Start Bench

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

BH- so the majority of your sample are games where we are down multiple scores and he comes in against looser defenses?

Unfortunately that is what we have for our sample set Sanjay. It would have been nice to see him through against FSU, especially after the famu game, but that didn't happen. Again I dont think QF did bad in that game, i just dont want to lose games while he is taking his lumps.

I'm not reading through this thread, so I apologize if this has already been said, but no QB will get better if they aren't shown some confidence and don't go in and take some lumps. If we go with Bench, we're wasting time with QF. We need to stick with QF unless things get really bad or he shows he's wilting under the pressure psychologically.

I'm on the Flowers bandwagon at this point.

^THIS

QF did fine against FAMU, and against FSU he was playing in his 3rd career game against one of the top defenses in the nation. People ridiculing him for missing throws or being hesitant with the shaky O-line and all thumbs WR's we have are crazy. Those talking about Bench's performance against FAMU during mop up duty acting like it's a huge feat, you absolutely have to factor in how gassed that defense was, and the throws he made would've been picked off by a decent defense, go back and watch how close they were to going the other way. Please... Bench has had all spring, summer, and fall to separate himself from QF and prove that he is the one to lead this team, but he hasn't.

I for one am not ridiculing QF. His improvement from last year has been great. I also think he should continue getting the reps wherever possible so that he continues to develop. BUT I don't think that should be at the cost of our season. That is not wasting time it's just being smart. Hopefully you all can go back to the last page and read my post on why I think SB could win us some games.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I for one am not ridiculing QF. His improvement from last year has been great. I also think he should continue getting the reps wherever possible so that he continues to develop. BUT I don't think that should be at the cost of our season.

The thing is, you don't KNOW if it's going to cost the season.  

Let's see how Flowers does in 4 quarters against Maryland and re-assess.  

I for one am not ridiculing QF. His improvement from last year has been great. I also think he should continue getting the reps wherever possible so that he continues to develop. BUT I don't think that should be at the cost of our season.

This is true. I wasn't upset that QF started and I won't be upset if he starts again vs MD. He gives the O another dimension that SB does and I think he has done good enough to start again.

If we are down like the FSU game against Maryland I do know QF isn't the QB that is going to give us quick scores to bring us back. That's not his game. He can't throw the ball in the manner needed to for that. Not sure if SB can either bc we haven't seen him enough. But from his last 5 games he has shown that he is capable. One thing is for sure he can execute ALL the throws we need and we can't say QF can do that at this point.

• Topic Count:  577
  • Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

the reason i'm suggesting bench should get a shot is because:

QF has regularly missed the most basic of throws.

Do I think Bench is an amazing QB: No, i don't. I just think we're a lot more threatening when we can get the ball in more than 2 play maker's hands. Flowers/Mack every play on offense isn't going to work. I think Bench can spread it to Adams, Mack, Price, Bronson and others just because he an throw beyond the LOS.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I just think we're a lot more threatening when we can get the ball in more than 2 play maker's hands. Flowers/Mack every play on offense isn't going to work. 

3 playmakers.

Don't leave out DJ with 4 TD catches.  

Did any receiver last year have 4 TD receptions?  

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,595
  • Days Won:  3

I just think we're a lot more threatening when we can get the ball in more than 2 play maker's hands. Flowers/Mack every play on offense isn't going to work. 

3 playmakers.

Andre had like 9 I think. Definitely more than 4.

Still very impressive for D'Earnest.

Edited by theman123

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,649
  • Days Won:  51

This is true. I wasn't upset that QF started and I won't be upset if he starts again vs MD. He gives the O another dimension that SB does and I think he has done good enough to start again.

If we are down like the FSU game against Maryland I do know QF isn't the QB that is going to give us quick scores to bring us back. That's not his game. He can't throw the ball in the manner needed to for that. Not sure if SB can either bc we haven't seen him enough. But from his last 5 games he has shown that he is capable. One thing is for sure he can execute ALL the throws we need and we can't say QF can do that at this point.

Why is it so hard for people to grasp this concept? It's no dig on QF. Down multiple scores to FSU in the 2nd half we should have tried to air the ball out and get back in the game

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,376
  • Days Won:  2

the reason i'm suggesting bench should get a shot is because:

QF has regularly missed the most basic of throws.

Do I think Bench is an amazing QB: No, i don't. I just think we're a lot more threatening when we can get the ball in more than 2 play maker's hands. Flowers/Mack every play on offense isn't going to work. I think Bench can spread it to Adams, Mack, Price, Bronson and others just because he an throw beyond the LOS.

This

But I am up for letting Flowers play a few more games and see how he does.

3 playmakers.

Agree Willie_T. Also don't forget Price, Kino, and Barr!!