• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF UCF the tables have turned

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

We'll see on Saturday

friday*

flip had it right.

ucf plays on friday, usf plays on saturday...

Not sure if serious...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I came to post this - not to start smack but the approach top to bottom is a total 180 from the series in the 2000s...and even last season. The UCF fan in me would love to think your athletic dept is eating humble pie for things like killing the Big East by keeping us out while ESPN was at the table the first time...to having a dismal record against us in all-sports lately.

But in reality I think there was some growing-up and a lot of that could easily be attributable to new blood like Harlan. Credit to him or anyone who stood up at a staff meeting and said, "Look, we've had a bad season but ill be damned if UCF will have more fans than is in our house." And that may be what happened. How else do you explain the beatucf stuff coming out like a machine in Tampa. Again credit to whoever because they are actually creating a buzz for this game - and that benefits all of us.

USF single handedly kept you out of the Big East? Thank you for the compliment.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

People at both schools need to chill. Fortunes change and reverse in football all the time. They've swapped places...it won't last, never does.

Trying to think of schools of similar makeup and proximity that aren't considered rivals.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_college_football_rivalry_games#NCAA_Division_I_Football_Bowl_Subdivision

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Give it time, it will become a rivalry. Both programs are just too young and we don't have a long history, we have only played 5 games.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

To shed some light on this. This is no disrespect to USF. We all know usf is a rival..always have been no matter what you say. O'Leary essentially said as much on the radio show. He did condemn the use of the word hate or ridiculous high emotion for this game rather like any other game it is standing in the way of a potential conference championship. GOL has preached this every year. He says the same thing every game every week. He always says it is a one game season every week for 10 years now.

So..what works? Is it tempering emotions and focusing on mental aspect of film study, practice, etc. or getting really emotional and hyping it up with your players with past games? I tend to think you can have best of both worlds, but I am concerned that Oleary needs to let the kids be a little more emotional about this game. You could say I am **** concerned about this game. Isn't it senior day too?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

UCF

We dominate them for 4-0, and in their best year, and our worst, they beat us by 3 points, a 2 loss team, and now they don't want a rivalry between us anymore.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Days Won:  12

I can't hear the UCF fans over our endowment size, research dollars pouring in, and incredible new leadership in athletics.

I can't hear the UCF fans over our endowment size, research dollars pouring in, and incredible new leadership in athletics.

If that only won conference championships we'd be all set.