UCF, USF athletics continue rise in athletic revenue

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Somewhere in California Smazza is smiling as you flame the shitstorm his comments create 😂😂😂

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Somewhere in California Smazza is smiling as you flame the shitstorm his comments create

Yeah, we know ..... but he's trying so hard you have to reward him every once in a while .... and it is the off season.   ;)

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

The worst years in our existence versus the best years in theirs and we're still neck-and-neck?? That bodes well for us ....

lol. Financially, these are the worst years of your existence? What happened to "started in a meager trailer in a corn field"

I see what you are saying, and understand why you choose the latch on to that perspective, but it's also accurate to say, "After 9 years of being separated by BCS football and the top basketball conference...we're still neck and neck?"

Actually you better stay away with that as USF fans can just ask UCF the year they started football. USF started 1st season in 1997 while UCF had more of a head start. Let's call a truce here. I believe we USF & UCF need to work together to help get us both into P5 one day. Props to UCF for getting it done on the field as of late. USF has work to do

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

The worst years in our existence versus the best years in theirs and we're still neck-and-neck?? That bodes well for us ....

lol. Financially, these are the worst years of your existence? What happened to "started in a meager trailer in a corn field"

I see what you are saying, and understand why you choose the latch on to that perspective, but it's also accurate to say, "After 9 years of being separated by BCS football and the top basketball conference...we're still neck and neck?"

Actually you better stay away with that as USF fans can just ask UCF the year they started football. USF started 1st season in 1997 while UCF had more of a head start. Let's call a truce here. I believe we USF & UCF need to work together to help get us both into P5 one day. Props to UCF for getting it done on the field as of late. USF has work to do

Ugh, that thought sends chills. I think not, they can suck it with their superiority complex, and I have a feeling our admin kinda feels the same way.

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,676
  • Days Won:  25

Ugh, that thought sends chills. I think not, they can suck it with their superiority complex, and I have a feeling our admin kinda feels the same way.

Yea, "they can suck it with their superiority complex"...  'Cause ours is better than theirs!

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,558
  • Days Won:  19

Not going to happen.

One program will be left behind... Just like before.

Do you really want it to be us?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So here's this tidbit of news...

In the fall 2015, UCF's projected enrollment head count is expected at 61,597, a number that includes transfer, undergraduate and graduate students, according to the school's 2015-16 working plan.

By fall 2017, that number was projected to be 64,140 — a 4 percent jump, the plan said.

Source

That is almost 20,000 more students than USF... that means a lot more $$ from athletic fees... and also the reason why the tag revenue is higher.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,163
  • Days Won:  109

What does he say to the elephant after the coconut drops?

A punch line from an old joke would be "that's right beeitch take it all"

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

I'm pretty well convinced UCF must somehow be hiding their OCS yearly debt service.  I'd like to see a break down of the "expenses" in this article, because something doesn't smell right.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Frankly, I'm not sure why UCF is all excited to essentially be even with a school that has played football half as many years.  Then again, I guess they've always had low expectations.