• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College Football Asst Coaches Salary Discussion (Posts pulled from thread on Main Board)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Tough gig to be an assistant coach at the college and pro level. All you do is move every few years.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Tough gig to be an assistant coach at the college and pro level. All you do is move every few years.

Yep. I wonder how Chris Cosh dealt with the hardship of his $325,000 a year contract and subsequent turmoil of having to move to Texas for hundreds of thousands of more dollars.

violin-steve-buscemi.gif

Edited by JTrue

Yep. I wonder how Chris Cosh dealt with the hardship of his $325,000 a year contract and subsequent turmoil of having to move to Texas for hundreds of thousands of more dollars.

violin-steve-buscemi.gif

Yeah but for every Cosh there is some DB coach pulling 125k and living in an apartment.

violin-steve-buscemi.gif

Yeah but for every Cosh there is some DB coach pulling 125k and living in an apartment.

That is a heartbreaker. $125,000 only puts him in the top 15% of earners in the country. Or, 3x the average salary of a Tampa firefighter. I hope he has enough leftover each month to pay for groceries after rent on that apartment.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

violin-steve-buscemi.gif

That is a heartbreaker. $125,000 only puts him in the top 15% of earners in the country. Or, 3x the average salary of a Tampa firefighter. I hope he has enough leftover each month to pay for groceries after rent on that apartment.

A Tampa firefighter and DB coach each get paid what the market dictate. Apparently it's a rarer, more special, or more difficult skill to acquire coaching DB's at a college level than it is to jump into a burning building. And, frankly, i agree that it is.

Not discounting the bravery or merit of firefighters for what it's worth.

violin-steve-buscemi.gif

A Tampa firefighter and DB coach each get paid what the market dictate. Apparently it's a rarer, more special, or more difficult skill to acquire coaching DB's at a college level than it is to jump into a burning building. And, frankly, i agree that it is.

Not discounting the bravery or merit of firefighters for what it's worth.

I agree completely. But I do take issue with claiming the job of a college coach is something deserving of my sympathy.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

DrainPlug1.jpg

Change careers.  Free market society. 

Exactly. If a few hundred thousand dollars salary and coaching a kid's game for a living isn't enough to overcome the terrible misfortune of moving every few years, maybe a nice desk job and two weeks vacation for a fraction of the money is a better fit.

125k is not that great (at least not with kids), plus you could be back down to coaching HS the next season or even worse...working at Sears (see Bull Durham). Not a life style I would like at all.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

125k is not that great (at least not with kids), plus you could be back down to coaching HS the next season or even worse...working at Sears (see Bull Durham). Not a life style I would like at all.

Jesus how many kids do you have?  You need to get your personal finances together if you can't raise kids comfortably on $125k.......

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1