Week One Depth Chart

bullsmeanbusiness

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I don't think Mack goes pro unless he has a monster year.  RBs, unless monster backs, rarely go in the first 3 rounds.

Darrel Scott left early, hung around camp, then disappeared.  But it seemed like he didn't enjoy college, and Mack is certainly a better back.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

7 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

1400 yards and Mack Attack would be over at USF. And I am happy that is so (in a proud papa sort of way)

If Taggarts' history is any indicator, Mack should rush for a minimum of 1800 yards.  Both Andrews and Rainey clipped 1,800 yards.  Andrews did it twice.  If Mack hadn't missed a game last season, he would have likely rushed for more than 1,500 yards.  I actually think he will approach the 2K mark.  

I think the only way he leaves is if he leads the nation in rushing, which oddly is possible.  I mean I get he's our first really good back, but the position is way under valued unless you have the metrics and there are so many good backs this season he could get lost and go in later rounds... actually there is a chance he could go undrafted. He'll likely take advice... but I think smart money is he stays.  I remember when people thought Andrews at WKU would leave early after he broke a FBS single season total yards record with 3,161 yards... and he went un-drafted.  RBs are a dime a dozen unfortunately.  There are a lot of really good ones.  I guess we'll see.

Edited by Calibull

31 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

I don't think Mack goes pro unless he has a monster year.  RBs, unless monster backs, rarely go in the first 3 rounds.

Darrel Scott left early, hung around camp, then disappeared.  But it seemed like he didn't enjoy college, and Mack is certainly a better back.

yeah... It didn't seem like Darrel Scott enjoyed football.  I actually know him... or knew him... I haven't seen him in a few years.  He lives in Vegas last I heard.

2 minutes ago, Calibull said:

yeah... It didn't seem like Darrel Scott enjoyed football.  I actually know him... or knew him... I haven't seen him in a few years.  He lives in Vegas last I heard.

I did hear he lost the passion.  Still, he gave us a pretty good year, during a rough season.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

I did hear he lost the passion.  Still, he gave us a pretty good year, during a rough season.

I honestly think Holtz blew any opportunity we had to resurrect that guys career we had.  He's the kind of guy who has to be pushed, Skid Holtzshit was not that kinda coach.  Darrel actually needed a coach like CJL... or someone like Taggart.  He just had a bad draw.  First he chose Colorado when they are terrible (still kinda are) and then he goes to Holtzshit and he couldn't motivate a wart to stay.  But anyway... spilled milk.  We're good now. lol

• Upvote 1

On 8/30/2016 at 7:46 PM, Calibull said:

I honestly think Holtz blew any opportunity we had to resurrect that guys career we had.  He's the kind of guy who has to be pushed, Skid Holtzshit was not that kinda coach.  Darrel actually needed a coach like CJL... or someone like Taggart.  He just had a bad draw.  First he chose Colorado when they are terrible (still kinda are) and then he goes to Holtzshit and he couldn't motivate a wart to stay.  But anyway... spilled milk.  We're good now. lol

Not sure what was wrong with Holtz.  He seems to be doing well at LA Tech, and earlier gigs.

I think USF grew up with aggressive style, and Holtz's soft approach just killed that vibe.  I think players tried to conform, but for many it was a tough shift.

I'm still not sure how CWT will coach with high expectations for W-L, but this is clear:  he's got 100x the energy that Holtz had, and the kids connect with him like an interested father.  They buy what he's selling...in large part because those who trusted him during the dark days are seeing his promises come true...and rewarding faith fosters loyalty.

CWT survived some of our bleakest times, and sometimes looked a bit whipped.  But, he's build this team will talent and drive, and these guys looks ready to run thru a steel wall for him.  LET'S GO!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

Not sure what was wrong with Holtz.  He seems to be doing well at LA Tech, and earlier gigs.

I think USF grew up with aggressive style, and Holtz's soft approach just killed that vibe.  I think players tried to conform, but for many it was a tough shift.

I'm still not sure how CWT will coach with high expectations for W-L, but this is clear:  he's got 100x the energy that Holtz had, and the kids connect with him like an interested father.  They buy what he's selling...in large part because those who trusted him during the dark days are seeing his promises come true...and rewarding faith fosters loyalty.

CWT survived some of our bleakest times, and sometimes looked a bit whipped.  But, he's build this team will talent and drive, and these guys looks ready to run thru a steel wall for him.  LET'S GO!!

That my friend is a formula for success and normally culminates in special seasons. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,903
  • Content Count:  66,199
  • Days Won:  172

time for the games to begin

last year ended on a sour  note

usf shouldnt have lost to western kentucky

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Days Won:  0

Do the depth charts normally come out on Thurs or Fri?  Are we expecting any major charges?