Top recruit Bruce Judson to play on ESPN2 Sunday Aug 28 2pm

wagers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

53 minutes ago, Massbull said:

IMO Won't play QB at USF. Maybe slot or he looked tough enough for safety. A Very tough & versatile athelete though. Hope he sticks as he has been really vocal about getting more Recruits to come to USF.

Needs to develop some arm strength to play QB. Also, the system would have to be tweaked to even more runs. However,  no harm in CWT  saying "Yeah, we will give you a shot at QB. "

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

9 minutes ago, ssgCraigO said:

Needs to develop some arm strength to play QB. Also, the system would have to be tweaked to even more runs. However,  no harm in CWT  saying "Yeah, we will give you a shot at QB. "

After watching QF play his freshman year, I though no way that kid can lead us to a winning season.

I've since given up trying to evaluate QB talent :facepalm:

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

34 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

After watching QF play his freshman year, I though no way that kid can lead us to a winning season.

I've since given up trying to evaluate QB talent :facepalm:

The dual-threat vs Pro-style QB is becoming a real separation in talent and ability, and coaches are creating even more offensive schemes around their skill sets. Not every one is going to make all of the throws, be durable, be mobile, or have a knack for making plays consistently. Exclusively in college you have the ability to get your best athletes on the field and let them cook. But I agree, that's why I'm exclusively a couch-evaluator :thumbsup:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

4 hours ago, TimBulla said:

Nice win for our USF commit!

But, you do know, it's not binding. Big teams are still coming after him ....... only heard that almost every time it was mentioned he was a USF commit. ESPN douchebag.

Looks like the prototypical USF qb and should fit in nicely ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,828
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

But, you do know, it's not binding. Big teams are still coming after him ....... only heard that almost every time it was mentioned he was a USF commit. ESPN douchebag.

Looks like the prototypical USF qb and should fit in nicely ...

I was a little annoyed but didn't mind it as much as the game wore on. On one hand he's saying we're not the "best" offer he has on the other he's stating that Judson picked us over these schools on a national broadcast which could get people to pay attention to USF again. Regardless he stated multiple times as well that Judson remains 100% committed even if it's a "non binding verbal commitment" as Joe Knight likes to call it.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

13 hours ago, Massbull said:

IMO Won't play QB at USF. Maybe slot or he looked tough enough for safety. A Very tough & versatile athelete though. Hope he sticks as he has been really vocal about getting more Recruits to come to USF.

Louis Gachette, if memory serves, was a QB in HS and transitioned nicely into a safety. Let's see if Judson sticks to USF and then gets a shot at QB before calling for changes. :)

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

10 hours ago, 206BULL said:

I was a little annoyed but didn't mind it as much as the game wore on. On one hand he's saying we're not the "best" offer he has on the other he's stating that Judson picked us over these schools on a national broadcast which could get people to pay attention to USF again. Regardless he stated multiple times as well that Judson remains 100% committed even if it's a "non binding verbal commitment" as Joe Knight likes to call it.

The thing that annoyed me about it is they weren't emphasizing how it was just a "verbal commitment" and "other schools are still recruiting him" near as much withe the kids on Trinity that have verbaled to FSU etc.  Those kids are getting recruited harder and by more power programs than Judson but they rarely (if ever for some of the kids) mentioned that but they couldn't wait to emphasize that point about Judson.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,802
  • Days Won:  28

9 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Louis Gachette, if memory serves, was a QB in HS and transitioned nicely into a safety. Let's see if Judson sticks to USF and then gets a shot at QB before calling for changes. :)

I think everybody 4gets that the main reason he chose UF just like Flowers was b/c USF is the only school recruiting him 4 quarterback.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

10 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

The thing that annoyed me about it is they weren't emphasizing how it was just a "verbal commitment" and "other schools are still recruiting him" near as much withe the kids on Trinity that have verbaled to FSU etc.  Those kids are getting recruited harder and by more power programs than Judson but they rarely (if ever for some of the kids) mentioned that but they couldn't wait to emphasize that point about Judson.  

That's the funny thing...every recruit in the 2016 is just as "verbally committed" as Judson.  None of it matters till NSD.

The other cool part:  the announcers said Judson wants to play QB, but that he just wants to get on the field.  That's encouraging.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

51 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think everybody 4gets that the main reason he chose USF just like Flowers was b/c USF is the only school recruiting him 4 quarterback.

Bullbull325, just want to chime in to say all your pimping about Kean was justified. He's a pretty good QB.