• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT Using Memphis As His Model To Rebuild USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

So basically the model is next year we can be in a lot more games and by 2016 we have to hope the schedule is soft enough where we can make waves in the AAC?

I really like to see what USF could do to UCLA, Ole Miss, or even Middle Tennessee State.
Lose, lose and win most likely. Same results as Memphis this year. I don't see your point. Memphis gets a pretty soft AAC schedule this year missing UCF and ECU. Look at the last 6 opponents you play and then get back to me.
That soft scheduling is so irrelevent. We were picked 7th preseason. People assumed we were cupcake till they saw the UCLA game. If it makes you feel better we play both those teams next year.

You have lost the last 9 to UCF and the last 7 to ECU so not having them on the schedule likely helped whether or not you want to admit it.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

So basically the model is next year we can be in a lot more games and by 2016 we have to hope the schedule is soft enough where we can make waves in the AAC?

I really like to see what USF could do to UCLA, Ole Miss, or even Middle Tennessee State.
Lose, lose and win most likely. Same results as Memphis this year. I don't see your point. Memphis gets a pretty soft AAC schedule this year missing UCF and ECU. Look at the last 6 opponents you play and then get back to me.
That soft scheduling is so irrelevent. We were picked 7th preseason. People assumed we were cupcake till they saw the UCLA game. If it makes you feel better we play both those teams next year.

You have lost the last 9 to UCF and the last 7 to ECU so not having them on the schedule likely helped whether or not you want to admit it.

Soft scheduling is never irrevevant

Ask undefeated, but yet unranked in the playoffs standings, Marshall

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

The conference schedule is so wack.

All of the conference leaders had the easiest conference schedules. What a coincidence.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680

I thought Stanford "west coast" was the model.

Looks like west coast ball doesn't work on the east coast. Maybe that is why it's west coast.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I have never heard Taggart say he was modeling anything after Memphis.  Stanford maybe, but never Memphis.

The only similarities are to build a tough defense and based around a solid running game.

Memphis in their second year under Fuentes was much further ahead in their progress than USF in Taggart's second year.  Take a look at their season in 2013.  They took most games that they lost deep into the fourth quarter with a chance to win and actually lost several on last play of several games and also a few dumb interceptions by their freshman QB.  Looking back, all the signs were that they would be a pretty good team once their QB got some experience and once they put together a few of the missing parts.  

We still look like we are starting over against all, but the worst teams in the league.  They also didn't have attendance to their games dropping close to 10,000 or 12,000 people which is the wild card on how long Taggart is afforded to stay.  

I am not sure if Taggart should stay or go, but all I continue to see on the field is a mess.  It is great that we are getting nice recruits on paper, but recruits usually take another two or three years to truly develop.  Another 2 to 3 years of patience is asking a lot when attendance is dropping like a rock.

Memphis is in their 3rd year with Fuentes. Hired in 2012

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Are we really talking about someone's  soft schedule with the pathetic display of our team this year???

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

OK. Memphis features wins @Cincy, MTSU, and @Temple along with close L's to UCLA and Mississippi.

I certainly won't apologize for Memphis being 8-3 (6-1)

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

Just watching the bad coaching errors, I doubt cwt is going to learn how to be an effective HC in the offseason. Learn how to develop talent and win games. He's so far over his head, it seems, from the decisions he makes in games. These go way over Holtz and his not using time outs.

Jesus, quit dragging Holtz into every thread. Your obsession is borderline psychotic.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^ But Slick needs to have a theme, it's his MO similar to smazza's "we need a premier QB" theme.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Amazing how we can talk about another teams schedule. Just like UCF last year, and the any other team in the country, you play your schedule and you either win or you lose.

USF loses and looks like crap doing it. EVERY team that beats USF is better than USF and deserves whatever accolades they get at the end of the year.

NO, I don't like it one bit. But that's life, deal with it.