• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ok, UCF fans. I'll throw some friendly smack talk your way...just cuz!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

I'M NOT SOLD ON YOUR SQUAD!

Of course, you're in the running for another AAC title.  But the toughest conference foe you have faced to this point is Houston; and you won by a millimeter.  Once again, you avoided Cincinnati on your schedule.  And you got another lucky deal by avoiding the best Memphis squad probably ever!  I'm willing to bet that our team, with your conference slate, would likely go bowling (sub out memphis and cincy for tulane and temple).  Yeah, you took care of business against Tulsa and SMU while we nearly lost.  But you also got those games at home, while we had to travel.

Offensively, obviously neither team has much to brag about.  Holman is a stud, but I'm willing to bet my behind that we blitz the heck out of him.  He seems mistake-prone.  Your receiving corps is very nice, but the running game has been sub-par.  Probably due to O'Leary's stubbornness on the power-run spread.  Our defense statistically has been bad, but thats due to youth.  We fly around and hit people.  We may not tackle, but we hit people lol.  

Now on to the powerhouse UCF defense.  Whoooo boy when I look at these numbers all I do is go "uh oh, we gonna die."  4th in pass defense, 4th in total defense, 16th in rush defense, 24 turnovers caused.  The list goes on and on.  But, as Lee Corso would say:  "Not so fast my friend!"  Let's take a look at who UCF has played.  Penn State:  113th total offense.  Mizzouri:  101st.  Houston:  75th.  BYU:  28th (you faced them without Taysom Hill).  Tulane:  105th.  Temple:  117th.  UCONN:  123rd.  Tulsa:  55th.  SMU:  124th.  Basically, this defense has faced NOBODY!!!!!   I'm not sold on this defense!!!!  Our defense has gone up against the 3rd, 18th, 23rd, and 48th ranked offenses this season.  Obviously our offense is in no position to really test your defense, but I think these numbers might be very misleading.  

Now of course there are plenty of counterarguments to make.  We are no world-beater either.  But I want to hear from the UCF fans!  Sell me on your team!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

We should be quiet until after the game.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

UCF eats poop 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

OP made a lot of good points but I'll just add that Holman looks to be progressing nicely the last 2 games. Yes Tulsa and SMU are horrible so it's always hard to gauge but I saw some things from Holman that have me excited about his future if he keeps improving. A lot better compared to his tape vs Bethune, Tulane, and Houston. USF does have better individual talent on Defense than both of those opponents. We'll see if the Oline can give him the time he had vs SMU .

Edited by ambienknights

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

This is game 24 for CWT. Our offense is a finely tuned machine. USF wins by 21.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

UCF's mother smells of elderberries.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,047
  • Days Won:  38

I think we can only talk smack to teams like Tulsa or SMU... Wait those were even close games.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

WHAT is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

And it was..Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! Sheesh

You know whats good about USF athletics? The Sun Dolls

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

What is your quest????

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,370
  • Days Won:  43

Too hard to talk smack during Thanksgiving. Kudos to both USF and UCF for scheduling the game after Thanksgiving as it eliminates a lot of hate. Also, kudos for the noon kickoff as it will be a more subdue crowd. The night games for USF/UCF are terrible and out of control. If I were USF, I would never accept a night kickoff at home against UCF. We tried to do that the 1st game and it was a disaster with so may UCF fans starting fights. It was terrible.