• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FOOTBALL 2015

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Assuming that Taggart stays on as head coach.  What, if any, changes would you like to see mad to the team for next year?  

A lot of guys on here say he deserves a third year and it is just a matter of recruiting to get his guys in here.  So does that mean you think he is a good enough play caller and game manager that it is just a matter of the guys we have coming back more physically mature next year?  

Personally, as I stated in another thread, I have no problem with him coming back.  However, he must bring in an experienced, proven P5 level OC and make that guy the associate HC as well.  Perhaps sort of the opposite of the "HC in Waiting".  More of a mentoring HC.  With so many WRs that will be seeing the field for the first time next year or that have seen the field are are really inexperienced plus having three new starters on the OL We need an offensive minded coach that can bring more than a handful of plays that are run from changing formations.  We also need someone that can teach Taggart how to organize the offense properly so there are not so many late play calls.  Taggart also needs to have someone teach him how to change up an offense when the defense makes adjustments.  

I am fine with Taggart's recruitng prowess, but that is all on paper and off the field stuff.  He needs someone to teach him how to be a winning HC at this level.  

I think we are fine on defense.  That is where I see that youth and physical immaturity hut us this year.  Plus, I think Bresnahan's experience and stature is the the kind of thing that we need on the offensive side of the ball

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Make it the Willie and Willie show.

Hire Willie Fritz who is the HC for Georgia Southern. His salary is $500k. His team leads the nation in rushing with almost 400 yards per game; they are also #9 in the nation if scoring. This season they lost by 1 point to NC state and only 4 to GA Tech. Last year they won in the Swamp. Willie Fritz gets shitz done. Let him call the offense, let Tags be the CEO.

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

I want him back for 1 more year. As far as I'm concerned we either take a huge jump next year and compete for the AAC or he proves he just can't get it done and on to the next. If I have to sit through another year of this kind of offense I might lose my mind.

In a perfect world I am with you. He gives up his love-fest with this miserable offense and let's someone who knows what they're doing take over. It's all but a guarantee at this point that a creative mind would be able to put up better numbers on that side of the ball and actually give us a chance. But we all know that's not happening. 

Edited by USFbulls24

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Fritz is probably a better HC than our HC, he's not being second fiddle.

Wulff is supposed to be that "P5 OC associate HC" guy. 

I think we need a Wally Burnham type guy, just on offense. And old fogie with a great football mind that doesn't have ambitions of being HC as he winds down his career.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

I think we need a Wally Burnham type guy, just on offense. And old fogie with a great football mind that doesn't have ambitions of being HC as he winds down his career.

Of course I know Fritz wouldn't actually come to this dumpster fire.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

1 more year as well to see if he makes the jump. My mindset has been from time of hire it would take 2 years to improve from mess to get to a bowl game. If we regress it's probably best to let go. I think coaches need at least close to a full recruiting cycle before getting canned.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Assuming that Taggart stays on as head coach.  What, if any, changes would you like to see mad to the team for next year?  

A lot of guys on here say he deserves a third year and it is just a matter of recruiting to get his guys in here.  So does that mean you think he is a good enough play caller and game manager that it is just a matter of the guys we have coming back more physically mature next year?  

Personally, as I stated in another thread, I have no problem with him coming back.  However, he must bring in an experienced, proven P5 level OC and make that guy the associate HC as well.  Perhaps sort of the opposite of the "HC in Waiting".  More of a mentoring HC.  With so many WRs that will be seeing the field for the first time next year or that have seen the field are are really inexperienced plus having three new starters on the OL We need an offensive minded coach that can bring more than a handful of plays that are run from changing formations.  We also need someone that can teach Taggart how to organize the offense properly so there are not so many late play calls.  Taggart also needs to have someone teach him how to change up an offense when the defense makes adjustments.  

I am fine with Taggart's recruitng prowess, but that is all on paper and off the field stuff.  He needs someone to teach him how to be a winning HC at this level.  

I think we are fine on defense.  That is where I see that youth and physical immaturity hut us this year.  Plus, I think Bresnahan's experience and stature is the the kind of thing that we need on the offensive side of the ball

I agree with this however he won't relinquish that much control
  • Upvote 1

Of course I know Fritz wouldn't actually come to this dumpster fire.

Cool. Might as well suggest Saban as DC, then. We've upped our academic standards to the point he probably no longer has ill will toward us.

ckparrot has nailed this in other threads. we either give him 2+ years or just fire him now.

The QB's on this roster are not good enough to win next year. He'll have to recruit someone this year and nobody is starting in this offense year 1 and excelling.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Wooooooooooo! 2016 is CWT's year.