• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New offense, New Defense: still 1 problem

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

All of the reports have said we would be. I would expect to be. I don't think Harlan would allow that news to be released without it being so.

When was this news released  and where?

Why you always lookin for proof and crap??? Just take a brothers word, we're all buds

The only reports I've seen have come from here on the good ol' TBP, based on garden variety Tweets. I too, would rather know facts than believe some likely hinky source.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I credit Newberg as a reputable source of news:

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Board/59416/Contents/USF-to-switch-to-a-spread-attack-33719026

Then there's also the tweet/inference that was made about that Cali QB who decommited from UF. Josh also talked about him, indicating it was another confirmation that we're trying to go for the spread, looking to pickup someone like him who would be a great fit for spread offense.

^ I mention the above because I read someone putting two and two together in another thread here. There's a tweet from some recruiting news person (also in the thread) about how USF could be pursuing him.. and then there's more info for VIP that Josh included. I figure its free game to discuss what was talked about on twitter already. 

Also, you've gotta think that bringing Kinnan in is another indicator in the shift. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Board/59416/Contents/USF-to-switch-to-a-spread-attack-33719026

Then there's also the tweet/inference that was made about that Cali QB who decommited from UF. Josh also talked about him, indicating it was another confirmation that we're trying to go for the spread, looking to pickup someone like him who would be a great fit for spread offense.

^ I mention the above because I read someone putting two and two together in another thread here. There's a tweet from some recruiting news person (also in the thread) about how USF could be pursuing him.. and then there's more info for VIP that Josh included. I figure its free game to discuss what was talked about on twitter already. 

Also, you've gotta think that bringing Kinnan in is another indicator in the shift. 

Got no problem if it's stuff like that you're basing your hypothesis on. Just when you threw in Harlan allowing the news to be released, it got kind of confusing .... 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,931
  • Days Won:  12

I would not feel great about a true frosh QBing. At least not better than if White played

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Got no problem if it's stuff like that you're basing your hypothesis on. Just when you threw in Harlan allowing the news to be released, it got kind of confusing .... 

I see your point. 

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,351
  • Days Won:  4

I would not feel great about a true frosh QBing. At least not better than if White played

I would. If he were a stud. Edited by ForestBull

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Personally, I think Bench could do the job if we went with the spread.

Remember, we have a running game (okay, good running backs), so he doesn't have to get the long conversions.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

without a qb you have little

i think i have been saying this for a while

no one on our current roster looks like they can lead us to an aac title

We are going to spread the offense so far apart so it will be flowers one on one against their guy. Surely we can beat one guy.

Spread offense does not equal read-option.

Baylor runs a spread offense, but Bryce Petty is not a running QB.

West Virginia runs a spread offense, but Clint Trickett is not a running QB.

Mike White could be fine in the spread... I've read some about Art Briles' offense, and the biggest point he made was spreading out the defense - with a little motion - forces the defense to commit to the run or pass earlier - it's harder to disguise a defense when it's spread out from sideline to sideline.