USF backup OL Benjamin Knox suspended indefinitely

Dogma

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,580
  • Days Won:  2

Firing a gun into a dorm (allegedly) is not a mistake. That is what we grown ups call a major **** up.

well said

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

What good is gun ownership if you can't harmlessly discharge your weapon every so often?

When is the last time you had an office pop? You know to make sure the gun is still working.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

"Investigators swept the scene finding shell casings and eventually a parked vehicle containing an open gun case, and an empty box of ammunition sitting next to the car.

The owner of the vehicle was identified as 21-year-old USF resident student Benjamin Knox from DeLand. "

"Investigators believe the lineman is the triggerman because they say surveillance video captured the shooting.

Knox has been charged with the crimes of Possession or Discharge of a Firearm on Campus, and Shooting into an Occupied Dwelling."

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2015/10/11/usf-football-player-arrested-firing-gun-campus/73780638/ 

Didn't see those details.  Yeah, at 6'6, 300# or so, he's not likely to be confused with another student.  What could have been going on in his mind?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

See my previous post about females, dares, & alcohol--likely will find one or two of those pieces filling in the gap in this story.

Add drugs, and you've likely covered 90%.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

I think Cook's allegations of beating a woman were just as serious as Knox's. Just cause someone beats a girl off campus, doesn't make it any less egregious as someone who commits a crime on-campus. Of course, Dalvin was found not guilty, but the allegations where just as serious, in my eyes.

Thankfully the law doesn't view the offenses as equally as you.  One is a misdemeanor battery charge and one is a 2nd degree felony.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Take your pick: a female, a dare, alcohol. The odds are good.

Give me 50 on door number three.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,345
  • Days Won:  490

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Well... There we go... Knox will not be in a USF uniform ever again.  Taggart hasn't even spoken to him since the incident.  Wasted talent.. next man up. Gibbons is healthy now so we're straight.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,595
  • Days Won:  3

Thankfully the law doesn't view the offenses as equally as you.  One is a misdemeanor battery charge and one is a 2nd degree felony.

I'll be honest, I'm a bit surprised you don't consider what Cook's allegations were to be as serious... Obviously, Knox potentially put lives at risk, but a 200 pounder whalin' on a chick can turn out pretty ugly. But, opinions are opinions.

Anyone what spots Knox was typically filling in at, LT or RT?

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  1,174
  • Days Won:  3

"Investigators swept the scene finding shell casings and eventually a parked vehicle containing an open gun case, and an empty box of ammunition sitting next to the car.

The owner of the vehicle was identified as 21-year-old USF resident student Benjamin Knox from DeLand. "

I wonder if Mensa is going to revoke his membership after hearing about this...

Edited by TExpress