Players only meeting...

Joe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Our society's shift to "its always someone else's fault that I failed" is my point...

Do you not see how that is what CWT is doing with his comments?? O the irony...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

Our society's shift to "its always someone else's fault that I failed" is my point.  If Harlan decides to terminate CWT contract today or at the end of the season I'm cool with it.  It will continue USF's commuter coach carousel.  At the end of the day everyone has to be accountable for their piece of the success or failure.  I vividly remember getting a D in a class at USF.  I earned every bit of the grade.  Not the teacher's fault, mine.  I failed to execute and knew the play.  

Your problem, Bausfkid, is that you continue to think that a couple of bonehead plays by USF players has been the difference between winning and losing spectacularly.  Sorry to burst your bubble, but different results in those bonehead plays would not have made a significant difference in the outcome.  Every team, that's a winner, overcomes those bad plays during the game but USF has not been able to, no matter who the players happen to be.  

You don't think that Adams' dropped pass, the blown coverage by Abraham before halftime, and the phantom holding call that brought back the Mack TD wouldn't have at the very least altered the game in some way? 

I believe what he is saying is all teams have mistakes like the one RA had, including FSU and MD.

Put it this way when USF came out and picked the QB and scored 7, it would have been easy for MD to fold and lose. They had several other picks at key moments of the game yet they made even more opportunities.

Unfortunately with the decisions CWT is making we will only have 1-3 opportunities to score and i don't think that is going to cut it.

Edited by Bull-Hornz
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I believe what he is saying is all teams have mistakes like the one RA had, including FSU and MD.

Put it this way when USF came out and picked the QB and scored 7, it would have been easy for MD to fold and lose. They had several other picks at key moments of the game yet they made even more opportunities.

Unfortunately with the decisions CWT is making we will only have 1-3 opportunities to score and ti don't think that Iis going to cut it.

This should be +1000.

CWT's scheme requires we be perfect. Nobody is perfect, particularly college teams. MD and FSU as you said were nowhere near perfect and handled us. But only our mistakes would impact the outcome of the game, that's the way the calibration is for some folks.

Unfortunately with the decisions CWT is making we will only have 1-3 opportunities to score and ti don't think that Iis going to cut it.

The difference is that these weren't forced errors. I could understand the other team going out and making a play, but these were cases where our players' failure to execute (and partially the ref's) resulted in a pure 21 point swing in that game. I'm not saying that other teams can't point to certain moments in games where these sort of plays happen, but to have 3 such plays go against a team makes it almost impossible to win. 

Other teams might have a larger margin for error in overcoming those types of mistakes than we do, but the fact is that we don't. Almost half of our roster is composed of true freshman and RS freshmen. We have a young QB that can't be relied upon to make big plays with his arm at this point. We know we have to keep every game within a score or we run the risk of getting blown out. That is our reality right now. The coaching needs to be better and the players need to be better, no way around it. 

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,672
  • Days Won:  25

In my opinion we lost to MD because the TEAM did NOT come out and play with the same intensity as they did in the first two games. And by team i mean top to bottom.

EVERYBODY has to be ready EVERY play.

The difference is that these weren't forced errors. I could understand the other team going out and making a play, but these were cases where our players' failure to execute (and partially the ref's) resulted in a pure 21 point swing in that game. I'm not saying that other teams can't point to certain moments in games where these sort of plays happen, but to have 3 such plays go against a team makes it almost impossible to win. 

Other teams might have a larger margin for error in overcoming those types of mistakes than we do, but the fact is that we don't. Almost half of our roster is composed of true freshman and RS freshmen. We have a young QB that can't be relied upon to make big plays with his arm at this point. We know we have to keep every game within a score or we run the risk of getting blown out. That is our reality right now. The coaching needs to be better and the players need to be better, no way around it. 

i agree with most of what ya said there. I really really really hope the WR improve bc its been painful to watch all the drops in recent years :(

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

i agree with most of what ya said there. I really really really hope the WR improve bc its been painful to watch all the drops in recent years :(

Our best WR is a RB.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Our best QB is a RB too.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

I definitely see more talent on the field than we have had in quite some time. It is now up to CWT, his staff, and the players to make the most of it. I want to see week-to-week improvement from this team. The bye week came at a perfect time in order to give the coaching staff the opportunity to look back at the first three weeks and go and coach up the players. Make them learn from their mistakes and improve in all facets of the game. I'm optimistic that we can give Memphis all they can handle. I won't go so far as to predict a victory, but I could see us finding a way to win this game if our team can find its identity and limit mistakes on both sides of the ball.