• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Since there is no American Cup

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I am starting one. I don't care if you don't care so don't go on about how you don't care. I am bored at work today so this is what I did.

Points are given for all regular season athletics offered within the American Conf. If you don't play the sport or you dont play in the American, you get 0 points, so everyone who plays gets at least 1.

If you win you get the number of points equivalent to the number of teams. Hence in womens basketball there are 11 teams, so as conf champs, UConn gets 11 pts, as runner-up USF gets 10 and so on. If there is a tie the highest number is given. so if two teams tied for first they would both get 11 points. 

Additional points are granted for post-season conference tournaments (Soccer, Basketball, Softball, Baseball) Each win in a conf tourney gets you an extra point.

No points are awarded for NCAA tournaments. Why? Because this is the American Cup, not the lets compare ourselves to the rest of the exclusionary NCAA world cup.

Current standings are as follows (Still outstanding is Womens Rowing, Mens/Womens Tennis, Mens/Womens Golf, Baseball and Softball)

UConn 88
Tulsa 80
Memphis 64
SMU 67
Cincinnati 63
UCF 62
USF 55
ECarolina 51
Houston 43
Temple 45
Tulane 35

Edited by cophbulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say how much I don't care.  :D 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If two teams are tied for first, don't give them both 11, give them both 10.5 (11+10 / 2)

Giving them both 11 skews the results in favor of sports with tied participants over those of sports where no participants tie

Other than than that, great job.

Show how much work we have yet to accomplish. Goal needs to be to win the Capital One Cup, but the AAC Cup is a good interim goal.

Frequently used acronym by lazy, ignorant people in Internet Forums, where their urge to type something exceeds their ability to read something or if they generally lack semantic ability to either comprehend or respond to a post due to underdeveloped brain.

Stating that they were to lazy reading someone else's post just confirms the ignorant attitude and also often destroys the discussion in the thread.

The average IQ of people typing TLDR in Internet forums is about 64.

Since I am a lonely masturbating boy with no brain I have no capacity to read all you said, but due to my lonely social life I still feel like typing something in this thread, I will type TLDR.

If two teams are tied for first, don't give them both 11, give them both 10.5 (11+10 / 2)

Giving them both 11 skews the results in favor of sports with tied participants over those of sports where no participants tie

Other than than that, great job.

Show how much work we have yet to accomplish. Goal needs to be to win the Capital One Cup, but the AAC Cup is a good interim goal.

Fine, I like the idea. Finite number of possible points. Although only for regular season standings not tournament wins. Updated Standings.

Uconn 87

Tulsa 79.5

SMU 66.5

Memphis 62.5

Cincinnati 60.5

UCF 60.5

USF 55

ECarolina 48.5

Temple 44.5

Houston 42

Tulane 33.5

Edited by cophbulls

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Still not enough to get us past UCF :(

Golf will help, tennis might, but baseball probably won't

Might come down to softball...

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Frequently used acronym by lazy, ignorant people in Internet Forums, where their urge to type something exceeds their ability to read something or if they generally lack semantic ability to either comprehend or respond to a post due to underdeveloped brain.

Stating that they were to lazy reading someone else's post just confirms the ignorant attitude and also often destroys the discussion in the thread.

The average IQ of people typing TLDR in Internet forums is about 64.

Since I am a lonely masturbating boy with no brain I have no capacity to read all you said, but due to my lonely social life I still feel like typing something in this thread, I will type TLDR.

jTYvp7h.gif

Baseball will. Mark my words, we are better than the FSU showing. UCF just lost to Jacksonville in Orlando so they are not infallible.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Nice job

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Don't let the Big 12 know, shhhhh.