USF opens as 11 1/2 point favorite

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

I think we'll play better this week (we better). That said, our running game even last year wasn't what it should be, blocking is subpar. Our QB needs to be a little more consistent - but that was his first game back after being injured last year (tore his Achilles) in early November. The defense also needs to step up. Of course, we could play better and lose by more to USF. Your QB will probably have time to eat a sandwich while waiting for someone to get open.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, niu007 said:

I think we'll play better this week (we better). That said, our running game even last year wasn't what it should be, blocking is subpar. Our QB needs to be a little more consistent - but that was his first game back after being injured last year (tore his Achilles) in early November. The defense also needs to step up. Of course, we could play better and lose by more to USF. Your QB will probably have time to eat a sandwich while waiting for someone to get open.

But do you think he has time for a buffalo chicken sub from publix?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:36 AM, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Agreed. I don't think that statement has EVER been made about Wyoming. It's also darn near impossible to recruit players up there. Wyoming's only claim to fame is **** Cheney and Yellow Stone. 

That said, I won't rule out NIU till I see them. It's a night game, which takes the worst of the heat out of the picture, plus Rod Carey has been at NIU a long time. He knows how to bounce back, and unless our team tackles properly we will have trouble against that offense. 

We usually lose the time of possession even when we're winning, I don't think I'd read that much into it. And while I haven't watched the entire game I watched most of it - and Wyoming didn't look superior to me.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

19 hours ago, niu007 said:

As for the Wyoming game, apparently someone took us seriously when we said we'd play anywhere, anytime.

Bravo. :applause:

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

On September 6, 2016 at 8:36 AM, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Agreed. I don't think that statement has EVER been made about Wyoming. It's also darn near impossible to recruit players up there. Wyoming's only claim to fame is **** Cheney and Yellow Stone. 

That said, I won't rule out NIU till I see them. It's a night game, which takes the worst of the heat out of the picture, plus Rod Carey has been at NIU a long time. He knows how to bounce back, and unless our team tackles properly we will have trouble against that offense. 

I wanted to say **** cheney again just because i can say **** cheney and feel its an appropiate edit cuz he was **** cheney and was a ****...that is all

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, niu007 said:

We usually lose the time of possession even when we're winning, I don't think I'd read that much into it. And while I haven't watched the entire game I watched most of it - and Wyoming didn't look superior to me.

We definitely lost ToP in our game with Towson, so we can't read much into that stat, and we only had 2 more first downs. No, we gave Towson credit, so we'll give NIU credit too. First games are deceptive. (and if any of you TBP trolls want to bring up 2013, please bite your tongue)

• Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

On September 7, 2016 at 8:27 PM, raptorcj said:

We definitely lost ToP in our game with Towson, so we can't read much into that stat, and we only had 2 more first downs. No, we gave Towson credit, so we'll give NIU credit too. First games are deceptive. (and if any of you TBP trolls want to bring up 2013, please bite your tongue)

For sure against an offense like Towson's (power run) it's not a killer. If Cuse dictates ToP with a HUNH spread it'll tire out the defense, especially with how quick the USF offense is. The cramps on the Ville defense were mildly concerning. I know it shouldn't matter since practice in the Florida heat, but the dome can be dry and hot (no AC at all.)  

• Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

31 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

For sure against an offense like Towson's (power run) it's not a killer. If Cuse dictates ToP with a HUNH spread it'll tire out the defense, especially with how quick the USF offense is. The cramps on the Ville defense were mildly concerning. I know it shouldn't matter since practice in the Florida heat, but the dome can be dry and hot (no AC at all.)  

We play so many guys in the secondary I don't think that will be an issue.  It was 82 degrees in that dome when people were cramped.  If it was the opening game... or late in the season... maybe... but the third game of the season and having practiced outdoors in heat and humidity, I think the guys will do fine there.  They won't have the drag of a wet field so running will be much less of an effort.  Cuse plays a game that plays to our strength.  Only one spread team has faired well against us and that was WKU in that bowl.  They're not going to run the ball consistently against us.  Coach Woodie is showing he earned his bones.  He's calling good games.  There is no way they stop our offense.  While I'm not looking by them, we are a terrible matchup for them.  Too many athletes, too much speed, too much size.  We also have better coaching right now. So no reason to think they'll beat us.