• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jobs open? Let's speculate on coaching hires

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Don't care about the resume as much as I do about their philosophy.

I want someone to call an aggressive defense again.

none of this sitting back bend but don't break junk. it was awful when Holtz was here and it's still terrible now. Our worst defenses have been this style. it's like they play prevent the entire game.

get back to the days when Wally called blitzes and stunts and put pressure in the backfield. aggressive attacking style. Breesnahan acted like we were playing Tom Brady and Peyton Manning every week the way he would only rush 3 and play off receivers all game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

Didnt really see the Ohio St defense but Urbans defenses have usually been aggressive. Ole Miss Def was pretty good this year.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

OSU blanked whisky... They were tough SOBS

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Allen and Fickell seem to both be solid candidates. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that these folks would want to come to our dumpster fire of a program right now. Maybe they think they might have a shot at sticking around long-term regardless of the outcome with Taggart, either as HC or DC?

Good thing you aren't running the show then eh?

I'm as big a fan as anyone. It is what it is. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. The real world does that sometimes.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

they gave up 35 to va tech. the 98th scoring offense in country.

wisconsin was way over rated. their biggest wins were against 8-4 minn and 9-3 nebraska. they lost to northwestern.

Honestly I don't care who he coached for. I only care how he coaches. If he is aggressive and likes to attack an offense than i will be happy.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Joey mentioned DJ Durkin in his blog post today. If we where able to get him, which seems highly unlikely, I would have 100% confidence in Taggart. That would be a phenomenal hire. Durkin makes about $140,000 more than Chuck did.

Edited by theman123

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Heard Luke Fickell has also interviewed (LB/Co-DC) Ohio State

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Fickell

I like Fickell. Already a DC with some head coaching experience and known as a good recruiter.

Excited about the candidates we're looking at. Some good names with solid potential.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

they gave up 35 to va tech. the 98th scoring offense in country.

wisconsin was way over rated. their biggest wins were against 8-4 minn and 9-3 nebraska. they lost to northwestern.

Honestly I don't care who he coached for. I only care how he coaches. If he is aggressive and likes to attack an offense than i will be happy.

wait....we weren't a big win for them? :ph34r:

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Allen and Fickell seem to both be solid candidates. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that these folks would want to come to our dumpster fire of a program right now. Maybe they think they might have a shot at sticking around long-term regardless of the outcome with Taggart, either as HC or DC?

Obviously, they think Taggart is going by mid season giving them a chance to step in.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Joey mentioned DJ Durkin in his blog post today. If we where able to get him, which seems highly unlikely, I would have 100% confidence in Taggart. That would be a phenomenal hire. Durkin makes about $140,000 more than Chuck did.

I think Joey is just taking shots in the dark. He has no idea. 

Watch for news from Josh Newberg on this one. If there is a leak, he will hear it first. If not, expect McMurphy to tell the world when USF tells him. 

Edited by Hem