• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT Using Memphis As His Model To Rebuild USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Before everyone gets all worked up (too late) Taggart never said he was emulating or modeling after Memphis. He doesn't say that in the article nor have I ever seen it reported elsewhere. All of that is the writer piecing together that Taggart wants a good ground game and has struggled for 2 years similar to Memphis. That's the writer's opinion on the model not Taggart's.

It clearly wasn't the Memphis ground game that beat us.  We defended that extremely well, it was the passing game.  Taggart doesn't know how to pass.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Before everyone gets all worked up (too late) Taggart never said he was emulating or modeling after Memphis. He doesn't say that in the article nor have I ever seen it reported elsewhere. All of that is the writer piecing together that Taggart wants a good ground game and has struggled for 2 years similar to Memphis. That's the writer's opinion on the model not Taggart's.

It clearly wasn't the Memphis ground game that beat us. We defended that extremely well, it was the passing game. Taggart doesn't know how to pass.

What are you talking about? Just the other day, someone asked CWT if he wanted to run a functioning offense and he said, "Nah, I'll pass."

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Just watching the bad coaching errors, I doubt cwt is going to learn how to be an effective HC in the offseason. Learn how to develop talent and win games. He's so far over his head, it seems, from the decisions he makes in games. These go way over Holtz and his not using time outs.

Jesus, quit dragging Holtz into every thread. Your obsession is borderline psychotic.

the horse isn't dead yet

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

So basically the model is next year we can be in a lot more games and by 2016 we have to hope the schedule is soft enough where we can make waves in the AAC?

I really like to see what USF could do to UCLA, Ole Miss, or even Middle Tennessee State.
Lose, lose and win most likely. Same results as Memphis this year. I don't see your point. Memphis gets a pretty soft AAC schedule this year missing UCF and ECU. Look at the last 6 opponents you play and then get back to me.

OK. Memphis features wins @Cincy, MTSU, and @Temple along with close L's to UCLA and Mississippi.

I certainly won't apologize for Memphis being 8-3 (6-1)

I wonder how much fun your board was last year when you were 3 - 9?  Were your fans patient or screaming for Fuentes' head?  

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

It clearly wasn't the Memphis ground game that beat us. We defended that extremely well, it was the passing game. Taggart doesn't know how to pass.

My point was that none of it was based on Taggart saying he was modeling after Memphis.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Taggart needs to bring in a strong recruiting class, again.

Otherwise, I lose all hope for 2015

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

What are you talking about? Just the other day, someone asked CWT if he wanted to run a functioning offense and he said, "Nah, I'll pass."
lol

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

So basically the model is next year we can be in a lot more games and by 2016 we have to hope the schedule is soft enough where we can make waves in the AAC?

I really like to see what USF could do to UCLA, Ole Miss, or even Middle Tennessee State.
Lose, lose and win most likely. Same results as Memphis this year. I don't see your point. Memphis gets a pretty soft AAC schedule this year missing UCF and ECU. Look at the last 6 opponents you play and then get back to me.

OK. Memphis features wins @Cincy, MTSU, and @Temple along with close L's to UCLA and Mississippi.

I wonder how much fun your board was last year when you were 3 - 9?  Were your fans patient or screaming for Fuentes' head?  

Not at all, but we're a hoops school, and Fuente's teams made progress in the view of the fans.

on the other hand Josh Pastner has won 130 games in 5 seasons, and taken Memphis to 4 straight NCAA tourneys...many of our 'fans' are ready to fire him for the sin of not being John Calipari.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Pastner is no Calipari as Pastner probably remembers his kids' birthdays.

Funny stuff.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder how much fun your board was last year when you were 3 - 9? Were your fans patient or screaming for Fuentes' head?

Nobody screaming for his head more than his recruiting. Some of our crazy ones believe Fuente should be landing top 50 classes. The dude knows how to win with whatever he got to work with. He doesn't have to overwhelm people with stars. He had cred with me after he was important to Andy Dalton's developement. He showing it with Lynch who was an unranked QB and many schools backed off of because of an injury to his knee.