• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New defense, new offense, does CWT get 2 more years?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I'm gonna call it. 2016 we'll see USF's 4th HC. It will be due to dumb play calling and no player development. Hope I'm wrong but nothing CWT has done here has given me any hope for any different outcome.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I'm gonna call it. 2016 we'll see USF's 4th HC. It will be due to dumb play calling and no player development. Hope I'm wrong but nothing CWT has done here has given me any hope for any different outcome.

I'm sad to say I agree...I just haven't seen much to convince me things are on a significant upward trend and all these coaching and offensive scheme changes just feel like grasping at straws. I don't see how we make a bowl game.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Is 6 wins but no bowl (ala Temple this year) enough to bring him back?

It might be... depending on how the 6 losses were (close or blowouts, which teams, etc)... and it probably really depends on the attendance... that affects USF as much as anything... we need to get people to buy tickets and make donations.

I was going to ask the same question. 6 wins and no bowl isn't impossible next year.

Real tough decision, bowl eligible but no bowl.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Glad they made the changes. if something isn't working why shouldn't they change?  

Seems like he brought in some guys that might be able to help him tweak his offense. Hopefully he is willing to have an open mind. The playcalling has to be more creative.  I get that he wants to impose his will on teams but you need to have superior talent and we don't have that yet. Maybe in the future if he continues to recruit top notch classes.

The defense definitely needed a change, It's ridiculous playing prevent defense as your base defense in college. There is no reason to rush 3 and drop into a soft zone in almost every scenario. We are not playing Tom  Brady and Peyton Manning every week. We need an aggressive, attacking defense and that wasn't what we were getting.

It's amazing that most of you called him stubborn and now that it seems he is willing to adapt you say he is grasping at straws. I think he realizes his mistakes and is willing to correct them. He is one of the youngest head coaches in college football. anybody who thought he wouldn't go through some growing pains were being unrealistic. Personally I think we are fine and he is showing progress. It wasn't going to be an instant turnaround. He is bringing in plenty of talent and our AD is willing to surround him with some decent coaches that he can learn from.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Glad they made the changes. if something isn't working why shouldn't they change?  

Seems like he brought in some guys that might be able to help him tweak his offense. Hopefully he is willing to have an open mind. The playcalling has to be more creative.  I get that he wants to impose his will on teams but you need to have superior talent and we don't have that yet. Maybe in the future if he continues to recruit top notch classes.

The defense definitely needed a change, It's ridiculous playing prevent defense as your base defense in college. There is no reason to rush 3 and drop into a soft zone in almost every scenario. We are not playing Tom  Brady and Peyton Manning every week. We need an aggressive, attacking defense and that wasn't what we were getting.

It's amazing that most of you called him stubborn and now that it seems he is willing to adapt you say he is grasping at straws. I think he realizes his mistakes and is willing to correct them. He is one of the youngest head coaches in college football. anybody who thought he wouldn't go through some growing pains were being unrealistic. Personally I think we are fine and he is showing progress. It wasn't going to be an instant turnaround. He is bringing in plenty of talent and our AD is willing to surround him with some decent coaches that he can learn from.

It's nice to see so many new posters even after a  rough season!  Welcome to TheBullsPen.com 

;)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Bowl game or he's gone

+1

I think with some changes, like some freaking blocking, and some nice throws and caches, it's not all that difficult to make a bowl.

We are in one of the softest conferences!

I'm optimistic. I think with the changes that CWT is trying to make, we should go bowling.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

6 wins or gone.  He actually has a fairly challenging schedule, so this might be difficult.  We do not play Tulsa or Tulane next year, so that's 2 wins that we don't get there.  Plus we have all the eastern teams such as Cincy, UCF, and ECU, along with an improving Temple.  We play Navy and Houston which should be tough, and let's not forget FSU, Maryland, and Syracuse.

He needs 6 wins to save his job, but he's going to have a tough time getting there.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I think he needs to win 7 games since winning 6 games won't guarantee a bowl game.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I think he needs to win 7 games since winning 6 games won't guarantee a bowl game.

I'm not sure with the AAC's meager bowl tie-ins if 7 is a lock.