CWT Interviewing at SC

NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Put me on record as saying that  CWT is just getting his payday. He has dealt with our I want it now mentality, name calling,  and sideline coaching all year. This is a business and I believe he's putting  himself in a better negotiating position. Think of it this way, if his season goes  how some expect next year, I'm sure he will truly remember how we treated him before he brought us to the promised land. Better not insult that man with a midseason extension as opposed to doing it now. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

you need to realize that this does not happen almost every year.  If our coach is interviewing for jobs every year or almost every year it will effect recruiting, to think otherwise is nieve.... Silly.

In our conference, it WILL happen every year.  Maybe not to USF every year, but at least a three or four different programs. The AAC will  continue to be the Leading G5 conference.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

LOL.. so lets see... Life before USF.. Taggart took a 0-12 WKU team that had been abysmal for years and went 2-10, 7-5, 7-5  He was then offered the job at USF where he took over a failed abysmal program and went 2-10, 4-9, and either 9-4 or 8-5.... There is a pattern there.   I wouldn't be shocked if a P 5 school hired him as a head coach.  He's trending in the right direction.  If we have a good season next year, I wouldn't be surprised if he left.  I wouldn't blame him.  It's funny... many of you have wanted him fired for the past 3 years... now this.  I find it poetic.

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,772
  • Days Won:  19

I made a phone call to a trusted source. The real reason Coach Taggart took the interview was so he could write off the flight watching our hoops team taking it to SC tomorrow. End of story. He'll be back in Tampa tomorrow night.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  6,319
  • Days Won:  12

I can't speak for everyone but my worries have nothing to do with CWT, this is simply bad timing for about a dozen reasons for our program.  We finally, after 4 season get back to a bowl and now this.  Even if he does not get hired, there will be damage control that needs to be done with the players, recruits...  blah blah blah.  No kid wants to come play for a coach that is taking interviews at other schools.  

almost every coach in America but maybe 10 to 15 schools is looking to move up. I'm sure every coach in the aac is looking for a better job 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,772
  • Days Won:  19

Coaches come and go Calibull. The Frank Beamers of the world are few and far between (but even he interviewed for other HC jobs). If Coach Taggart were to leave, there would be a young buck looking to fill his position immediately with the talent that can be assembled in Tampa.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,871
  • Days Won:  25

Umm affirmative action interviews are a thing of the past. That isn't even a real thing anymore. I work in HR and know that unless company mandated it's not a thing. For government employer veterans preference is a real thing, but not minority preference 

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,738
  • Days Won:  53

Put me on record as saying that  CWT is just getting his payday. He has dealt with our I want it now mentality, name calling,  and sideline coaching all year. This is a business and I believe he's putting  himself in a better negotiating position. Think of it this way, if his season goes  how some expect next year, I'm sure he will truly remember how we treated him before he brought us to the promised land. Better not insult that man with a midseason extension as opposed to doing it now. 

DOOD (?) What are you talking about?  I don't get all these posts.  First off, hopefully no one called him names because that would be UCF-like.  Second, I don't remember seeing an "I want it now" mentality at the beginning of the season.  I remember the goal being to go to ANY bowl game with an AAC schedule.  Everyone had very modest expectations and not that many people thought we could even make it.  Sideline coaching?  Try going to an SEC school.  I don't get the "poor Willie" posts.  The team was performing poorly in the beginning of the season.  Willie himself said they could have done more to help the team beat Memphis.  He took the reigns off of Flowers, and Flowers' throwing also improved.  I don't see how he could be bitter about anything.  It wasn't working and he made adjustments that paid off big time.  If he is any kind of professional he will not have hurt feelings over not meeting his own bowl game expectations at the beginning of the season.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

You know just after I had to eat crow over not trusting the man & I hear this!  I have lost some respect for him but if he wants out that badly then don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out!!

I agree with those posting that the AD not give him a raise.  A bonus for Bowl bound & win maybe but no big raise till we see how he does next year.   

• Downvote 4

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,738
  • Days Won:  53

LOL.. so lets see... Life before USF.. Taggart took a 0-12 WKU team that had been abysmal for years and went 2-10, 7-5, 7-5  He was then offered the job at USF where he took over a failed abysmal program and went 2-10, 4-9, and either 9-4 or 8-5.... There is a pattern there.   I wouldn't be shocked if a P 5 school hired him as a head coach.  He's trending in the right direction.  If we have a good season next year, I wouldn't be surprised if he left.  I wouldn't blame him.  It's funny... many of you have wanted him fired for the past 3 years... now this.  I find it poetic.

See above post...