My take from the game.

E.T.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,639
  • Content Count:  75,711
  • Days Won:  436

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

Message board anonymity often powers hostile tones.  I'd like the tone to be civil.  If that's not your style, then work on it or move on.

I would assume, and hope, this is only referring to the Bull on Bull stuff.

Guest PCBull14
27 minutes ago, Triple B said:

More smileys get annoying. Keep posting the way you're comfortable with and let THEM figure it out. Some people have a hard time figuring things out times, me included, but that's our problem, not yours.

Haha. I think if I keep posting how my normal conversation dynamics go I'll be banned. Funny thing is I never ever have this problem with in person conversations, because I never ever directly attack anyone's personal character. I think the best course of action is to just scale back and selectively post my input on topics. How I read things and how others read things seem to be different. I'll still get my Bullspen fix gagging the pulse of the masses.

Last thing I want is for the board to be unemployable for people.

Edited by PCBull14

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,409
  • Content Count:  98,060
  • Days Won:  488

Willie saw some things too.  His take

CrmxrZWWIAEU9gD.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 things that came to mind ....

- Loved the fact that immediately after turnovers, we went for the jugular. Not sure that's been done a whole lot recently .... or maybe we just didn't hit them.

- If Adams keep carrying the ball in the wrong arm when returning to his left, he's going to lose at least one this year ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,532
  • Days Won:  24

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

2 things that came to mind ....

- Loved the fact that immediately after turnovers, we went for the jugular. Not sure that's been done a whole lot recently .... or maybe we just didn't hit them.

- If Adams keep carrying the ball in the wrong arm when returning to his left, he's going to lose at least one this year ...

How come you keep posting the bad stuff with Adams?   He is awesome.  Sure, he isn't perfect but we are here to celebrate the Bulls.  How dare you bring down this board with negativity!

:)

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

I went back and watched the game with an emphasis on QF, the RT spot and both DE positions. 

QF- The general consensus of grading QF  below avg based upon hopeful improvement from last year is understandable. While it didn't seem he was leaps and bounds better than last year, he wasn't nearly as bad as the stat line seems. The 3rd down pass that missed Kano badly on a seam/pop pass, looked to be on KD. It was a hot read, and Kano didn't bend the route like QF expected. Taggart talked to him right after the play and you could see him telling him to replace the LB by bending it back inside. 

RT- Norman looked much better than Atterbury and as someone noted on here, Eric Mayes looked very solid. Atterbury was often knocked off balance and was vulnerable to the pull/push move after engaging. Norman also showed more athelticism getting to the second level in the run game which is essential for this team to break off big runs. Atterbury looked closer to an OG than a LT of the future.

DE- First things first. They were absolutely in a contain type look, not trying to get too far upfield and leave running lanes open for their QB.  Livingstone looked solid, he was getting a push and showed an at least average ability to rush the passer. Very stout in the run game which will be important. Vincent Jackson looked "ok", he flashed some athleticism but didnt show any real ability to shed the blocker after engagement when asked to. On the play that Nigel destroyed the QB on a delayed blitz, LaDarrius Jackson actually dropped in coverage and did a really solid job. Overall they rotated an absolute ton, including the first two drives having 2 different sets of ends. I don't think we will have one absolute monster pass rusher, but overall we should be able to move the QB off the spot fairly often with the talent at DT as well as our blitz packages 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

How come you keep posting the bad stuff with Adams?   He is awesome.  Sure, he isn't perfect but we are here to celebrate the Bulls.  How dare you bring down this board with negativity!

:)

**** off!!!

Too aggressive?

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,532
  • Days Won:  24

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

**** off!!!

Too aggressive?

Nah, just about right.