• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The New AD & Football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

We Bulls are frustrated with USF football, as we should be. But it's not just about axing coaches. (I’m not saying that it wouldn’t solve a lot of our problems right now!) Rather, it’s about leadership.

Up to until recently, USF had been a place where a coaching staff could do anything, as long as the academics were fine, along with following NCAA and university rules. “Just play ball and don’t get into trouble with the NCAA.†No pressure. No demands. And along with that, there was no internal support.

I think Stan Heath was the first one that got the boot for not winning again. And then our new AD stepped in. And I was surprised USF went outside and brought someone in. I thought for sure it was going to be somebody’s friend from within USF.

Clearly, in recent years there’s been a change at USF Athletics. It’s not the “Sun Dome†and “Bar Benders†of old attitude.

With football, the last two years have clearly shown that it’s a program in neutral while stuck in the mud. Okay, so we have some good RBs. That’s pretty much all we’ve gotten in two years with a lot of student money thrown at the program.

Our football program hangs in the balance right now, not to mention the future of USF Athletics (winning football brings in money and a possible upgrade in conference affiliation).

If USF takes on the role of “do what you want†with football, we are going to see the same results next year. USF has two workable options. Cut bait and start again. I think this is highly unlikely due to a lot of reasons. Or USF will start to have an active part in running the football program.

The arrow points to our new AD, not CWT.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,942
  • Days Won:  12

I believe the culture there is very different from Woolard's days, and that is a good thing. I was talking to some of the higher ups in athletics under Woolard about Skip in 2011, and they just kept saying how nice of a guy he was and how we were so close in a lot of games. 

Harlan publicly saying he will sit down and lay it down with the head coach in and of itself is telling. No more gold stickers for coming to work every day. Results required. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

I believe the culture there is very different from Woolard's days, and that is a good thing. I was talking to some of the higher ups in athletics under Woolard about Skip in 2011, and they just kept saying how nice of a guy he was and how we were so close in a lot of games. 

Harlan publicly saying he will sit down and lay it down with the head coach in and of itself is telling. No more gold stickers for coming to work every day. Results required. 

And they were right on both counts .... but then 2012 happened.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

Preach!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

54089435.jpg

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

54089435.jpg

Pennsatucky has the power to heal (USF football)! New offensive coordinator? :D I love Orange is the New Black, great show. Keeping this thread on-topic, I believe Harlan can be successful here. I like the energy he brings.  

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

UCF cheated few times in right times.. Didn't they?

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

they sold their soul to the devil...

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

they sold their soul to the devil...

I texted my buddy this exact statement.

There's no other explanation.

We know GOL can't be on the good fella's side. Must be on the bad fella's.