• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

2015 Football Recruiting Discussion ... And Other Stuff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

how does this class rank  compared to other aac teams

247 has us #2 in the conference (behind Cincy) and #69 nationally. The G5 schools ranked ahead of us are FAU, LA Tech, Western Mich, Boise State, San Jose State, Cincy, and BYU.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Rivals has us tied with UConn at #3 in the conference (behind Cincy and Temple) and #77 nationally. The G5 schools ranked ahead of us are FIU, Temple. So Miss, San Diego State, UTSA, Texas State, NIU, Marshall, Ark State, BYU, LA Tech, Western Mich, San Jose State, FAU, and Cincy.,

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2015/all/all

None of the G5 schools have cracked the Top 50 in either of the rankings.

So, FIU and FAU have better classes now?  UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE!!

Oh, and to add to this insult is La Tech out recruiting USF.  Taggart's only redemption to this two year fiasco is now a further black mark against his HCing ability. 2016 can't come soon enough for me.

Relax dude.  Lets see how things shake out on NSD before you get your panties all wadded up.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

There's still a ton of solid 3 star guys available. When the P5 schools start filling up, that's probably when the class will start taking off. I'll predict we end up aroound 50ish in recruiting.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

247 has us #2 in the conference (behind Cincy) and #69 nationally. The G5 schools ranked ahead of us are FAU, LA Tech, Western Mich, Boise State, San Jose State, Cincy, and BYU.

Rivals has us tied with UConn at #3 in the conference (behind Cincy and Temple) and #77 nationally. The G5 schools ranked ahead of us are FIU, Temple. So Miss, San Diego State, UTSA, Texas State, NIU, Marshall, Ark State, BYU, LA Tech, Western Mich, San Jose State, FAU, and Cincy.,

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2015/all/all

Oh, and to add to this insult is La Tech out recruiting USF.  Taggart's only redemption to this two year fiasco is now a further black mark against his HCing ability. 2016 can't come soon enough for me.

FIU has 20 commits and FAU have 25 commits. USF has 14 commits and we outrank both teams in terms of average star rating. Cincy is ranked #51 with 21 commits and that sounds great, but we have just about the same average star rating as them (.01 difference). FAU/FIU won't have better classes in the end, wait until the players have signed, then complain if you want. It's amazing we're ranked 2nd or 3rd in conference rankings with only 14 commits and coming off 2 horrible years. We'll be near the top again in the G5 rankings.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

We should be fine*, but honestly, we could use another JUCO QB. my guess is we don't hit 25, but may take a larger than normal group of transfers... 

*As long as those who are committed stay...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

FIU has 20 commits and FAU have 25 commits. USF has 14 commits and we outrank both teams in terms of average star rating. 

It's kind of amazing that some still aren't aware of the significance of the average star rating if they're going to give weight to recruiting ...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

It's early...but I'm really hoping to keep what we have, and snag a handful of 3 stars and/or hidden gems.  And there's this:

Willie Taggart â€@CoachTaggart  11m11 minutes ago
Ring, ring, ring. Great call for the Bulls!

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

And with this

It's early...but I'm really hoping to keep what we have, and snag a handful of 3 stars and/or hidden gems.  And there's this:

Willie Taggart â€@CoachTaggart  11m11 minutes ago

Ring, ring, ring. Great call for the Bulls!

USF jumps ahead of LATech and FAU.

Upperhand and hbryan can now sleep peacefully tonight

:slapmax::loser:

Edited by Dogma

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Until somebosy else decommits and we slip again

Oh NO!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,032
  • Days Won:  20

Where did I say I was losing sleep over the standings of our recruiting class? A member asked for information so I took a moment to answer the question. I didn't give an opinion one way or another.

The rankings mean nothing anyways because a 2-star prospect can have an All-American caliber career.

Unfortunately my sleeping situation will remain unchanged regardless of who Taggart signs since sleep is dictated by the teething infant in my house. :D