, but it is what it is...