Adams has Mitchell in sight

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,808
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

You make a great point about the talent around Davis.  He definitely stood out because he had inferior talent around him and it does suck for him that he played on some BAD USF teams.  

As for Adams mostly doing bubble screens, end arounds, etc ... that really shouldn't be held against him because that's the offense we run.  CWT has said before this offense is tailored around QF's strengths, not Adams, Mack or anyone else.  That last TD we had against ECU showed Adams runs crisp routes and he has burning speed.  I think he has great hands too.  Davis may have had the route running ability and the hands but he didn't have anywhere near the speed of Adams.   I definitely think Rodney has a pretty decent future on Sunday football if he gets the chance.  

Not holding it against him. They have different play styles for sure. Adams is more akin to Randy Moss. A homerun hitter, but he wont be crossing the middle catching passes or fighting against 2-3 DB's. Davis is like a small Terrell Owens. Good hands. Fighting for the ball. 

As others have said, Adams has difficulty fighting for the ball. AD was very good at doing that.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

6 minutes ago, NinjaPenguin777 said:

Not holding it against him. They have different play styles for sure. Adams is more akin to Randy Moss. A homerun hitter, but he wont be crossing the middle catching passes or fighting against 2-3 DB's. 

You're right about them having different play styles, but you are definitely holding it against him when you use the types of routes he runs as a reason he's not as good as someone else.  How many balls does QF throw into traffic?  Not many, and that's why you don't see QF throw many picks.  That's also the reason you don't see Adams with many contested catches.  We really don't have a volume on how good Adams is at catching passes in traffic.  Davis also had a lot of drops during his time here.  Adams has had very few.

It's just a different offense and they don't ask Adams to be the same physical WR Davis was.  I like the Moss/Owens comparison, though Owens had more speed than Davis. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 10/11/2016 at 1:23 PM, HR Bull said:

Adams seems to have the right attitude and work ethic. He also seems mentally tougher than Dre was.

This, this, this, but what do I know? I'm just a schlep that loves watching some USF football and have been doing so since 1997. 

• Topic Count:  966
  • Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Adams is a transfer, but remember Mitchell left a year early.  Both are only 3 year players at USF.