Start Bench

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

reading some of these comments makes me feel like im missing something...

am i one of the only ones seeing how awful that fade pass was? or how bad of a miss the out route to whitehead was? or how bad the pass to barr was on the seam route?

Hey, Gronk could have caught that fade pass...

• Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

QF starting is clear proof that Steven Bench does not improve USF's chances of winning in the eyes of several coaches who are around football 40+ hours a week.

There is only one coach making that decision.  That was clear the last two years, it hasn't changed this year.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

QF starting is clear proof he's better. And I thought there was more to it than that.

QF starting is clear proof that Steven Bench does not improve USF's chances of winning in the eyes of several coaches...

I don't know if you can say several, but it's definitely one. And one who hasn't really instilled a lot of confidence in his abilities based on the other football related decisions he's made in 2+ years. But I guess I can give him the benefit of the doubt and say he might be a fantastic evaluator of talent but a poor...I don't know...pick any other coaching duty.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,580
  • Days Won:  2

QF starting is clear proof that Steven Bench does not improve USF's chances of winning in the eyes of several coaches who are around football 40+ hours a week.

There is only one coach making that decision. That was clear the last two years, it hasn't changed this year.

This

Please refer to quotes from the coaches per Joey knight' tweets and articles

• Content Count:  5,595
  • Days Won:  3

I think it's pretty clear we've got some differing opinions, so no reason to continue arguing.

My stance is, talent evaluation is one of the more simple aspects of coaching. These coaches watch these players every day, we don't. One of them looks better for what you're trying to accomplish, and it's usually not that hard to figure out. And, if it is that close, than it's unlikely that the alternative is going to produce results that are that much better, if better at all.

I saw the same discussion when fans on here thought BJ should get an opportunity during some of Matt's struggles in BE play. Same thing when BJ's interceptions piled up and people thought a 6'4 walk on was going to be the savior. And what we found out, time and time again, was that the starter on the field, chosen by the coaches, gave us the best chance to win even though they have never been flawless.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  5,595
  • Days Won:  3

There is only one coach making that decision. That was clear the last two years, it hasn't changed this year.

This

Please refer to quotes from the coaches per Joey knight' tweets and articles

I understand CWT makes the final decision, but he receives input and is involved in discussion with Reaves, Hope, Kinnan and several others when it has to be made.

And lets be clear, CWT is not alone in thinking QF should be the starter. This is the opinion of the entire coaching staff. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,143
  • Days Won:  109

QF starting is clear proof he's better. And I thought there was more to it than that.

QF starting is clear proof that Steven Bench does not improve USF's chances of winning in the eyes of several coaches who are around football 40+ hours a week. Take that as you may. But hey, maybe you are just that much better at observing talent than these guys.

The problem isn't who is starting. The problem is the fact that no matter who starts, they are being coached, and lead, by someone who simply is not good at coaching and developing a QB. I trust that CWT is fielding the best team we have. The problem is, the best team we have isn't that good, due to his inability to develop talent and efficiently manage a football game.

You'd be surprised at the thoughts of the coaches that get ignored.  Check your PM.

And, does anyone on here think that QF gave us the best chance against SMU last year when his play book was about the number of fingers on your hand (if you had lost a couple of fingers in an industrial accident), and the kid has just lost a relative.  So please let's not argue about Taggart making the best decision for the team every time.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

Bench should have played the 4th quarter when we were slipping, but I think if he started, the game would have been over by halftime. QF's ability to dictate the run game was crucial. Other than a few blown coverages, it did not seem like the WRs were getting anywhere near open.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

Start Kean!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,375
  • Days Won:  2

No lol he looked way worse that Flowers and Bench. Woulard is only decent qb on roster and he can't play this season.

Edited by Bulls On Parade