• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring Game 2015

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Flowers probably my pick. Between spring game timing and the wind I'm not all that worried with deep ball accuracy more about making the right read.

Are a few kids who seem to have come out of no where too.

Nigel Harris indefinite suspension is not good

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Seems like we are having a normal spring game for the first time since Coach Leavitt left. Well since 2010 but that technically was a Leavitt team, to me that is.

Thought the exact same thing .... kind of encouraging.

Was actually pretty impressed with Flowers. The deep balls were an adventure all day because of the wind but he did hit a beauty late in the game. He seemed to have a better pocket awareness than last year. Doesn't just take off at the first sign of pressure. Made a nice play where he started to take off but saw Tice out ahead of him and flipped the ball to him for a nice gain for a 1st. But there was a play late in the game where he had Adams wide open, waving his arms at him from near the sideline for a first but chose to try to run for a 1st but didn't make it. Those right decisions should come with experience.

Looks like Bench or Flowers would be fine starting in this offense. The difference between those two and White was painfully obvious on the couple of designed qb runs with him in there.

Great assessment. I think, with improved play at QB and the running game we have coming back, things are looking pretty bright. We are starting to see the results from recruiting. I'm happy that Taggart said he would name the starter soon so going into fall there is no doubt.

Also, I think tue defense is going to be fantastic. Whitehurst is performing like you expect a senior to do. The one thing I think is happening is player development. We lacked that for some time. But that and the takent should make this an interesting season.

Edited by USF2011Grad

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Doubled

Edited by USF2011Grad

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Good to hear about Dillon. He was the staff's #1 target at TE in 2014 class. Raw but talented.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

#10 Deadrin Senat DT and #93 Daniel Awoleke DE both put on a great show. #51 Tashon Whitehurst made some nice plays also. Defense seems to look pretty good. #26 Chase Whithead seems like he might be their go to guy for short passing yardage. Does any know when the game sats will come out?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Joey Johnston posted a couple pics of the stat sheets on Twitter. Not sure how to post tweets from the phone though..

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Joey Johnston posted a couple pics of the stat sheets on Twitter. Not sure how to post tweets from the phone though..

Joey Knight* long weekend so far

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Daniel Awoleke 6'5" 270lb. Where did this guy come from? Sack already and a few tackles.

Mentioned him in the spring practice reports thread weeks ago.  He was suspended indefinitely as well last summer for a gun charge he caught.  He's quietly been playing his ass off since last spring, but not getting any credit just yet.  Also interesting about Mr. Awoleke is he is on the all academic team per USF bio.

Edited by usfbullrider

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Watched most of the second half. I didn't see much that was over the top, but seemed like the running game and defense had some flashes. Qb play seemed ok w Flowers, jury is out.