• Content Count:  98,241
  • Days Won:  490

We'll get QBs. :)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,861
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

After what we went through for 3 years, ******* A I'm good with 8 or 9 wins at this point! Talk to me after several years of 8 or 9 wins .... USF fans being USF fans. smh

2 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

You think we are going to keep getting all these WR commits with QBs that throw the ball the way QF does?  smh

What the hell does that have to do with the ludicrousity of not being satisfied with 8 or 9 wins?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, JimUSFSig said:

It's strange that people are complaining about the kickoffs that are designed to be short of the goal line -- on purpose.  He's kicking them high in the air so the coverage team can get there to stop the return before the 25 (This is something a lot of college teams are doing by the way)... At least twice the coverage guys got out of their lanes, and the KR exploited the holes... the rest of the time the coverage team did fairly well.

The punter, however... hard to believe we can't kick it longer than 42 yards.

7 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

If you watch the last three kickoffs they all reached  within the 5 yard line. I will have to watch if Taggart changed the kicker. The punter also got better towards the end. 

My complaint is to kick it to the end zone--say it's an odd request, okay. 

But whether through shorter kicks or through blown coverage, it was getting old watching them get back past the 30 pretty much every time--and 240 yards in KR? End zone kick helps solve all of that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,361
  • Days Won:  2

More worried about punting than kick coverage our avg was only 38 that's horrible. 

That is one true big issue we gotta fix for sure.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

lol...people... calm down, it was the season opener.  We ran a vanilla offense and defense against a team we easily beat.  Flowers missed on some passes but that to me was more to do with anxiousness.  The sideline passes that were "overthrows" looked more like he threw the ball away when the play wasn't there.  If he'd thrown low on a couple they would have been pick 6s.  He missed a few throws in the season opener, but he hit a few throws also.  

The only thing I left this game concerned about was the special teams needs to really tighten up.  

The offensive line is tough as nails inside.  Threatt, Hall, and Ruff are people movers.  They had a hell of a game inside.  

The Dline played well and controlled the point of contact easily most of the night.  Only gave up 2.9 per rush... that's good considering this team returned it's entire offensive line from last season.  They pushed ECU all around.  

The secondary... that long play was Lamar Robbins... welcome back.  He got caught looking in the backfield again.  It's crazy... he always does it.  

We subbed a lot on offense and defense.  I don't think we played particularly well but we won by a lot.  The offense didn't seem to find it's timing until the second half.  I think this team is leaps and bounds better than it was last season.  These guys are good.  I

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
31 minutes ago, Calibull said:

lol...people... calm down, it was the season opener.  We ran a vanilla offense and defense against a team we easily beat.  Flowers missed on some passes but that to me was more to do with anxiousness.  The sideline passes that were "overthrows" looked more like he threw the ball away when the play wasn't there.  If he'd thrown low on a couple they would have been pick 6s.  He missed a few throws in the season opener, but he hit a few throws also.  

The only thing I left this game concerned about was the special teams needs to really tighten up.  

The offensive line is tough as nails inside.  Threatt, Hall, and Ruff are people movers.  They had a hell of a game inside.  

The Dline played well and controlled the point of contact easily most of the night.  Only gave up 2.9 per rush... that's good considering this team returned it's entire offensive line from last season.  They pushed ECU all around.  

The secondary... that long play was Lamar Robbins... welcome back.  He got caught looking in the backfield again.  It's crazy... he always does it.  

We subbed a lot on offense and defense.  I don't think we played particularly well but we won by a lot.  The offense didn't seem to find it's timing until the second half.  I think this team is leaps and bounds better than it was last season.  These guys are good.  I

Finally some sense! Same sentiment I had. We played average and won by 36 against a team most said we needed our A game against. Now those same people are complaining lol. This fan base will make you bang you head into the wall.

We ran maybe 15 plays. I don't even think that many different plays saw a look. We will be just fine. If the starters played the whole game we score 70 easy. Same for the defense nothing exotic simple basic plays and give up an average of five points a quarter. Think I saw one exotic delayed blitz that lit the Towson QB up. I'll take it.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,420
  • Content Count:  98,241
  • Days Won:  490

16 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Now those same people are complaining lol. This fan base will make you bang you head into the wall.

Keep in mind message boards are best suited for differing opinions.  You should entertain perspectives different from your own. 

• Topic Count:  1,043
  • Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

Don't misconstrue every person's desire to see our team improve with complaining for the sake of complaining.  I'm sure the coaches have seen what we have seen and will watch tape for the nuances that will allow them to make the adjustments.  It's nice to have issues that can be resolved without wholesale coaching and personnel changes.

I think that everyone who has voiced issues to certain aspects of the game was pleased with the win and overall performance.

Edited by Ricky the Bull
  • Upvote 2

Guest PCBull14
1 minute ago, Brad said:

Keep in mind message boards are best suited for differing opinions.  You should entertain perspectives different from your own. 

I do and post mine if i don't agree.

Guest PCBull14
1 minute ago, Ricky the Bull said:

Don't misconstrue the desire to see our team improve with complaining for the sake of complaining.  I'm sure the coaches have seen what we have seen and will watch tape for the nuances that will allow them to make the adjustments.  It's nice to have issues that can be resolved without wholesale coaching and personnel changes.

I think that everyone who has voiced issues to certain aspects of the game were pleased with the win and overall performance.

Not everyone but that's fine. I agree with you though.