The Official TBP In Game Thread: Bulls vs. Florida State Seminoles

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,904
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, mjadams said:

No more talk about someone being the best qb at USF. Stastics are just numbets. Was not his fault by no means today but grothe and Daniels could win the big ones with alot less at their disposal.  We have to be able to throw the ball consistently to take the next step. 

I agree, but... Grothe and Daniels VERY rarely had to score more than 35 to win a game, so, saying QF has more talent around him only tells part of the story. 

Auburn, FSU big wins were done on the defensive side of the ball, creating turnovers and swarming. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,057
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, mjadams said:

No more talk about someone being the best qb at USF. Stastics are just numbets. Was not his fault by no means today but grothe and Daniels could win the big ones with alot less at their disposal.  We have to be able to throw the ball consistently to take the next step. 

Grothe and Daniels had some **** good defenses to back them up when the offense stalled. We don't have that.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,744
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, TheUpperHand said:

Grothe and Daniels had some **** good defenses to back them up when the offense stalled. We don't have that.

Grothe threw a dime in OT to win at Auburn....

Just saying we need to whoa up on the "he will be the best when he leaves"

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  9,790
  • Days Won:  8

Why didn't we Adams all game? Was he hurt? 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

1 hour ago, Orlando Bull said:

Auburn, FSU big wins were done on the defensive side of the ball, creating turnovers and swarming. 

Yeah the defense in Daniels USF over FSU win was tough, hard nosed, completely different than today's defense.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

This sucks. I was so upset my wife told me to go do some yard work to cool down. So, I cut down a tree. She came out screaming at me, "What are you doing???" I said, "Letting off steam!!!"

First time ever she told me to get in the house and have a drink. :icon_drink:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

I didn't see much of the game. I will watch later, but just looking at the stats and from what I did see, seems our game plan and play calling is different than what it has been. 

Our bread and butter is the jet sweep and the little push pass jet sweep.  We tried one all game?

something was off all game, after the first 2 drives  on both sides of the ball.  Players and coaches.

Defense getting their butt kicked today may end up being the best thing to happen all year.

They may be playing the same 4-2-5 defensive base set as last year, but it is not being run anywhere nearly as aggressive as last year.  Did we blitz today? Where is the blitzing off the edge from the Husky position this year?  Wasn't Byrd our leading sack man last year out of that position?  

I am not upset about the loss unless the coaches learn nothing from it.  

My biggest concerns at the beginning of the year were Woodie's ability to adjust and (I may hear it from a lot of you) Taggart's ability to coach in a tight game or big game.  Neither have still proven they can yet.  

I still think talent wise it is us and Houston as the class of the league.  

The only thing this game showed me is where we measured up to a true top 10 team.  Just showed we have a long way to go on the national stage.

next step is Cincy and the conference.  

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,744
  • Days Won:  2

The announcemers made a comment when it was 14-14 that maybe USF needed to slow down and take the peddle off the melt to gibe their D a chance to rest. That's when our offense started to stall. Not sure if they tried that tactic or not but it sure looked like when we decided to go up tempo again we scored when we wanted to.....who knows 

Edited by mjadams

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  19

Was a disappointing game to watch,  I jope our defense took a plane to Ohio and that is why we did not see them today.

And it was hot as Hades in the stadium

• Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  5,278
  • Days Won:  1

We would of had a better chance against them had we played them before Louisville annilated them