• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why do we waste our time at Armwood?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  119
  • Days Won:  0

With Tom Allen as DC maybe we'll have an improved pipeline?  Sure we didn't get Griffin but we've gotten Armwood recruits in the past, so I don't really know what OP Is complaining about...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm just saying some schools have sent us a lot of good recruits in the past.  Armwood is not one of them.  Armwood kids are looking at nationally relevant programs.  They don't care about repping the bay.  We should focus on schools where we have a better chance of landing them.  

100% agree. The staff must waste 30-40 minutes a month driving over there and back for nothing.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I'm just saying some schools have sent us a lot of good recruits in the past.  Armwood is not one of them.  Armwood kids are looking at nationally relevant programs.  They don't care about repping the bay.  We should focus on schools where we have a better chance of landing them.  

100% agree. The staff must waste 30-40 minutes a month driving over there and back for nothing.

And the phone calls and texts. Don't forget those.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Giddins, Jarriet Buie, Jacob Griffin were all Armwood kids. May have been a couple others.  Our recent lack of success there is irrelevant.  We have to recruit every HS in Hillsborough, Pinellas and Pasco, and with Tags also Manatee.

And Polk, Orange, and Seminole

Yes but I was hitting the tricounty area really.

Personally, I think the staff would be better heading down 75 and hitting Sarasota, Charlotte, Lee and Collier as there are some tremendous athletes and is much more lightly recruited than the I-4 corridor. But either works. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

With Tom Allen as DC maybe we'll have an improved pipeline?  Sure we didn't get Griffin but we've gotten Armwood recruits in the past, so I don't really know what OP Is complaining about...

Most likely the OP is still in high school, and goes to a school that was curb-stomped by Armwood this year...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Most likely the OP is still in high school, and goes to a school that was curb-stomped by Armwood this year...

He also needs trolling lessons from the master himself, smazza.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Not recruiting one of the best football programs in the country sounds like an excellent idea.  Recruiting is like dating, no matter how unlikely it may seem on the surface you still take your shots at women way out of your league.  You may get rejected a lot but all it takes is one to say yes for you to "out kick your coverage".    

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433

Please let me know what Armwood kids besides McQuay and maybe Matt Jones who have lived up to their 'star ranking'? 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  119

Please let me know what Armwood kids besides McQuay and maybe Matt Jones who have lived up to their 'star ranking'? 

Eric Striker (4*) is pretty good, he should be in the nfl after next year

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Erik Striker was a 3rd team all american at linebacker for the Sooners last season and is 2 time all Big 12.